Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 05:21 PM   #121  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Annie-When kids look at me or point like on the bus or something, I stare at them without blinking. It unnerves them. They are too afraid of the crazy lady to notice how fat I am. I’ve also on occasion been know to say in a rather loud voice, “wow, I guess their parents never taught them any manners, what a shame, someone should report them to child welfare.”

I’m off to do my sit-ups which are starting to unnerve my husband a bit. I’ve gotten up to doing 600 in the morning, and 600 before bed, and he says I’m doing them like some kind of machine. The best part is that the flutter kicks have completely made my Plantar Fasciitis calm down. It is such a relief to be able to walk without pain. We went thrift store and pawn shop and flea marketing today. I actually lasted longer than himself.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:30 PM   #122  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Hello Ladies~ I've really been naughty lately. I'm having a hard time even caring about being naughty. I need to get on the gazelle and ponder over things. That sometimes helps. But, I've missed being on line the past couple days, so wanted to say Hi and do a few personals....ok, as many personals as I can.

Sharon~Nomer is actually my daughter's family nickname. Her real name is Naomi. But when she was about 11 my dh came up with Nomer one day and it's stuck. I don't think Abby even remembers her sister's real name. .... Just kidding.... she does, I just asked her, but she actually wasn't sure at first. And don't worry, Ammi knows you're a very dear friend. I've really been out of the loop the past few days, please send her hugs for me.
6 pounds, 14 in two weeks, girl, that's awesome!

Karen~My Nomer left for Oklahoma City this morning. Her friend is doing well and her dad came into town from California to help her. (he's my age so he'll be a big help) There is a problem with the baby though, (his name is Keanan Wyatt) Keanan had a seizure of some kind yesterday. His whole little body was twitching. They did a "Lumbar test??" and found blood where there wasn't suppose to be any. They were doing a brain scan and other stuff to check that. I don't know if his mom has gotten the results yet, but we haven't heard yet. Makes me really tense to think there might be something seriously wrong with him. I sure hope we hear soon. ...I'm so glad your dh isn't losing his job. It's so terribly stressful! My ds, who's getting married in the fall, is afraid his company is closing down. He a construction, carpenter actually. Hopefully, he'll know soon. It could be just a rumor, but I don't think so this time.

Lisa~6.2 pounds is wonderful! Congrats! As for the mini-egg roll, yeah, it wasn't on your program, but it's in the past and none of us can do anything about the past except to push ahead and make progress from here. (y'all have Jack in the Box!!!! It was my super fav when I lived in Hawaii)

Brenda~Sorry Sweetie, that the scales was naughty to you. BUT your victory this week was being an angel and exercising. It's hard for me, but if I keep saying it, I'll be ok too, we can't be married to the scale. There are other ways to measure success and it sounds to me like you were very successful in your plan to be healthy!

Donna~Can't remember if I welcomed you, so
My feet hurt on the gazelle too, so I try to move there from time to time, Sometimes I think about getting some memory foam to glue to the foot thingies. Ammi says they hurt less as we lose.

Kymberly~Hi Honey!!

Anne~I hope things settle down for you very, very soon. Like yesterday already.

Mechelle~I hope you get your get away trip. Once Andy and I stayed at a local hotel for one night. It was great. Well, as great as it could have been as he worked 3rd shift the night before and had to sleep a good part of the day. Enjoy your little excursion!

Annie~What a dreadful child! BUT, you are a dear friend, a good woman. It's the loss of that snotty girl and her no back bone papa for not seeing you for the wonderful person you are. I am so sorry you had to go through that. I'm afraid if it happened to me that I'd run my mouth. Which is what would happen indeed with the way I am and have been feeling. Big, big to you. ...And, down 7.6 pounds, O M G, that's just too cool! Great job!!!

Catherine~I love your response to rude children! Just love it!

I'm gonna go put in Josh Groban in the cd player and get on the gazelle. I'll at least log on later and see what's going on.

Hugs!
Old 03-17-2007, 06:37 PM   #123  

Annie i hate it when people do that i dont care how young the kids are. i got to where i give people dirty looks. for some reason they think we cant hear. i have actually heard a grocery store stock boy oink at me. but i had the last laugh cuz i think he had done enuff to other people that he got fired for it. i just try to tune them out or ignore them for they and the parents are ignorant idiots!
Old 03-17-2007, 06:43 PM   #124  

annie great on the lost pounds you are doing so fantastic!
Old 03-17-2007, 07:54 PM   #125  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

hey guys
off to use my foodsaver on a big "discount" meat purchase. I walked in the store to get a turkey and they were marking a bunch of meat down because of the weekend (our stores are closed here on sundays). SO that is what lies ahead for the evening...

Just something I want to report... hubby and I walked 7km today. Pretty exciting but my butt muscles are sore and also my legs. Will try and do it again tomorrow..

Night all
Brenda
Old 03-17-2007, 11:00 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your support as always. Catherine, I just adore you. You are so funny. I used to be able to take people on when it came to my weight without even feeling badly about what they said. I don't know what happened to me to change me into a baby. lol. People who stare like you are talking about do un nerve a guy. lol. I love it.

Brenda: I'm sure things will come together in the weight loss department. Just don't give up. Grumble and complain but, don't give up. Hugs.

Donna: hope your daughter's hand is not hurting so much.

Sandy: Good to see you and glad you are enjoying your time with DD.

Patti: Hi. How are you feeling now with your leg? Hopefully better.

Well, I am doing well. I rode my exercise bike today for 56 minutes which for me at 15.6 miles per hour was 13.5 miles. I have about 13 more miles to go before I officially win the race. Lol. I can smell the $20 now.

I had a couple of emails with Ammi today she is really having a tough time because it is mother's day where she lives tomorrow. I have told her that everyone here is missing her and loves her bunches. Just wanted to let you guys know how she is doing. She is having a bit of depression as she shared she slept most of the day a couple of days this past week. Please keep holding her up in prayer.

Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 03-18-2007, 02:16 AM   #127  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Well girls – things around here have been rough and I have just not felt up to posting.

Amanda is still awaiting surgery, which is putting a really bad hurt onto our bills and rent.

Work for me is getting stressful and trying to stay and keep my mind focused in school makes it even worse!

I am glad to see that so many of you have had losses! I wish that I could just have one loss of even 1 pound. I am going to start back right now and make things right. I’ve stuck pretty well with my exercise minutes for this month. My goal was 200 and I’m now up to 115. I'm going to start back countin calories. Off to there to ask some questions and get my butt back going!!

I don’t really know what else to say right now. I know that I’ve missed you girls like crazy, but I guess I’ve kinda fallen into a semi- depression.

I’ll try to get on more and talk to you girls!

Ammi – I am still thinking of you girl!! If you need anything, you know how to reach me!

Sandy – where’s my email girl?!

With Lots of Love to you All!!

Erika
Old 03-18-2007, 01:06 PM   #128  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Jill – Awhile ago you mentioned apartment prices. Yeah – that is about what I am facing. I really want to live alone, but I don’t want to spend my whole paycheck on rent. I would actually like to be able to start saving some money so that at some point I can consider buying something. So, I am now considering a roommate(s), but not sure yet.

Lisa – 6.2 pounds is pretty amazing – you have nothing to be disappointed about! Handing you menus now doesn’t seem like the best time – I would think they would wait until later on to start to work on stuff like that. Commercials are rough, but luckily most of my trigger foods aren’t things that are advertised. Have you ever considered getting Tivo so that you can skip them?

Lavendel – Good to see you back. Maintaining is an accomplishment in itself. I hope your life has settled down a bit. As I remember things were really crazy for you before.

Annie – Congrats on the 7.6 pounds down! That is awesome! Sometimes it takes time for what we are doing to catch up with the scale. What are you going to do with your $20? You are definitely going to win that race! Also, thanks for the update on Ammi. I know that holidays are often the hardest. For me it is my mom’s birthday – I always have a good cry on that day.

Kymberly – I totally believe we all need mental health days every once and awhile.

Donna – I am glad your daughter’s finger is ok. That must have really hurt!

Heather – Size 10’s is amazing! You must have such a lot to choose from now. Does it make it harder in some ways or are you just enjoying it?

Erika – I am sorry things are so rough. That is great that you are doing so well on your exercise goal. When is Amanda’s surgery? The waiting must be so stressful on both of you. Are either of your families helping out?

I know I missed tons of people. I have been fighting my hermit tendencies again with this snowy weather we got on Friday. I really need to get out today and buy my new glasses. I also need a few things at the grocery store.

My ex can’t handle the idea of moving too soon (it is freaking him out, especially since he has grand jury summons for the end of the month). So, we have set our official move date as June 1. That means I need to hold off on looking too hard, because mostly anything I find now will be for a too soon move in date. That means I can relax on that front and try to focus on me! I need to get moving on weight loss and relearn certain things in my new situation. I definitely think I used my ex’s opposition to what I was doing as a kind of impetus. With that gone, I am now running on my own steam. When I am feeling lost, I tend to eat for grounding. The thing is, I know that it really doesn’t help. I am ordering some new weight loss books and I am going to reread some old stuff and try and reconnect with my driving motivations.
Old 03-18-2007, 01:09 PM   #129  
EmilyMay is on her way!

S/C/G: 314/294/168

Height: 5'7"

Annie - well done on your weight loss that is fantastic! Well done you, you definitely deserve it. It is mothers day here and I do feel for all those who have lost theirs, it must be so so hard. I am so lucky to have mine and we had a lovely day today, my kids really spoilt me and I am feeling so loved. I am also feeling a bit better in myself last week was a really hard week for me.

This week I have 3 more 12 hour shifts on a very busy ward, so wish me lucj with that, my dh does give me a foot rub after each one, bless his heart!

NSV- jeans getting so loose I can get them down without undoing them! Also I am loving exercise and I miss it now if I can;t do it, and I reckon that is a super cool sign that my lifestyle is changing...

Just got to get these shifts done which are Mon, Weds and Sat and then I have 2 WEEKS holiday!! Omygoodness me, how great is that., I handed in my other big essay yesterday too so these 2 weeks off I can just enjoy, I plan to exercise lots and spend loads of good time with the kids, museums, library, shopping etc

Em xx
Old 03-18-2007, 01:16 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Nancy -- I wish you luck on finding the right place at the right time. I know what you mean about wanting to live alone. I did when I was single and in grad school. Grad students don't earn much so it was hard to save!

The downsides of being in 12s and a few 10s is just how long it takes to shop!! (please, no one pity me). I also don't really know what looks good on me, so I try a bunch of stuff. But really, the hardest part is not knowing how long I'll be at a size. Last year I could really hope I wouldn't be at any size long. But this year... I don't know. I really could be the same size a year from now, or I could be smaller (I will NOT be bigger!), so I don't want to invest yet. I hit the Talbot's outlet sale hard, and just try not to pay much for anything!
Old 03-18-2007, 03:01 PM   #131  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

hi all! back from 50 hours in 3 days working on a reality show.. lol i love my job. seriously.

yes i worked on who wants to be a superhero. it was awesome. i even got to talk to stan lee. no autographs tho. i know. everyone wanted one. even my friends here. it was funny. it was just a mad 3 days. a lot of driving. a lot of running. and not a lot of eating. i managed to not eat anything out of craft service *Craft service is the junk food table that gets set up in a studio for the crew to snack on* i didnt even have one piece of candy. i guess i was saving my calories to go and drink with the boy last night for st pats. we went to this little dive bar and drank irish car bombs, and shots of jameson and some irish beer called smithwicks but pronounced smithicks.

i think the greatest part of the last few days tho is that the lot that we shot on was the same one that they shoot Heroes on. which is my favorite show right now. i saw Mohinder, and the guy that plays the cop and Mr Bennett on friday. i guess i missed the big group of everyone on saturday tho because one of the guys i was working with came running up to me and was like OMG! i just saw the WHOLE CAST!! i was jealous. definately... lol

unfortunately tho, becauseof a 16 hour work day yesterday i didnt get to weigh in. i was going to today, but i drank a lot then ate a really huge meal at 2 am because i hadnt eaten since 1pm and i was STARVING and drunk. not a good combo.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:33 PM   #132  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

Hi ladies. I just wanted to pop in & give an update. I'm doing okay, though I am still gaining weight. I think I need a different thyroid medication. It's very disheartening, because I have done so much better in the last 3 weeks, but yet I've still gained about 12ish pounds. It's nuts.

DH and I completely cut out fast food and all the various snacks/candies he'd bring home from work. We realized we were spending a ridiculous amount of money on food that was slowly killing us. So I am happy to say that I have not had any fast food in nearly a month, when before I was eating fast food pretty much daily, and sometimes 2-3 times a day. I am also working on cutting down on the soda. Some days are better than others, but I've cut down to about a quarter of what I was drinking before. And yet.. I still gain weight. Go figure.

My condolences to Ammi - I'm sorry you're having such a hard time right now. My prayers are with you and your family.

Hello to all the newcomers! It's nice to expand our 'family'!

Congrats to all the losers. I envy you!!

For those of you who are going through a difficult time, my prayers are also with you all.

I'm sorry I haven't done personals in forever. Sometimes I feel like I'm a fraud by posting on a weight loss support forum because I'm neither losing weight, nor am I being very supportive. I lurk and I post here and there in various areas, but I can't say that I have a whole lot of knowledge or support to impart with right now. It's a struggle just to get through the day sometimes.

Please know I do check in on you guys daily, and I truly do wish each of you the best. I may not have a lot of advice or words of comfort to give, but you're all in my thoughts.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:51 PM   #133  
aka Karen

S/C/G: 299/293.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Good evening everyone! I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was o.k. Starting to rise slowly from the "funk"! I'm planning on having a "normal" and healthy week with no surprises!!!

Wyllen, sounds like a really super shopping trip. How exciting it must be to fit in those 10's and 12's! I am just thrilled for you!!

Annie, What a fabulous loss! You must walking around on cloud 9!! All of your hard work is paying off! I knew it would! Keep up the good work!

Princess, your job sounds totally awesome! It's great to know that there are people out there who actually like their profession!

Emilymay, have a wonderful holiday. It sounds like you have wonderful plans for your family! HAVE FUN!

Sandy, nice to see you post again. I missed reading them. Sorry to see your DD go. How are you handling it? I'm sure you miss her and the pooch. I pray everything goes well with the new baby, Keanan. Please keep us posted. Hopefully your DS will be able to find something else before his company closes. He is probably a very skilled worker who's talents could be put to use just about anywhere? It's just the tremendous stress that goes with that whole thing of job security and all. I wish him well, especially with an impending wedding, oy. You have your hands full my dear. Try to be kind to yourself and know that we are all here for you.

Hippievanlady, 600 sit-ups!!! THAT IS AMAZING!!! You rock!!

Donna, we had the same ice storm. I didn't think it would ever stop! I actually couldn't get my front door open! I had to open the storm door window and pick at the ice from the inside of the house! YUK!!! Are we ready for Spring or what!!!

I'm sending everyone for a healthy week!
Old 03-18-2007, 08:14 PM   #134  
sandybar

S/C/G: 350/289/150

Height: 5' 1"

Hi Everyone~Man, I have been busy and so preoccupied, it's ridiclous.
I wanted to encourage everyone to do their best. ....after I was totally naughty last night. Today I'm back on track. For dinner I had brown rice and a chicken dish with onion, celery and cabbage. I used Mrs Dash seasonings. DH thought it was too dry. It was indeed actually. BUT, I used chicken breast instead of cut up whole chicken, and I didn't cook the chicken as long as the recipe said and it still got too done. I made whole wheat bread from scratch. It's almost done.
No more news at the moment about Keanan, except he had another seizure last night. They can't figure out what the deal is. They said it may be cuz he came out too fast and it could have hurt his head/brain. I'd never heard of it and I've had five children. But I'm not the dr. Hopefully, we'll hear something soon. I go back to the dr tomorrow. Hopefully, I can go back to work this week.
Erika~Sorry I haven't been checking my email lately. Good job on your minutes.
Til tomorrow my friends.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:29 PM   #135  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hello Ladies!

I'm lying here on my bed, very sore after spending the afternoon playing tennis after walking 1 mile around the park. I haven't played tennis since I was about 12 years old! So needless to say, I wasn't that good, but I had a lot of fun and it felt good to spend the afternoon outdoors and doing something rather than just sitting in the house. It's been two weeks today since hubby or I have eaten anything unhealthy. In fact, he's already dropped a pant size - lucky him!

Annie, I'm glad to hear you didn't let that child's rudeness drive you to emotionally eat. That's just the kind of incident that would have driven me over the edge! It's amazing how thoughtless people can be to those who are overweight. And congratulations on the loss! That's awesome!

wyllenn, no pity here! Congrats on fitting into a size 10 - I can just imagine how good that feels!

hippievanlady, 1200 situps a day?! That's amazing - to you, too! I don't even know if I could do one situp, hah.

Brenda - 7km, that's awesome!

Erika, it sounds like you have a lot going on right now. Good for you for staying on plan and keeping your exercise goals!

brandnewme, I can imagine the frustration you're having right now, especially as it sounds like you're doing all the right things! Are you going to have your doctor check your meds? Kudos to you for sticking with it in the face of that obstacle!

I hope everyone has a great week!
Closed Thread