Old 07-21-2006, 07:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/178/145

Height: 5'1 1\2

Exclamation beerly there!!!

Hello My name Is Lynn, And I'm 36 years old and I'm from detroit MI. I'm very pleased to have found this website and became a part of this forum. Okay Here's the thing. I Have this crazy craving for beer, And all that I can talk about is I need to lose the weight, I'm walking, I have three children ages 12, 5, 3 years, Who keeps me very busy, Actually the weight is coming off, I Started trying to lose at about 185 pounds, and now I'm at 178, and to be truthful, I don't quite know how I got here, with the beer drinking, I switched to Bud Light, and maybe that's it, But I also got rid of my scale. I Must've weighed myself on an average of about 15-20 pounds a day, and for what!!!. Anyhow, I'm losing the weight, and feel that I could lose faster if I would slow down on the beer, Oh and another thing, I eat two boiled eggs in the morning w/black coffee, I'm full until about 11:30, It's great (gives me a little workout though , But Hey, whatever works right, So basically I need a few suggestions,
Thank so much;
mombeme
mombeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 08:58 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi mombeme! You've done fabulous! Sounds like if you cut down on the beer, you'd be set!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/123/120

Height: 5'5

Hi Mombeme,

You sound alot like me. I am 37 and a mother of 2 ages 12 and 9.
My starting weight was at 185 as well. I also love beer. I drink
Michelobe Ultra and I have during my whole weight loss journey.
I am now down to 126 would like to get to 120 and oh by the way
I am 5'5. Good luck and keep up the good work you will get there.
I just make sure to exercise 5-6 times a week (running, weight training) eat as clean as possible and limit the Mich Ultra

Have a great Friday!!!!
Lovestorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 11:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Okay, you have a thing for beer (which I'll drink 2 or 3 times a month) but my big problem is that I love a good glass of wine and that one glass easily becomes 2 or 3 if it's the weekend. I know it is bad for me and it really makes losing weight all that much harder. But I feel deprived if I don't get some.

I guess my suggestion to you is to start recording everything you eat and drink (use FitDay.com--it records your calories, fat, protein, carbs and alcohol) and once you've done that for a week, you can basically look back at what you are doing good and what you are doing bad. Then do more of the good and less of the bad. Try for moderation in the beer intake (I'm not advocating teetotaling--if you really want it, fit it into your diet, but do it in moderation and that way you won't feel deprived).
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:14 PM   #5  
Gypsy Goddess

S/C/G: 209\144\113

Height: 5'7

I love beer too
And I have 2 kids, I babysit 5 more full time during the week, on Saturday nights I go out with my girlfriends and yah we drink some beer I tell you

During the week I try to keep it to 1 or 2 cans of bud lite and then just take Saturdays off from any rules or moderation

And I still so far have been able to lose weight fairly easily, even with the beer.

I read a study once about beer and its affect or lack of affect on weight gain, let me go see if I can find it again for you, it was really a cool article
Nirvanagurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:59 PM   #6  
Bobbie

S/C/G: 210/185/140

Height: 5'6"

Me too. I love beer. I just started drinking the Becks Premium Lite. It has only 64 calories in each 12 oz bottle. Miller Lite has like 96. I'm not sure about Bud Lite. I can have three Becks for the same calories as two Miller Lites. And its tasty in slightly bitter/pilsnerish kind of way. Give it a try, I like it a lot.
AnnOtto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:48 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the forum, I'm a mom of 3 as well (15, 8, and 5). I agree with the other lady who said record what you are taking in, once you see how many calories you are taking in and where you will have a better idea of how to limit those. There are people who drink moderately while losing weight and continue to lose weight, so you don't have to give up your beer, but seeing it in black and white might show you where you could cut down a bit, or if you even need to at all.
MelodyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 05:14 PM   #8  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

ok im glad im not the only one try to fit beer into my cal intake....LOL i am a huge beer lover i have recently switched to the mic ultra as well it seems to be working so if it anit broke..... you all know the rest
i just thought i'd throw my 2 cents in

Michelle
33 5'8 185

Oh yeah mother of 4 ... 16,15,14,10
working full time
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote