Old 05-02-2006, 08:01 AM   #1  
:: Not of this planet ::

S/C/G: 125kgs/75kgs

Height: 164cms

Red face Newbie from Australia

Hi Everyone,

As you can see, I'm new to the forums but definitely not new to having a weight problem. So I'll just give you a quick intro ...

My name is Jo and I'm 30 (turning 31 in October) and I'm from Sydney Australia. I've been married 5 years (in October - great month) and my DH is from Maryland USA but he moved to Australia to be with me I have a 14 month old daughter who will definitely keep me on my toes in the upcoming years.

I have been overweight since birth basically and I have always resigned myself to being 'the fat chick' (as I was told by a family member). This comment always stuck in my head and instead of using it as a motivator I used as an excuse to keep myself down. In the back of my mind I don't think I'm worthy and then I say "it's to hard, I'm suppose to be this way" ... this set up the pattern of my life.

I have been fat for the last 30 years and want to be healthy and slimmer for the next 30+ years! One of my closest friends died of a heart attack 2 weeks ago - she was 51, and it was a big wake up call to me. I want to be around for my daughter as she grows up. But if I keep going the way I am, I won't be .. as I'm also a heart attack waiting to happen!

I've put on A LOT of weight over the years and now weigh in at 120kgs (265lbs)! It's gonna be a long and hard journey but the time is now! But no more excuses I just have to do it, change my life and never give up! I never finish anything I start - but I'm sick of being negative and quitting. It's what I usually do, but I don't want to be that person anymore.

Anyhow - I've basically written an essay sorry about that. But just wanted to put it out there for myself also. It's just part of the process. I'm happy to have found you all ...
cosmic_gin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:20 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 97.8/95.8/66

Hi Jo, welcome to 3fatchicks, i'm also not new to being overweight, and was always the fat chick, am trying to change that.
Hopefully you'll find the support to get healthy here, it seems to be sort of working for me, i've only been visiting here for a couple of weeks.
Good luck with your new goals.
Liamsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:42 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Jo & Liamsmummy!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 10:34 AM   #4  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Both of you!

Feel free to join us on the WEEK OF thread stickied at the top of the page. That's where we do most of our "chatting".

Looking forward to getting to know you.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote