Old 12-01-2007, 10:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/220/180

Height: 5'6

Default Starting my journey to be HEALTHY!

I am really glad I found this site, and this group!
I am 315 lbs right now...this is the most I have ever weighed in my life and Yes, I love myself (I said that on another thread, too!) but I also know that I do not want to be crippled (had back surgery) and in pain for the rest of my life. My weight is mostly in my tummy area and yes, I have a lovely pooch - that part I don't like too much - but I have back issues and if I don't shed the pounds now, at 38, when will I?

I love the inspiration, motivation and caring support that you all seem to give. It was so awesome to read so many posts from other women going through the same thing. SO! Here I am and wanting to join the group!

Thanks
megawatt823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 12:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

WELCOME WELCOME!!!!

I'm glad you found us!! This IS a great place and I encourage you to find all the resources you can! Most of the "action" happens on our weekly thread. It moves fast, but you don't have to respond to everyone -- or even anyone. Check out the stickies at the top of the page, too!

I was also very motivated by health issues, and afraid of being immobile, in pain and just missing out on life. I feel like I have gained a new life while I shed 120 pounds. For me, it's worth the daily "grind" of my new lifestyle!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 12:59 PM   #3  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Personally I think it is so important to undertake this journey from an attitude of self love rather than despair. We should never hate ourselves because of our bodies, rather try and look past the negativity to see what we can do to make them healthier. I think a lot of us who start at over 300 find out change is spurred on by wanting to not be in pain. When I started I could barely walk up a flight of stairs - I had to take them one at a time. You can totally make your back feel better by shedding some pounds and with exercise. Are you working with a physical therapist or anyone who can help you with what exercises will be best to help you?
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote