Old 04-08-2007, 01:11 AM   #1  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Smile What I did for me Today....

So I've been sick for the last few days and I have a weighin in at the end of the week. I've been nervous that I haven't been working out. I decided I could live with not working out because I needed to get better.

So this thread is about what you did today. It can be a baby step. "I didn't eat something that I was tempted by." or I exercised when I didn't really want to" or I stayed on plan. Or I was sick and had the common sense to take a break. It can even be I did something strictly for me today. I've seen something like this in the other forums and thought we could use one here in the 300+ forum.

Oh yeah I refused to feel bad when my girlfriend said she was horrified about being over 300lbs. Which I have been for a long while. Mostly because I know I am working my way down at my own pace.

Sniff Sniff hack hack

-Obie
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 04:14 PM   #2  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Ok - I loved the idea of this thread and I think it is sad that I couldn't think of anything before. But yesterday I made sure to get myself to bed early enough so that I got enough sleep to get up this morning and do a half hour of exercise before work. It felt really good!
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Today I got back on track after two weeks of being off the diet wagon. So that along with going to the gym and working out for 90 minutes, plus saying no to chocolate biscuits tonight are all the things I did for me today

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:15 PM   #4  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

I exercised for 30 mins on the Cross Trainer/Elliptical, even though initially I REALLY didn't feel like doing anything. I told myself that I would feel better after and I only had to do 10 mins if that was all I felt like. Well, after 10 I decided I could probably do 20 and at the end of 20 I figured that 30 would be OK. So, all in all I think that was something pretty good to do for me. And I was right... I DO feel better after doing it.

Zelma
ZedAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 01:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 501/412/150

This is sooooo cool!
Today I made myself get dressed and go see my Chiropractor even though I didn't feel like it. Thanks for thinking of such a cool idea for a thread! Love in Christ, Gwyn
Gwynditmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 310/289/170

Height: 5'9"

OOOOO Obie, I love this thread!

Well, yesterday I told my oldest daughter that if she couldn't find her way to making some good decisions about her and her son's life, then she could not count on me to watch him everyday for school. I have a really hard time telling people no. Anyone and everyone! So I felt really good about that and it was totally for myself.
DJCJRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:07 PM   #7  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Talking

Ok, I thought I was high on tylenol flu and no one would get it.

Had salad and pasta for lunch. Pasta wasn't all that great so I throw out the rest. Finished the salad. I know it isn't a big deal, but I wasn't hungry and trying to only eat till I am satisfied. Also I got a small salad and it was enough.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Today is day two of me being back on track. I was so tempted to go to Starbucks this afternoon before going to the dentist, I wanted a skinny coffee, but I just knew if we went there I would be so tempted to eat some of the delightful treats they sell like the gorgeous chocolate cake. SO, we didn't go to Starbucks, we went straight to the dentist. I want to lose at least 30 lbs before the summer and today's decision helps me towards that goal

Take care all and bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi :chicken
:
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:49 PM   #9  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

I had an Asian pear with my lunch today. Ok - I had one yesterday too, but OMG do I love these. I love giving myself good, healthy food that I really enjoy eating.
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:46 PM   #10  

Well this isn't going to sound too good but the thing I am trying to do for me today is stay off my feet.

I have a sore ankle that is REALLY bad after standing on it all day the days I work. I have just had xrays and ultrasounds and it turns out I have an old fracture that has healed itself and also have torn the ligment at least 4-5 times. Yesterday I stood up and screeched in pain and the pain was so bad I wanted to vomit there and then.

So for that reason I am doing something for myself today and going to sit and do paperwork and anything that doesn't involve being on my foot. I know it isn't good since I won't have exercise but the pain I am in I need to heal it first.

Jennylee
Jennylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 07:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 465/442/150

Height: 5ft 5in

Today I had alot of work for school, and studying to do. I only ate 2 sugar free popsicles while I was studying, and avoided the chips my daughter bought home with her yesterday.
Rita351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 04:15 AM   #12  
Learning to love myself.

Today I told myself I could have a 'rest' day from exercise. I decided I wanted to wander around the local mall, and seeing as hubby had taken the car to work, I decided to walk to the mall. It is probably just under 2 miles away from home, and I didn't walk THAT fast, but after a 35 minute walk there and another 35 minute walk back, I had to have a little chuckle at myself and my 'rest' day. Still, it was a beautiful day to be walking and I didn't have to get up first thing and workout on any of my equipment, so I suppose that was still a good thing.

Zelma
ZedAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:54 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 501/412/150

Default Zelma YOU GO GIRL!

Oh Zelma, Zelma, Zelma! I clicked on your link to your website and I am so very, very impressed and INSPIRED!!!! Thank you so much! You have been like gasoline poured onto a fire to me! Your pictures and words have brought me joy! YOU GO GIRL!
Love in Christ, your friend, Gwyn
Gwynditmars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:39 PM   #14  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

Way to go Ammi. Day one of being back on track is a serious hump...and you're over it! Hope you feel better each day.
MetaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:54 PM   #15  
Trying Intuitive Eating

S/C/G: 430/ticker/138

Height: 5'5.5

I did something for me yesterday, that I totally shouldn't have. But I did! I looooove walking, and hope to be doing it again more and more as I lose(general joint/skeletal problems due to weight still nagging even with loss). So I went out and bought a Sirius Stiletto 100 I totally couldn't really afford. But it's so cool! I was already a Sirius subscriber, so this is a second portable unit I can use walking etc. It also functions as an MP3 player and will stream Internet radio on my home network so I can use it inside the house too.

MetaChick loooooooves gadgets. And music. Gadgets and music together? Oh yeah. I used it last night delivering my son's newspapers and it was great.

Shhhhh. Don't tell my IPod.
MetaChick is offline   Reply With Quote