3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   300+ Club (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club-124/)
-   -   Old Hens 40+ And Ready to Lose #118 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/300-club/113666-old-hens-40-ready-lose-118-a.html)

Terri in MO 05-28-2007 07:22 AM

Old Hens 40+ And Ready to Lose #118

This thread is a sub-set of the 300+ thread.

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of having a significant amount of weight to lose and being fit which becomes harder after age 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.

We start new threads on a Monday.

Terri in MO 05-28-2007 07:28 AM

Hi ladies,

Thank you all for the kind words about Bear. It has been a rough weekend. It helps that we had a quiet weekend planned. If I stay busy, then it helps because it gets hardest when I sit down and get quiet. Because I can still feel him here and know exactly the times he would have been at my feet or laying his head in my lap. The other dogs help but there is still a big void that he left.

The new kitchen floor is awesome. We are going to have to do that to other areas of the house. As we can save up for the next projects. I've been in both bathrooms removing the towel racks and everything they had put in as bathroom fixtures. Hate it. I'm preparing for our painter guy to call and say he's coming down to paint. He was supposed to be here in May. :mad: But at the price he's charging, I can't be too mad because he is exceptionally good.

Other than a few projects around, I haven't been doing much. No real exercise. And food hasn't been great because I will admit, that I'm falling back on comfort food and doing it knowingly.

As soon as I get can DH out of bed, we're driving down to the cemetery where Dad is buried and put flowers out. I've not been able to face his grave the last four years very well so its time.

I best get going. My battery is about to die and the dogs want back in right NOW. :wave: to all.

Heather 05-28-2007 09:37 AM

Terri --

I understand the void. One dog does not just replace another in your life and in your heart. You need to mourn for Bear.

I also understand about turning to comfort food and knowing you're doing it... I have been doing the same lately.

If you can, take some time for you! I try to think about exercise as something I do for me (though sometimes I REALLY have to convince myself it's what I want).

I have to work and grade today. But I took the whole weekend off from work and it was GLORIOUS. I'll be done with the grading in less than 2 weeks. I can't wait.

I will also get to the gym today. I WILL. I didn't go all weekend!

NoLifeWithoutHorses 05-28-2007 11:28 AM

Hello all. May has been a killer, time and diet-wise, but here I am.

TERRI, I've been gone so long. The first thing I read was you're loss of Bear, and I can't help but cry. I'm so sorry for the void he's left, but I'm glad for the happiness you gave eachother, and I'd like to think of him perhaps playing with my old Peter, on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. I'm just so very sorry.

My friends, old and new, I'm glad to be back. May has been a really tough and busy month. There's been an endless bombardment of birthdays, weddings and other cake filled events. The carb demon has driven me crazy, but not to dispare. Saturday was the final event: The Wedding from ****. DSD wore a lovely gown... um, I'm s'posed to say nice stuff, right? Um... It's over now!
:carrot: :spin: :cp: :dancer: :tired: :woohoo: :cheer2: :dancer: :cp:

Anyway, with all that temptation behind me (some, of course, STUCK to my behind) I am moooooo:moo: ving on! Yesterday was my first day back on track, and I'm back at it.

I hope you're all doing well. I'll have to catch up with your adventures later, but I didn't want another day to go by without checking in.
:grouphug:
C-Ya Later!

Heather 05-28-2007 11:33 AM

Valerie --

I also had an awful May. TOO MUCH BLASTED WORK! I gained a few pounds and hopefully learned a few lessons about how NOT to have that happen again.

Good to see you post, my friend.

Now, can we MOOOOOOOVE your butt to the exercise thread for JUNE???? :)

ubercontralto 05-28-2007 01:13 PM

Hi Guys!!!

Happy Memorial Day!

I am so greatful for this past weekend. I cannot imagine what you are going through with the loss of Bear. You will indeed love again but wylynne is right - you need to greive. and you will. and celebrate.

Well Ladies - do we have a weekly weigh in???

A day where we post succeses, plateaus whatever???

Just a thought.

I did really well this week went from 292.5 to 285.5 - its been a long time comming that I could stick to a plan for a week!~!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love fit day!

it really really helps keep track and is fun too.

I am greatful for this thread and for you guys.

Thank you!

Susan

Bearcub 05-28-2007 05:14 PM

Terri It has not been a good week for our pets. My baby Pawl who had been frail for some time had to be put to sleep on Friday. His back legs and paws were filled with fluid and the vet said he had congestive heart failure. When he lost bladder control on Friday I knew it was time. I held him so he wouldn't be afraid and it was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. :( I've been an emotional mess all weekend too. I had Pawl for 20 years and it was not nearly long enough. He was the best cat I've ever had. I'm going to take his ashes back to camp with me and scatter them in the woods behind my cabin where he liked to play. So I share your grief - I know and so many of us do, what it means when we lose a well beloved pet. The grief we feel now is the price we pay for the years of joy and love we've been privileged to share with them. I still have Pawl's sister Clawdia who seems to be in much better health and I hope she will be with me through the summer. . Keep your fingers crossed. Maybe Bear and Pawl met over the Rainbow Bridge as an Indian friend of mine would say. On a positive note, the latest issue of Consumer Reports rates all the top diet plans and Volumetrics got their top pick. It's an article worth reading. The next time I write it will be from camp. I hope you all have a good week - Terri - I'll be thinking of you and Bear this week as I think of my Pawl and hold my other kitties a little closer.
Take care all.
Bearcub

Heather 05-28-2007 06:45 PM

Bearcub -- :hug: to you on your loss. You spoke so well of the joy our pets bring, but it doesn't make it any easier, does it??

Heather 05-28-2007 06:46 PM

The Exercise Thread Needs You!

Hello everyone!

It's nearly June and I went ahead and got the June exercise thread set up. For those of you who don't know, we have a FANTABULOUS exercise thread here at 300+. The way it works is that you set a goal of how many minutes of exercise you want to do a month -- a few or a lot, whatever you are up for.

Then we track our own exercise, but what I really like is that we track it as a group, too!

We have a goal of 200,000 minutes for the year. And we really need everyone to help. We're falling a bit behind in our goals!

So, EVERYONE is welcome, at whatever level you like! You may find it easier to join us in the new month, but please consider it if you can!!

Terri in MO 05-28-2007 07:00 PM

Thank you Bearcub for your condolences and wonderful words. I am very sorry to hear about Pawl. Indeed, the sorrow is great but I wouldn't have not had the joy, and the days of wanting to beat Bear, for anything.

Valerie - Great to see you again. Thank you also. I do believe in the Rainbow Bridge and just knowing that he'll be there spinning in circles when we meet again, makes me feel good inside. How's Gabe? Are you getting to ride your big boy much? My biggest is at the trainer now for his 30 days of training. We're anxious to see him being ridden. I'm anxious to go up and ride him before he comes home. Phoenix is growing like a weed now that he's three years old. Filling out quite nicely.

Heather - Thanks for the reminder about exercise and getting back into the habit with June. I intend to start tomorrow.

Oh, and was I complaining about the painter not showing up earlier today? Well, while we were gone to the cemetery, he called and wants to start tomorrow. :fr: I suggested that with the weekend we've had, Wednesday is better. This is a neighbor guy who lived next to us in the city and he loved Bear so I know he is understanding.

luja 05-28-2007 11:07 PM

Terri and Bearcub - I am sorry about the loss of your pets. It's always hard even when you know it is the best for them - they leave a big hole when they are gone.

It's been a crazy week - 2 weeks? I haven't had much time to check in although I did read through the threads now and again. It's been a nice mixture of work and play, but I haven't been very good about making time to take care of me, so exercise and eating isn't what it should have been. I've been out in the garden alot, so at least I've gotten some physical activity in. This weekend was my husband's 50th birthday, so it was a lot of eating out with various people and cake and junk. Nothing is going on now until July, so I can get back on track and make my July goal. I haven't been on the scale to see how much damage I've done. I have a lot of water retention from the restaurant food, so I am going to let that pass and then see what the scale says.

The radishes are ripe in abundance and I have been searching like crazy for radish recipes. I don't know WHY I plant them. No one really eats them in my house - they are quick gratification though. I did find an interesting salad made with sesame oil, chives and shredded radishes and a soup made with Radish tops. So, that's dinner tomorrow night. We'll see how that goes over with the family :D

We've also started on scraping and sanding in preparation for painting our house. It's a two and half story Victorian that hasn't been painted in - 50 years maybe? It had some nasty shingle siding that we took off. It has all of the curly decorative pieces that need to be scraped with this little pick thing. I can tolerate about 5 minutes and then I am BORED to tears. SO we've made a deal - my husband will concentrate on the house scraping and I'll do everything else. Believe me it is worth it to me not to have to do that. I don't mind the painting part, but the prep work - ugh.

I hope you are all well and had a lovely weekend.

Terri in MO 05-29-2007 08:58 AM

Hi ladies,

Just a quick post this morning. I'm running late because I've been paying bills and preparing for the painters.

I'm determined to start off on a postitive note this week. I did 25 mintues on the stationary bike. I'm going to get back to the WW online journal and stick with the plan. DH is making fish.

Again - thanks so much for all the kind words. You all are the best supporters.

Luja - You are a brave woman for tackling the house painting thing. I'd be whining up a storm. I have no tolerance for that once I let my old neighbor paint for me. Have fun! :lol:

Okay, must get going. At least this is a short week.

Lilion 05-29-2007 09:18 AM

Good Morning Ladies!

Another quick good morning, as I'm running late. I had a very FATTENING (and WET!:rain: )weekend camping. My immediate plan is to not weigh at all for TWO weeks. Then we'll see what real damage has been done. :dunno:

Terri and Bearcub - I'm so very sorry for the loss of your beloved pets. I never had a pet for as many years as you have, but losing one you've grown attached to even for a short period is so hard! :hug: I know you both have good memories you can hang on to until you see them running across the bridge to meet you!

Valerie, glad the Wedding from **** is over and that stressor is gone!

Everyone else :wave:

Must run. Love to all!

ubercontralto 05-29-2007 09:52 AM

Good Morning everyone! Happy Tuesday!

Terri - great job with a new start - I hear tell every morning is a new begining!

I am going to keep on plugging - this is day 9 and I'm still pluggin with the plan man!

Have a great day!

Susan

cantforgetthis 05-29-2007 02:24 PM

Morning Chickies!

Finally out for summer and have a whole 6 weeks to myself (and work of course LOL)

Terri and Bearcub, sorry to hear about your loss.

Susan, glad to see you're doing so well!

Valerie, nice to see you popping in too, I haven't been around much lately either, but hopefully with more time now I can.

Hi to everyone I missed!