Old 06-15-2007, 12:41 AM   #1  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Size-Friendly Doctors

Forgive me if this is already posted somewhere, but I thought this would be useful for those of us who aren't happy with our doctors. It's a list of 'fat-friendly' doctors, mainly US but some international:

http://www.cat-and-dragon.com/stef/Fat/ffp.html

I went there to add my ob/gyn and was pleased to see she was already listed. I haven't had any issues with my current PCP, although I definitely could have used this list in the past! I hope it's helpful.
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 08:09 AM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

That is a super list! When I have a bit more time I am going to add my doctor's information, as she is wonderful! So supportive of me when I am losing weight but never giving me a hard time because of my weight.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:16 PM   #3  
The Story Re-Written

S/C/G: 384/227/180-235

Height: 6ft 4in

I so wish there were docs on this list closer to me. I have found that not only has my doctor ignored my weight over the years (his physician's assistants have been the ones to be supportive and friendly about it), but when I brought up the whole thing about considering WLS, the first words out of his mouth were how many patients he has had die due to it as well as the number that he had that were currently in ICU with complications. Two things that I wanted to hear when I ask about something like that.
TheStorySoFar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:47 PM   #4  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

TheStorySoFar, I have a fabulous Doctor in San Diego who is very supportive and not at all judgmental! PM me if you are interested!
SoulBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:40 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

It is always nice to see a doctor who doesn't appear to judge you by your size when you walk through the door.

I used to go to a doctor and regardless of why you were there the first thing she would do is get you on the scales and then take your blood pressure. Mind you I only ever used to see a doctor about once every three years....yep for the dreaded pap smear, always went over time. lol

I now have a wonderful doctor who talks to you like you are a human, and we are. I have become so used to doctors blaming EVERYTHING on being overweight so I have said things like, "I know my weight doesn't help" or "I know that being fat can cause.....", but this doctor will say "we are not here about your weight we are looking at this problem". She is great.

Her only fault is she only works two mornings a week and is so good she is always booked weeks ahead.

Jennylee
Jennylee is offline   Reply With Quote