Old 12-14-2006, 05:27 AM   #1  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Default 30 Something's Thread:Thurs December 14

Good Morning all..
Well..after almost a week, my cousins body has been released and will be buried on Friday...My uncle got word yesterday, he will be loosing his job so for his 60th Birthday on Friday, he looses his job and buries his only son. What a mess this week has been..The wake is tonight--I have no babysitter cuz DH must referee hockey and I would never leave her with MIL whose broom will be landing around 4 today..#2 is sick with ear infection again--she starts acting bizaar and after 2 days of not talking, arranging pine straw on the sidewalk, walking like a zombie etc--I brought her to the Pedi--I had to lie on the floor, hog tie her with my feet and hands and the poor MD had to lie on the floor to look in her ears...She wants me to take her to get her tonsils out and ear tube set #10...Hmmmmmmm....

Hello to all...Time for work!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:46 AM   #2  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

RR You poor thing! You always have so much to deal with. I don't know how you do it. My evil ss isn't here much let alone full time. And he's just mean, not downs or anything like that. And your uncle! OMG. WTH??? What kind of company does he work for that would do that??

everyone else! I've been reading the posts, just not responding. I had wi yesterday...stayed the same. I'll take it though. We made Christmas cookies this weekend and I've indulged in more than a few. For me to even be maintaining is a miracle! I also got a shot in the arm last night watching Biggest Loser! I don't know yet who won (I recorded it on the DVR and will watch the rest today) but I did see the final 4 and OMG do they look awesome!

OK I'm off to take the boy to school. TTYL!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:30 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Just realized I didn't post yesterday! :doh Went to Kohl's with mom for their big sale...plus her 15% senior discount! Got 3 sweaters and a sweatshirt. Taking the sweatshirt back though, because it doesn't fit right.

Head's up, I'm heading to Virginia to visit a friend of mine this weekend! I haven't seen her since Peter was about 9 months old! I'm taking Robby with me, DH & Peter are staying home. I'm pretty excited to see her, she's my oldest friend, we've known each other for almost 30 years!!

RR, I'm soo sorry your uncle is getting screwed like that!! That's just insane! I can just picture you at the Drs. office! I go through much of the same with Robby...he's soo dramatic! The Drs. and I just laugh...he starts screaming the second the dr. walks in the room!

Stevi & Fit, I'm sorry you guys have to go through that crap with with kids/ex's. I hope everything works out OK for everyone.

Stevi, what kind of stuff did/do you make in the crock pot? I say this all the time, but I really need to start using mine more!

Have a great day all and behave yourselves while I'm gone! (I'll be back late Monday, but will probably be able to check in a few times while I'm there).
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:57 AM   #4  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

*wavie* yes i am alive. i have a show tonight. i'll come home and make more craft stuff, packing up a box for hubby, etc.

Maybe sometime next week (wednesday) I can relax a little. wait, maybe not grrrrrrrrr *sighs*

i had to listen to my FIL talk yesterday. Hated every minute of it. He talks down about his kids and then tells me that i'm his favorite...has always said that since we got married. he's a perv too, but i won't get into that.

ok i gotta get in the shower real quick.....have a great day!!
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:29 AM   #5  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

Mornin',
I should be a freakin' Zombie as Lil feller was inclined to wake for the day @ 3am...A new record. Coffee works wonders in massive quantities. I'll be back in a few...gotta take DS#1 to school.
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 212/210/160

Height: 5'8"

Default hello

hey guys... new here... Ever since I had my kids, I have not been able to lose weight!!! not that I was thin in the first place, but its crazy. I hope this helps..

cindy
1cindy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:43 AM   #7  
Fighting Piano Butt!

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Morning everyone!!

Down 2 more pounds this morning. I'm loving this Sonoma thing. I realize that once wave 1 is over my losses will slow down, but it is fun while it lasts
I am fighting this cold, though. This morning I sounded like a frog trying to talk. This too shall pass ...

Lisa - Cool! My DH has Irish heritage too. He's from Newfoundland. I love those symbols and patterns and I also love knitting Aran sweaters!!

Michelle - Congrats to your DH on graduating! What was he studying?

Stevi - You sound incredibly busy. I love your story about DS's hair. That is definitely natural consequences in action Your little one is so adorable!!

RR - I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. How awful for the whole family. I hope your DD feels better soon!!

Molly - OMG I totally forgot to watch the finale of BL. They do look awesome, don't they? The guys always lose it faster though ... no fair

WTG on maintaining though! That is a victory this time of year!!

Lauren - Have a great time visiting your friend!!

Holy - Make sure you take some time to relax!! I know it always seems like we are the last people on our own priority list ... and for me that is when I start to eat emotionally ... so please take care of yourself!

Cindy - Nice to meet you! I am new too and this place seems like a great source of support.

Have a great day!
cheers
eusebius
eusebius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:18 AM   #8  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Eusebius, first of all ! I know guys lose faster. So not fair. And I do WW and they just changed the program. The points you get per day varies depending on several factors, one of them being your sex. Women get 2 for being a girl. Men get...are you ready for this? 8!! So not fair! Anyway, I was also gonna say, that at least they use the percentage on BL. I was thinking at first that it went by total lost...silly I know. I'm glad about the winner. If you want any details let me know and I'll tell you.

Lauren, hope you have fun! That sounds incredible! I'm lucky in that my bestest friend lives less than 5 min from me!

Cindy, to you too! This is an awesome group!

Stevi, hun I'm so sorry. I'd have to beat me a baby. LOL Up for the day at 3???

Holy, slow down girl! Take 5 minutes for goodness sake!

Christie, where are you???? I miss u!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:35 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

eusebius, During my schooling, I took an Irish History class. We started at 100,000 BC and came up to present time (in 17 weeks). It was very interesting. We had to watch movies about Ireland and write a report. I choose one of my favorite of all times, "The Quite Man".

Cindy, we are glad to have you and hope to get to know you better.

RR, sorry about your uncle. Will keep him in my prayers.

Lauren, enjoy your time visiting your friend. Those times can be very thereputic (sp?). We will try to behave without you We typically do potrosts in the crock pot. My mom has also found a recipe for cheesy hashbrowns - but I think they are a little much. If you want the recipe PM me. I also do BBQ Chicken. Whatever you do, use a liner much easier to clean up!!

Stevie, sorry to hear about your son wanting to move out. I agree that it should be one or the other and not the best of both worlds. I don't think that I would ever do the blue hair. I remember when you gave him that. Of course when I was his age it would have been purple. (drastic change from Blonde.)

Molly, I only saw from when they introduced the last four contestants. Oh my goodness, I definetly am looking that book over more. The one guy lost more than some people weigh. I realize I don't have that much to lose, but wow.

Tonight I am going to a christmas party at a local country club, and I am a litle bit nervous. I will let y'll know how it went.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:58 AM   #10  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

Height: 5'7"

ok...I'm back. Lil feller is STill awake. Hopefully we'll get a good nap in a bit.

Lauren~ I do Pulled pork, chicken for enchiladas or burritos or tacos. Just throw the seasoning in with the Chix and some water and go. Chili, Stew, pork or beef roast of course. Whole chicken with veggies. Its great when your not available to make dinner.
Holy~ Sorry about FIL being a dirtbag. I have a few cousins (mostly 1st , Egads!) That are disgusting like that. The few are much older than me as my Dad was the last of ten and I'm his youngest. Ignore it.
RR~ Really sad about Uncle. Maybe it can be a good thing ( about his job) so he can take time to mourn his son. I just hope he can afford the free time. Bless his heart. You had to wrestle w/ her on the floor?? Don't they have some type of restraint? DS#1 had stitches ( the dreaded coffee table vs his head) @ 20 months and they strapped his arse down!
Mama~ Good job maintaining in this time of temptation!

I have rehearsal with the new band tonight, hope I'm not this tired then!
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:57 PM   #11  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello everyone. I'm still here, just having a hard time getting reacclimated. We were only gone for a week, I don't know what my problem is. I still have mountains of laundry, I can't get that caught up either . I'll blame it all on the sick boy wanting ti lay in my lap all the time! He's finally feeling better. Maybe I can catch up!

RR: Sorry the MIL is landing soon. I feel awful for your uncle.

Lauren: Have a good time with your friend. I'll keep the troups in line. When I'm not leading them into trouble! Crockpot ideas: boneless/skinless chicken, jar of salsa, packet of taco seasoning. Shred chicken when done. Can use for tacos, burritos, enchiladas or on salad. Throw in some ribs and a bottle of BBQ sauce. (That's what we are having for dinner. I'm actually trying boneless ribs.) Meatballs (either your own or store bought) and a jar os spaghetti sauce. Use them for spaghetti or meatball subs. Jumbalaya: chicken, sausage (either smoked or chorizo) carrots, gr peppers, onion (I sautee my veggies first, but you don't have to), cajun seasoning, can of tomatoes. Add already cooked shrimp for last 15-30 min. Serve over rice or with sourdough bead (or both). Chili is another favorite. I use my crockpot ALL the time. I have a cookbook "Not Your Mom's Crockpot Cookbook" that I've used some. I need to get it out and use it more.

Whew, didn't mean to chatter on so! Now I've used up all my time. Typing with one hand takes forever. to everone I missed. Welcome to the newbies!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:03 PM   #12  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

1Cindy My husband just graduated from Police academy he was working full time in the day and going in the evenings 9 longgggg months

everyone else
DID YOU FORGET ABOUT ME ????????????
sigh
I guess that hapens when you go mia LOL
anyways about to move on the 28th of this month wich means NO CHRISTMAS whatso ever but the kids are cool with it cause they know they are getting a house finally
also i told them i want to go to a battered women and children shealtor and feed them and maybe make gifts for the kids or orniments
I want them to see how far we have come
(yes) me and the kids lived at one a long time ago
anyways just giving update

Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 04:52 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/169/150

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, sorry I have been gone so long. My pinky is good as new and typing is much easier!
We got some new people! yeah!!! A big HI to all ya'll!!!!!!
Hopefully when the holidays pass, I will be posting more often! I missed talking with everyone!!!
I did lose 3lbs in the last 2 weeks! I took a more recent pic last night, I'll try to get that loaded to photobucket and post it!

I hope everyone has a great holiday season, and I promise to get back in gear with posting!
JennyMarie2 is offline   Reply With Quote