Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 07:10 AM   #121  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather_dw View Post
I found Jell-o Pudding Pops at the store today. I LOVED those as a younger person. I had to get some. they are 90 calories a piece, so definitely not a purchase I'll be making often (if ever again after this), but I just had to get some of that nostalgia going.
HeatherDW, why wouldn't you ever buy them again if you like them? If you are able to control yourself portion wise, that is a great treat! I have either a Skinny Cow Low Fat Fudge Bar or Ice Cream Sandwich *every* night! 90 calories is less than either of the things I eat. I believe (at least for me) that when I say "I can never have..." it makes me want something even more. Make sense? All things in moderation. 6 pudding pops? Nope...1 pudding pop? Absolutely! You might see if you can find a low fat version or sugar free one if they make it, but don't deny yourself a treat now and again.

Annie...you look marvelous! I love the new pic of you. You will be passing me by weight wise before you know it and I will be cheering for you as you zoom on past!

As for me, life is busy, but that is GOOD. I am staying OP and clothes are starting to loosen up a bit. I am glad for that. Now if winter would get the heck outta here I would be sooooooo happy.

Well...have a great OP Sunday.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:12 AM   #122  
Anne

S/C/G: 407/358-Dec2007/tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all,

I'm avoiding cleaning up my desk for at least a few more minutes, so I thought I'd say hello. It's officially rest day (from exercising at least). It's a horrible gray morning and it's actually raining, maybe freezing rain actually. All in all it's probably a day best spent inside. Good thing that my chores are all indoor ones. Although tonight's dinner is steak on the barbecue....

Heatherdw - I agree with Torister, 90 cals is not a bad treat. If you deny yourself something you really want, eventually you'll slip. Try to find a way to work it into your diet. I forget what calorie count you had settled on, but I think it was high enough that a 90 cal pudding once in a while wouldn't be a bad thing.

Annie -
Yesterday I ended up doing 30 mins of the DVD, 60 mins on the treadmill, but I traded off the last 30 mins on the treadmill for 15 mins of weights. It seemed like a reasonable trade-off. I was going to try and con myself into the treadmill by starting with 15 mins. I've done that before - told myself that I'm only going to do a short period and then extended it. I just couldn't commit to it yesterday.

Debimitch - welcome! Congrats on the weight loss so far.

Debbie - Funny, but I always think of you when my knees hurt. I'm so impressed with the DDR exercising. I think that's why I stick with the treadmill so much. It actually puts less stress on my knee than things like lunges and squats. And that's a nice thing to hear about the scale. I like my nice, simplistic, large-number scale. Well, most days.

Okay - time to go do some work.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:11 PM   #123  
Proud Army Mom

S/C/G: 319.2/265/160

ok I know I will not get to everyone's comments on here since I just scrolled threw 3 pages....!!!! yikes you girls were busy yesterday & this morning!!

DH came home yesterday around 2pm we stopped at Applebee's for lunch I ordered Grilled Shrimp & Spinach salad.......it would of been better for me to ask for the salad dressing on the side & then I could of visualized how much it was.....but all in all a good choice.

DH bought me a TomTom!!!! I got him clippers for his mustache & goatee, an office chair, and a new lunch box.

We go out tonight if we are feeling well enough..........I'm battling the sweats right now and this blasted cough!!! I hate coughing its.....*cough HACK cough* *tinkle, tinkle* *cough HACK cough*.....grrrrrrr (I know probably TMI sorry)

thanks for all the get well wishes & dh is feeling lots better & his sugar is doing good so far! 140 last night & 95 this am.....although around lunchtime it was 214........they said he will only have to take the inusulin this week while on Prednisone......next week his sugar should be back down with his pill & diet

will write more later
Old 02-17-2008, 01:25 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Dmpls, it must be such a relief to have hubby home & to know he won't be reliant on meds for too long either. I hope you both get well soon, your 'tinkle' made me laugh, i thought it was only me who had to 'hold in' when I cough or sneeze!!!lol
Rainbow, I read the thread you started BUT a lot had been edited & I think maybe people got the wrong idea. I understand 'poitive thinking' sometimes it's just hard to see the 'light', though you do a darned good job AND help cheer the place up when some of us are down/worried/upset, that includes me. I hope it hasn't stopped you wanting to post as we would miss you and your 'sunshine smiles'xxxxx
Bye for now, weigh in tomorrow, I'm 'expecting' a GOOD LOSS, here's fingers crossed.
xxxxsharon
Old 02-17-2008, 02:35 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone,

I'm feeling a little better today, and am going to try to exercise. It's a beautiful day outside, perfect for a nice walk.

Yesterday I went shopping in search of a suitable top to wear for the speed dating event this week that I am signed up for. Hopefully it won't be canceled, as the last event was, due to lack of male participation. Apparently, women like speed dating more than men do.

Now, I could scrounge together something in my closet to wear, but I have found through my weight loss journey that wearing too-big clothes makes me feel dumpy and sloppy. I have tried to buy a couple of pairs of pants for each size, and 3 tops that fit. I've scrounged the clearance sales to get the cheapest possible clothes, since I'm not in the position to buy a wardrobe in each size. And, for a dating event, I think I should go in feeling my best, don't you?

I didn't find anything I was wild about, but there was one blouse on clearance in an 18/20 that I will go and buy today. It's a little small for my tastes, but it doesn't look ill-fitting. I am really still a 22, but they're getting a little big on me, and I don't want to buy something that's a little loose when I'm losing weight. The closer-fitting clothes make me look smaller.

It was nice to see that size 20, while it doesn't fit, is coming within the realm of possibility in my mind. I bought a cute top in a 1x (very cheap) to go with the $5 clearance size 20 pants I have hanging in my closet. It will be a cute work outfit for the Spring. Probably within a month it will fit, although my estimates have been way off in the past.
--------------
Tori: how nice that you are OP and feeling great. I love the feeling of eating well and noticing great health and a shrinking body. Makes me wonder why I stray from the plan and stuff myself with things that ruin my health and progress from time to time.

Anne: You are getting in a lot of exercise. I hope you see results soon.

Annie: I have to tell you that I am filled with admiration for you. The strength in your posts is amazing. I'm in awe of the way you have taken control of your life, turned it around, and found the confidence and strength to stand up for yourself and remain centered. I look up to you for all you have done and the quiet confidence you now have. You also look fabulous--like a new person.

Debbie: I'm sorry your son and DIL continue to bring fresh pain into your life. I hope that one day it will turn around, but in the meantime, I think you have done all you can. Many hugs.

DMPLS: Good job ordering a healthy meal at Appleby's. Yay on both you and hubby feeling better.

Sharon: I have everything crossed for a good weigh in tomorrow. Hurray for staying on plan and working hard.

Julee: I give you a lot of credit for putting yourself out there in such a big way with your singing. I'm sorry that someone's comments hurt you. I know that I would have a hard time putting it into perspective myself, but being far removed from it, I can say that the public makes sport out of ripping talent show contestants and celebrities to pieces. If you ever read the message boards at American Idol, you'd be shocked at how many comments there were about the contestants' hair, makeup, clothes, body, etc. Again, I know that I would have a very hard time not taking the comments personally, but they're not really about you so much as they are about people who need to tear others down to make themselves feel better.

Last edited by BattleAx; 02-17-2008 at 04:28 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #126  

Height: 5'7"

hello everyone..
Im having a pretty good day today. Sleeping past 5 am is wonderful. I only lost a half pound last week but thats OK. I measured and was amazed how fast the inches are coming off. Today starts week #4 for me. I started on a sunday but am thinking that maybe I should change my weigh in day till friday. That way if we eat out on sat it wont hurt my weight. I am really starting to look forward to going out for a nice meal. We live in a very small town and have to drive an hour any direction to get to a nice restraunt.

DMPLS glad your husband is better !! My husband is a diabetic also. We have worked really hard to get his under control. He takes meds daily for his.

Have a good day ,,,Im going to work on laundry.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Debbie: Great weight loss! I'm sure things will be weird at work to say the least for a while. I know that people are going to be freaking out and stuff. Most of them have been there for a lonnnnng time. I just looked on line at Arbor's website and well, just reading the job discriptions I don't think it is something I want to do forever. I will continue until I find something else or they boot me to the curb. If they offer me a job, Arbor, I may take it for a bit just to see how it is to work for that company. I'm not stressing about it. I know I have some time. April 1st is D-Day for us.

Peggy: Hugs to you. Thanks for the lovely comments.

Anne: You did great with all the exercise. I'm proud of you.

DMPLS: Feel better very soon. Hugs.

Sharon: Good luck at your weigh in tomorrow. I'm sure you will do great!

Well, I am having a kind of lazy day. I am still in jammies and it is 11:30 a.m.! DH is in his Nascar lounge pants watching..... Nascar. lol. I am thinking about going to window shop or something. Kind of board and if I go to the mall at least I will be walking around. Hope you are all doing well and having a great day.

Blessings,
Annie
Old 02-17-2008, 02:45 PM   #128  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Battle: Huge hugs for your comments. You made my day. Jeepers really you did. I feel so good that my confidence is real and I had been missing it for sooooo very long. Thanks. Okay. On the new clothes in size 20. I know how you feel. I am so excited for you. Yesterday I tried on a blouse that I had bought not remembering the size or anything and I liked what I saw but when I took it off, I glanced at the tag and literally gasped. It was a size 22/24. Coming from a 32+ less than a year ago it amazed me and slapped me in the face with the FACT that I am loosing weight. Even when my pea brain won't except it there are times like that that I am faced with it. We are shrinking and a huge Cheers to all of us for that! I hope you have a fantastic time on the speed dating and you meet at the very least someone interesting! Hugs.

Debimitch: congrats on -.5 We need to celebrate all of the looses no matter their size. Hugs to you.

Okay. I think I am caught up with the ones I missed earlier.

Blessigns,
Annie
Old 02-17-2008, 05:26 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Hey Peeps

Things are weird around here this weekend. My laptop fried right before we went to the funeral of a close friend, get home and having company from both coasts for dinner and the kitchen plumbing backed up, right before dinner one of my nieces had a growing up crisis and may end up living with us - all of this I'm handling just fine - dinner went off - stinky kitchen and all - great. Served skinny cows for desert so I didn't have even more dirty dishes I couldn't wash. Handling everything great - thennnnnnnn - my trainer called and cancelled not just the swimming but the land workout today. What a switch - that is what bummed me the most. I have stayed OP and done fine but I'm really bummed out today. Yes, of course I could do it myself! So the girls and I have had a great snow day - this morning we got about 6 inches of the most beautiful big flaked snow - very heavy - and now it is mostly all melted. What a perfect snow to watch.

Sounds like everyone is more industrious than I am today - but now I feel motivated so guess I'll get moving. Thanks for the nudge.

Hugs til later,
Carol
Old 02-17-2008, 08:24 PM   #130  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

I don't remember what brand they are...but at the store the other day I saw a box of various popsicle type snackies...the plain fruit ones (sugar free) were like 15 calories each...the fudgie ones were like 30 calories each and the fruit and cream ones were in the middle. WOWIE! I actually have a container of Dryer's Double Churned (lower fat and calories) in the freezer from before I restarted WW. I know that for 2-3 points I can have some but for some reason...the urge has not struck. DH likes the WW vanilla sundae cons but their cones are soggy adnt he ice cream is gritty. The Skinny Cow ones are wayyyy better. I am waiting for the WW latte bars (coming soon) which will be one point each.

Battle...do you have a Ross near you? I have had clothing emergencies before and have ben able to run in there (they have a semi-decent plus-sized section) and grab a few things CHEAP. Their tops tend to be a little more trendy and less frumpy which is also a plus as well. Good luck on the speed dating!!!

I attempted to make an Indian themed dinner last night. Went out and bought new spices and all sorts of stuff..pored over my cookbooks...and everything tasted like JUNK. DH ate it (like a champ) and I ate the lentils (pre-packaged) and was sad. I offered to take him out but he said it was fine and not to worry. Today we hit Best Buy and grabbed a bunch of DVDs they had on sale for $3.99 and $4.99. Hooray. Tonight is dinner with the in-laws and then Thursday will be the challenge. We're going to dinner with the whole family for DH's mom's birthday and also his cousin's birthday as well. We love the place where we are going...but I am unsure what to order...and hoping I can restrain myself on their garlic cheese rolls....way too good.

Oy birthdays. My birthday is also coming up (35...um....) and it's not long after DH's mom. Last year, we were going to dinner with them for my birthday..and she thought we were there for HER birthday. I was mortified and was pretty PO'ed. I hope she doesn't make the same mistake this year. I also hope she doesn't get mad that we're not sending her flowers this year like we did last year...we just can't afford it right now.

Enjoy the last fleeting moments of the weekend...and enjoy the day off tomorrow those of you who have it (unlike stupid people like me who were supposed to have it and agreed to work anyways).

Peace...

Julee
Old 02-17-2008, 09:17 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

DMPLS, o good, he's home!! I bet that is such a relief. Now, what is a tom tom? The only tom tom I know of is a drum, I think. Clue us in! Glad you two are feeling better.

Sharon, good luck on your WI!!!!

Battleax, What a wonderful feeling to go out and buy some new duds. I bet you look really good in the smaller clothes. Here I'm still running around in dumpy size 3x sweats. You've made me want to go out and buy some "pretty" things. Thanks for the inspiration. And have fun at the speed dating. Sounds really interesting.

Debi, YAY for the 1/2 pound gone. Any poundage gone is better than not. I think the inches melting off are better anyhow, it shows faster.

Annie, how was your relaxing day? Did you go to the mall? Find any good bargains? My dad was watching the race too. He used to race many moons ago and still has it in his blood I guess. I hope things work out for you in your company. You deserve the job of your dreams.

Carol, hope things at your house get back to normal. It's so hard to have so many things going on at one time. Yay for you staying OP thru it all.

Today Jim and I repaired a planter that he had accidently hit with our truck. It was alot of digging the dirt out and hammering away, but at least it's back together. The weather is just awesome!!! Beautiful blue skies and cool breezes. I just love it. I have so many plans for outside this year and can't wait to get started. I Looooooooooove dirt!!!

Off I go,
Debbie
Old 02-17-2008, 10:07 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

I forgot to report on the rock climbing I did for my birthday! Our gym has this big rock-climbing facility and we finally checked it out yesterday and tried it out. What a rush!!! I actually managed to climb to the top (30 or 40 feet maybe?) about 4 times. It was in some ways easier than I thought, and in other ways harder. But it was a lot of fun!!! What a great way to celebrate another year!
Old 02-17-2008, 10:48 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 330/ticker/192

Height: 5'10

Julee: Yep, Ross is on my shopping circuit! In the shopping center closest to me, there is Ross, Lane Bryant and Catherine's. I don't care for Catherine's so much, and will only peek in occasionally, but I frequent Ross and Lane Bryant. Also, I'm in a huge metro area, so there is every type of store within driving distance.

Heather: happy birthday! Rock climbing sounds like fun.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:16 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

OOoohhh HEATHER!!! ROCK CLIMBING??? You are getting adventurous!!!! I bet you felt fi to burst with pride! Did you take any pics? I'm so glad that you are now able to do this sort of thing now, it gives us all hope that we too can be FIT & healthy! Frankly though climbing a wall, even if I weighed 120lbs, would be TORTURE for me, I hate heights, even standing on a chair, lol!!! BUT big CONGRATS!!!
Battle, good luck with the clothes & speed dating, it's weird I'd have thought it appealed to blokes more! WTG on getting into smaller clothes, it's scary AND exciting to be trying new SMALLER stuff on, I was always afraid they would tear or rip as I tried them on, laff!!!! You ought to post some pics of your outfit choices for everyone to vote on!!lol We want you to look FABULOUS & knock those guys out.xxxxxxxxx
Annie FABULOUS on dropping so many dress sizes!!! I'm so happy for you that you are now escaping your 'prison' of fat, it gives me hope that I & others can get our confidence & lives back too.xxxxxxxx
Debbie, YEP the sun gets me wanting to dig in the dirt, plant things & generally get 'busy'. Glad you could mend the planter.xxxxxxxx
Well I weighed in & lost SEVEN pounds!!!! I'm so happy, the sun is shining & I feel good! Think I might have to put a few reasons to be happy below (Rainbow-your happiness & positive outlook is contagious!!!lol)
1 The sun is shining
2 I lost weight
3 There are snowdrops & crocuses in bloom
4 I feel well
5 The boys are off school so we can play all day
Anyone want to add anything else?
xxxxxsharon
Old 02-18-2008, 07:10 AM   #135  

Morning everyone from rainy foggy New England! My backyard looks like something out of a movie set with the fog lifting off of the ICE. Combined with the rain and that it is not really light out right now...I could probably film a horror flick out there. LOL!

I survived the weekend!! WOOHOO!!! Weekends are my hardest times. I dare say I like going to work! Well...I like the structure of the week. I don't have that on the weekends to the extent that I do during the week, but I am planning and that helps!!

Battle - Do you have a Macy's near you? It really is a favorite shopping spot for me. I have gotten some really nice items for not much $$. Everything is "current fashion". It really helps me feel less like a frumpy fat lady and more like a fashion plate!! HAHAHA! Kinda funny since I am typing here in PJs and robe!

Sharon - Way ta go on the loss! NICE!

Debbie - I am with you on looking forward to Spring. It cannot come soon enough!

Annie - You ARE shrinking! Like I said...you keep on trucking and you will be into the 18/20s, 14/16 and right into the non "Plus" sizes before you know it. You inspire me! Keep at it girlfriend!

I will check in throughout the day...have a GREAT OP day!
Closed Thread