Old 09-25-2006, 09:44 PM   #1  
Proud Twinmom

S/C/G: 250.5/223.5/147

Height: 5'8

Default Hello Fellow 3FC'ers :)

Hi,

I'm not a newbie, but I wanted to come to introduce myself to others in my age group that are working hard to be healthier and slimmer. I have been coming here regularly for about 2-3 months and I have found so much encouragement. It has been great. I hope to get to know some of you guys better over time.

I'm 30 years young and I live in St. Louis with my husband and twin daughters. For some reason about 6 weeks ago, it just clicked with me that I have to lose weight and I haven't turned back. I have been working out consistently and eating more healthfully than I ever have. Anyone else got on the ball with a "click"? Just like one day, it all made sense??? Since starting on August 15th, I have lost 19.5 lbs and I am so excited. Yes, I have a ways to go, but I am not letting that deter me.

Anyways, I just wanted to say Hello and I'll be seeing you guys around.

Ciao!

Elycia
u2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:46 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Elycia! Glad you stopped by! Good for you, I got that click back in '99 when I joined here! Unfortunately I only lost 20 lbs. before meeting my DH and gaining it all back the following year. I've tried several times since then and can't seem to stick with it. Two kids later, I'm at my heaviest...although I can't really blame it on PG pounds.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 10:28 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the forum!! And wtg on the 19.5 pounds, that's a lot for 6 weeks!! I started in the beginning of April, so have been doing this for almost 6 months now and have lost 42 pounds (well today is weigh in, so we'll see if it's more when I get there). Keep up the great work and you'll get to where you want to be!!
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:23 AM   #4  
Proud Twinmom

Hi Lauren and Melody. Thanx so much for the welcome. I am definitely on a mission and set on losing the excess weight. Lauren, I know it can be difficult when our circumstances change. I am the heaviest I have ever been and I just got to the point where I couldn't stand it. Plus, I can't bear the thought of my daughters seeing me eat all of that unhealthy food. Like I said, 1 day it just clicked for me and I am going to hold on to that as long as I possibly can.

Melody, congrats on 42 lbs. That is wonderful! I can't wait until I get to that point. My goal is to reach 199 by January 1, 2007. Yeah, I know that is very hard goal to reach, but I do want to try to reach for it or get as close as I possibly can. I will keep you guys updated as the date gets closer.

Thanx again and I will be seeing you guys around!

Ciao!

Elycia
Old 09-28-2006, 08:39 PM   #5  
Doin' it & doin' it well!

S/C/G: 170/148.4/140

Hi, I just joined the 3FC crew about 2 wks ago. But I still say welcome! I had to drop a line and say "look at those darling babies".

Keep up the good work - you're off to an awesome start!
Miss_Cretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 12:08 AM   #6  
Proud Twinmom

Thanx Miss Cretia for the compliment on my little ones. Gosh, they are such inspirations for me. They are just so precious and everything to me. I am hoping to be a good example and good mom to them throughout their lives. Best wishes on your goals and thanx again!

Elycia