Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2001, 12:15 PM   #31  

HELLO ALL!

3 Days op!! Woohoo! And it wasn't even hard staying op last night after weigh in. At weigh in, I gained .4 lb. I don't know why, so I'm just moving on. The scale has to be good next week.

I read the journal entries also and couldn't believe it. I emailed the chicks.

BFB - I had to laugh at your burying the tub at the bottom of the trash! I've been known to do that myself, on more than one occasion. And it's really pretty silly, I can't hide the fact from myself.

LBH - sorry about the gain. Cool that you have such a great leader though. You get a lot more out of the meetings that way. It's great to leave them energized and renewed.

Have a great weekend all. I'm trying a new ww pie recipe - will let you know if it's any good. Hmm. that reminds me. I think someone asked me for a recipe recently and I forgot to post it. Any ideas?

RABBIT
Old 09-07-2001, 01:34 PM   #32  

Hi everyone. Well, I swallowed my pride and went back to Weight Watchers this morning. Some of the staff remembered me and they were so nice and welcoming. The bad news is that I've gained quite a bit and have a long way to go before I'll reach my goal. The good news is that I felt very energized and motivated by being at the meeting; it was like going home again. I'm OP today so far and plan to stay OP til the next meeting. I prepaid for ten weeks, so we'll see what happens. One of the staff couldn't emphasize the importance of water enough, so I'm going to really load up on water and see if that helps with my desire to snack. We also got a good recipe for WW Cheese Potato soup, 1 point per cup. I'll make it and let you know if it's good.

Sonya
218/182/150
Old 09-07-2001, 01:49 PM   #33  
Pink Thingy

Talking

Hi all!

Welcome back Sonya - the most important thing is that you rejoined. We are all in it for the long haul. Good luck and the Cheese Potato soup sounds nice - can I have the recipe?
Old 09-08-2001, 12:57 AM   #34  

OMMM.....OOOMMMMMM

Just kiddin, it's more like OH @#$%! Had a super long day at work and then my boss asked me to come in tomarrow to go over things I have not finished, so I will be up most of the night finishing them before working a Saturday. So I think "life is good" and I come home and settle down to work and then........THE DOG GETS SPRAYED BY A SKUNK! So now I am really grinning like a mule and having a gay old time while I am trying to coax, drag, throw a 150 lb dog (who by the way is afraid of water) into the bathtub. After about 20 minutes of this struggle (gee, does that count as a mile?) I give up and take the poor guy out and tie him to the tree while I take the hose to him. Feeling like a great "mom", I lathered him up with shampoo, hosed him off again, then doused him with V8. After rinsing, drying and "making up" I figure I can get back to work. Right? Wrong...

After we moved from Salt Lake City, a friend called to say he was moving also and could he stay with us a few weeks while he found work. He would be here from 8/11 to 9/1. "Sure, no problem". Well, tonight, (yes it is 9/7), he gets home at 11:00 with SIX of his friends and they start drinking on the porch. So one of them starts complaining that we don't have beer. Then he starts yelling at the dog , finally saying he can't have that smelly @@#$% in his face. So I told him he was welcome to leave then, as this was the dog's porch. The "houseguest" got the message and they cleared out. Problem = now I feel guilty for being rude!

So there is my rant. On to bigger and better things (hopefully a little Yoga as well)

Juldiet: How goes the Yoga? Which tape do you like best? All I can say is I'm gald I have a brick and a rope... So sorry to hear about your mom's brother in law.
Rabbit: Are you, by any chance, related to the energizer bunny? Don't worry, your hard work will surely pay off on the scales soon. By the way, how tall are you? How do they decide your goal weight at WW? When you are ready to maintain, do you get some extra points? I know nothing
LBH: Sorry to hear about your TOM problems - how disheartening!! Don't know if this will make you feel any better, but I am still weighing every week and here is what my weight did then by day = 161.5, 163.5, 163.5, 165, 166, 164, 162.5, 160
Pyria: Congrats!!! You are ! Keep it up! BE VERY PROUD
BFB: I am so hurt... I AM GERI HALLIWELL. WTG with the exercise.
RR: Sounds like things are going great. How old is your youngest? I bet dance classes are great!
Sonya: GOOD FOR YOU. Just keep thinking "water,water,water,fruit,water,water,water,veggie. .." You can do it! Best of luck with school next week, keep us posted on how it goes!

Bailey

P.S., On top of that, I have been OP since reaching my LD goal (7 days) and HAVE NOT LOST A THING

Last edited by BaileySG; 09-08-2001 at 01:20 AM.
Old 09-08-2001, 11:18 AM   #35  

Hi!!

4 Days op! I went to the farmer's market this am to pick up some things - I love that place!! There is an organic farmer there - I'm thrilled to buy from him.

The pie was good - dh liked it also. So simple!

Weight Watcher Pie

1 8 oz carton plain fat free yogurt
1 small package of sugar free jello - any flavor
1 8 oz tub fat free cool whip - thawed
1 low fat graham cracker crust

Mix yogurt and jello. Fold in 2/3 of the cool whip. Spoon into crust. Chill for a few hours.
Makes 8 servings, 1 point each.
**I added fresh fruit slices to the top. Then you have to figure in the points.

Sonya - Hi! Hooray for you for taking that big step! Lately I've been trying to remember to drink a big glass of water before I eat to help fill me up. Cheese potato soup sounds good - does it have rotel tomatoes in it?

Bailey - oh no on the skunk!! You should NOT feel guilty!! I think your houseguest is the one who should feel bad. Cute about the energizer bunny! I am 5'8". WW bases your goal range on your height. My goal is at the top of the range for my height, but personally I'd like to go lower (I think. I'll see when I get there!). I think they give you some le-way in deciding yourself. I don't know about the maintaining and extra points, but I doubt it! It's so wild how ones weight fluctuates day to day! I've gotten back into the daily weighing thing and I need to break it. Cool that you stayed op all week and like you told me, it's bound to pay off!!

have a fun September weekend all!

RABBIT
Old 09-08-2001, 12:37 PM   #36  
A princess in the making!

Wink Just sucks!!!! But won't for long!!!

I am off to the Farmer's Market for corn!!!!! I just love corn!!!! I will end up with some other stuff too.
Old 09-08-2001, 01:02 PM   #37  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello friends, (can I still call you that?)

I am sorry I keep going in and out. I hope I can stop back in. I feel badly to keep doing that. It used to be so easy to read and post but it seems much harder to find the time and energy lately.

I have not read for a long time, so I hope to catch up on how you are all doing when I do. I also sense from your posts that something is going on with the 3fc's so I will take a look at the journals to see what you are referring to.

Things are going well here. We are still in temporary housing, which is comfortable and fine for now. We have not found a house yet and that is ok. With school underway we are busy and settling in to our new schedules. My son started Kindergarten on Thursday. (such a big day!!) I started back with my kids on Wednesday.

This Monday will be my WW anniversary. Unfortunately I just decided to stop going for awhile. I am above my starting weight and I am going and going but not following the program. On a good note, 2 weeks ago I started a cardio kickboxing class and it is very hard. I can go 3 times a week and it is sure to make a difference in many ways (mentally, physically, as a stress relief). I am looking forward to noticing the benefits of doing this. At this time I have so much more trouble doing the food than the exercise so I am going to put my efforts into this class.

OK, I am going to stop for now. Just wanted to get back in here.

Hello to all my old friends and hello to all the people who are new. I hope to get to know you and be a support to you.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

dani
Old 09-08-2001, 05:20 PM   #38  

Bailey, you were having the day from ****! Hope you're feeling better and the dog is back to its normal dog-smell. You need to have a heart to heart with the friend, otherwise you'll soon be calling him Roommate.

Rabbit, the pie sounds really good. I wonder how many points it is. I'd guess about 3-4 for an eighth?

Dani, I'm so glad to see you back. Don't worry about coming in and out--I do the same thing and right now I really need the support of the group. The kickboxing sounds like a great way to release tension. You know you're always a friend here.

I'm making bean soup tonight, with smoked turkey. Should be a good fiber-load. I haven't made the cheese-potato soup yet. The recipe I have doesn't have Rotel, but I bet that would taste good, probably better than cabbage, which I like, but not with cheese.

I'll check in tomorrow.

Sonya
Old 09-08-2001, 07:49 PM   #39  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

What a busy weekend this has been! Today was the party for my grandparents...65th anniversary and Gramp's 90th birthday!! What a blessing it was to be able to celebrate that. It's not too often that you see two people that have been married that long, and still doing soo well, considerng their ages!! We saw/met a lot of Gramp's family that we didn't know, or hadn't seen in many years. It was interesting. It was nice to see Gran and Gramps having such a good time, being the center of attention. It seems lately at parties/family gatherings they tend to fall into the corners and just observe everyone else. We sang old songs, (Jeepers Creepers, Let Me Call You Sweetheart, and some others), my Uncle read some historical items that he found online about what happened the year they got married. People got up and told different stories they remember about growing up around G&G. It was really nice. DH scanned in a bunch of old pics of them and their kids growing up and blew them up and posted them on foam board that's used for presentations. Everyone loved that and they turned out great!

Sonya- That cheese potato soup sounds good, can you post the recipe? Good for you swalling your pride and going back to WW. I was thinking of pre-paying for awhile too, since the Thursday night mtg. is busy, I'd like to just go in, straight to the scale.

Dani- Great to see you!! Of course you can still call us friends!! Hope you find a house soon. How's DS like Kindergarten?! Do you have a good bunch of students this year? I was thinking about you, because DH's mom just started back this past week too. Good luck with the kick-boxing class, DH and I are going to make a big effort to walk every night this week.

Rabbit- I wish we had a farmer's market around here. There was a nice little one by my mom, and you would think being out in the boonies where we are, there would be one, but not even a roadside stand!!

Bailey- Oh you poor thing!! I remember doing that plenty of times with my old dog. She spent a couple nights in the garage because of being sprayed!! And she was a white shepard/husky mix, so washing her in tomato juice was horrible. I used to send her to work with a friend of mine who was a groomer!! As far as your border goes, I would sit him down and lay out the ground rules. This flies, this doesn't, and this is when we need you to be out by...no if's, and's, or but's about it. He'll be lolly-gagging around there forever if you don't!! (Man, did I just sound like a mom or what?! )

Jul- Sorry to hear about your mom's BIL.

BFB- I can't tell you how many times I've done the icecream hiding thing...and to myself, in my own garbage, before I got married!! I was hiding it on myself, like if I didn't see it, it didn't exsist!!

Time to go spend some quality cuddle time with DH!!
Closed Thread