Old 06-28-2007, 10:52 AM   #1  
I'm a LOSER, baby!

Default Skin Question

Ok... I have well over 100 lbs to lose, and I know there are many here who have lost as much. My question is - has your skin bounced back with the big loss? You always see pictures of people, who have lost massive amounts of weight, with saggy skin. I am wondering if that is because they lost it quickly or if I have surgery to remove excess skin in my future. Will losing at a slower pace help my skin shrink with my shrinking body?
hidingtazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hiya,

I think everybody is different, just as some women don't get stretch marks in pregnancy, others do. Some people can lose weight and not have the saggy skin, others can't. I unfortunately am in the latter category. I've lost 107 lbs and the skin's looking pretty flabby. I'll more than likely have the tummy tuck and thigh lift surgery done when I get to my goal, but even if I don't, I feel so much better, and LOOK so much better at least fully clothed so I can't complain.

Don't let the thought of saggy skin put you off losing your weight, just go for it and enjoy feeling so much better no matter what you skin does.

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

This question is discussed frequently, especially on the body issues forum. You can find that forum here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=219

there are lots of threads on this topic, and see the sticky at the top of the page.

Like Ammi, I've lost over 100 pounds and definitely have lose skin... but I'm so much better off than before! I agree with everything she said!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 12:32 PM   #4  

I've lost over 100 lbs and have 100 more to lose. By the end, I know there will be lots of saggy skin. The age you lose the weight makes a difference. The older you are, the less elasticity your skin has. All in all, it's very individual.

The issue I have right now is keeping my belly button and my one fold clean and dry, especially in the summer. My belly button can get itchy and I know I'm starting a yeast infection. One great NSV about losing 100 lbs is that my thighs get air now when I walk!! hahaha.. silly, but true. I don't get rashes there in the inner thigh anymore.

Luv,
Ratkity
Ratkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:13 PM   #5  
Going around again

S/C/G: 289/249/140

Height: 5'5"

RatKitten ..... one thing I have found about being overweight and having the "folds" is that anti perspirant is AWESOME. I don't just put it on my underarms. I use the spray stuff and I spray it under my belly, so it doesn't get sweaty. Ok ..... I cannot believe I am talking about this in public LOL. But it works, it's great. No need to even clean up during the day, it lasts even in hot weather
MoragMunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:56 PM   #6  
I'm a LOSER, baby!

that's a really good idea. I hate putting powder on because the stuff gets everywhere!
hidingtazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:16 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 362/345/225

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoragMunch View Post
RatKitten ..... one thing I have found about being overweight and having the "folds" is that anti perspirant is AWESOME. I don't just put it on my underarms. I use the spray stuff and I spray it under my belly, so it doesn't get sweaty. Ok ..... I cannot believe I am talking about this in public LOL. But it works, it's great. No need to even clean up during the day, it lasts even in hot weather
That really works? Wow thanks. I am so grateful for the suggestion. I will have to try it. You rock!!!

Robyn
jewell0607 is offline   Reply With Quote