Old 08-28-2007, 11:44 PM   #1  
LOSING TO LIVE LONGER!

Unhappy Need Help And Fast!

Ladies (and Gents) I Desperately Need Your Help!
I Am A 3fc Member From 2005 Who Lost 105lbs. I Helped Many Of You Get Started And Now I Am Asking For You To Help Me.
The Reason I Wanted To Lose My Weight Was To Get Pregnant And Stay Pregnant After Severla Late Term Miscarriages. Well It Worked. I Now Have A Beautiful 14 Month Odl Daughter After Dropping 105lbs Before Getting Pregnant.
My Highest Weight 320
Weight When I Started Dieting And Exercising Here 291
Weight When I Left Here In Sept 2005 188
Weight When I Delivered My Daughter In June 2006 265
Weight Today 319
Even Before At 320 I Had Only Minor Health Problems. Today My Knees Hurt Like H*ll And I Can Barely Get Up And Down The Steps At Home, If I Am Not Winded I Am In Excrutiating Pain Because Of My Knees. Also, I Am Finding That The Tissue In My Throat Is Making It Hard To Breath. I Am Having Anxiety Attacks Thinking My Throat Is Closing All Of The Time.
I Need To Lose Weight Again And Fast. At Least Last Time I Was Able To Exercise. Right Now I Am Not Sure What I Could Even Do To Begin. I Know What To Eat, I Just Keep Drinking The Soda Though And Eating All The Carbs I Want And I Know I Can Not. I Keep Saying Next Month, Next Month Well I Am Afraid I May Not Make It To Next Month One Of These Days. I Am 36 And I Want To Live To See My Daughter's Children Be Born Some Day. Please, I Need Support. A Kick In The A** Or Something. Someone Please Be That Special Something That Gets Me Going!
Thanks, Kim
KIMMIFIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

Sorry, but someone else isn't going to be that special something that gets you going. If somebody else could, then I'm sure it would be that beautiful baby. It's going to have to be all you.

You know what to do and how to do it. Plan your meals and start now. Find a place you can swim or do water aerobics if you find that your knees hurt too much to walk.

There's a lot of encouragement here and that's great but it's going to have to be your choice to start. Good luck.
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:36 AM   #3  

Have you seen someone for your anxiety attacks? Maybe THAT is the place to start - it's hard to take care of yourself physically if you aren't feeling ok mentally! Talk to your doctor!! About that AND your knees!!

You can do this! You've done it before!!
luja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

WELCOME BACK!!!

I don't know if I have the magic words, but I do invite you to join us on the numbered threads, to get involved in our exercise threads....

If you're overwhelmed, take baby steps. Pick one or two things to change, do it , and then pick something else!!!!!!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:13 AM   #5  

Welcome back Kim! You said yourself, "I Know What To Eat, I Just Keep Drinking The Soda Though And Eating All The Carbs I Want And I Know I Can Not. I Keep Saying Next Month, Next Month Well I Am Afraid I May Not Make It To Next Month One Of These Days. I Am 36 And I Want To Live To See My Daughter's Children Be Born Some Day." Hun, that should be all the you need!

You lost weight before for your child, to be able to have one. Now that she's born, she needs you more than you needed her! You do know what to do. You've done it before! If you are serious and you really want to do this - for yourself and for your daughter - you can!

We'll all be here to lend an ear and a helping hand!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 11:50 AM   #6  
LOSING TO LIVE LONGER!

Smile

Thanks to those that replied.
Lilion - I think you said it best. She needs me and that is my incentive. I cut out the coke today. That is my first step. It may not sound like much but for me that is all I drink with an occasional glass of water. So today I have already had 3 16oz bottles of water, about 1/3 of what I would like to get in from now on. I am not sure I am ready to start changing the foods I eat yet but I know when I see the scale drop from cutting the soda out I will be able to do it.
I am going to try to take a short walk tonight with the baby in the stroller. I am not sure my knees can do it although it is the stairs that hurt most. I don't have access to a pool nor would I be seen in a bathing suit right now.Any other suggestions on exercises I can start with would be great.

I want to feel better and I want to be here for my girls. (I have an 8 year old miracle as well).

I am going to post my profile now here too as I already feel like I am back!

Kim
KIMMIFIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 01:50 PM   #7  

Kim anything can be exercise! So long as you move...a short walk is certainly better than none, right?

Cutting out the soda is a wonderful first start - but don't let yourself feel too deprived or you may give it up. Most Coke drinkers don't like Diet Coke. (I'm the opposite) Try Coke Zero - which tastes a lot like regular Coke, for a treat now and then - or flavored waters.

Eating healthier is better for you AND the girls! After all, you'd rather your kids ate lean meats, fruit and veggies instead of pizza, Mac & Cheese and fast food, right? Try just substitutions at first - 2% or skim milk instead of whole, 2% cheese, light margarine, light bread - you get the idea. Little changes will go a LONG way and will teach them good habits too! It's hard with kids - I know! I have a 12 yr old and I have a heck of a time getting him to eat healthy - but at least the majority of the time he gets lean food and things baked instead of fried, etc...even if I do end up making grilled breast for me and chicken nuggets for him.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:16 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 3"

Hey Kim - I started dieting & posting on 3FC two months ago. The funny thing is: my main motivation was my knees were just killing me. Really painful. Same symptom as you.
I just want to tell you: I have lost 30 lbs. I am still obese. BUT MY KNEES HAVE STOPPED HURTING. I run up and down stairs now.
Even 20 or 30 lbs will make a big, big difference in how you feel. Don't think about goal. Think about a mini-goal of 20 or 30 lbs. If I didn't lose another lb, and I will, I am still so glad to lose that 30 lbs & all that pain.
A small weight loss will make a big difference in your quality of life.
I'll be looking for your posts on how you have decided to do this. Congrats on starting back.
GingerA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

I agree with Ginger, a 10% weightloss is likely to help your knees greatly. Make that your first goal. I was struggling up the stairs 4 months ago and can now run up them with just a 35lb loss.

I also know how hard it can be to be back where you started and facing the prospect of doing it all again. However what's the alternative?

Kitty
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:28 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey Kim,
WOW - just the part that you lost all that weight before impresses me! I'm 310 pounds and I've never lost 100 pounds in my life. I am 52 years old and have been overweight for around 30 years. I keep trying and trying and I seem to be in a good place right now as I'm losing - slowly but surely.

Having said all this, my knees are bone on bone. The ortho guy will not operate on my knees this heavy, not that I wanted him to anyway. I blew out my knee 2 years ago and it was the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced in my life. I immediately lost 30 pounds after that and it's true - just that 30 pounds made a HUGE difference in the way my knees feel. Of course I gained the 30 pounds back and more -

I am finding now that I can do 5 minutes at a time on the treadmill - not so much, but at least I'm moving. I'm working up to 10 minutes and then more and more. I am counting calories for the first time in my life. I have found that I'm sick of diet plans - I've done WW a million times. I've done LA Weight Loss, Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem, Optifast, and many many more - so this time, I downloaded some calorie charts on the internet and am actually enjoying this. I write down everything I eat and jot down the calories. For my weight I'm supposed to be able to eat around 2200 calories a day. That is a LOT of calories of wholesome foods! I usually eat from 1500 to 1800 and that is very satisfying!

I eat mainly things that God made - you know the stuff. Fresh fruits, veggies, fish, chicken and some beef or pork. I figure if he made it, it has to be good. The stuff man made is not so good - all the processed food will kill us all one day -

So I guess what I'm saying is just about what everyone else said. You did an awesome job in the past - start slow and you will do it again.

As far as your throat tissue - I haven't heard of that. I have asthma and when I walk outside I can hardly breathe - especially in August in the good old midwest - but if I use an inhaler before I head out, I'm much better. Can anything be done about your throat? Since I don't even know what it is, I can't recommend anything, but I'm sure your MD could.

Good luch and God Bless~~
Lori
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:02 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 350/350/190

Height: 6'1

I'm a noob here but my son is four, and just the idea of being around for your child may seem to be enough, but really it isnt. It just makes you feel more let down because you arent only JUST letting yourself down, you're letting your child down too. Truth is, one small step now will make a huge difference if you KEEP it up. They say it takes 21 days to make a habit- so make this your first day.
I got this heavy from not taking a moment for myself. Above all, it has to be for you... you need the break.. my sanity suffered. I was raped and kept my son because I didnt feel that there were any real choices that I could make and still feel as if I was doing the right thing. He's all over the place, loves to exercise, hates candy and CHOCOLATE- oi can't be MY child LOL But, I honestly found that what I was/am missing is something for me. I work because I have to, but what is it that keeps my soul together and uplifted? I do everything for everyone else.
Call your doctor and get your throat checked, the anxiety attacks can stim from pure anxiety or from major stress that you aren't allowing yourself to feel. Best Wishes!!!
Rach
designerella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:25 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/209/135

Height: 5'7

You can do it especially knowing that your child will be looking to you for healthy habits...if you don't have them, than neither will your child. It would be sad for your daughter to experience the pain and insecurities that come from not having healthy habits. Lead by example. Be a good mother and take care of yourself first and foremost. You will only improve your life by cutting out the crap foods, now, not tomorrow, not next month, but now...your next meal, and you'll give your family better lives, too.

Try all the tricks of the trade...fuller on water, nutritionally dense food, cut out sugar, etc...you probably know what they are already. YOU CAN DO THIS! Good luck!
blue apples is offline   Reply With Quote