Old 01-30-2005, 10:11 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of~~January 30~~

Hello All,

Not much going on here. DH let me sleep in this morning and now I feel like I've been hit by a truck. Ugh. I hate feeling like this.

I hope everyone is having a super weekend.
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:05 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Karen, if it's any consolation, I feel pretty much that way every AM!! Last night was particularly rough. Robby is VERY gassy, especially at night, and I have a hard time getting the gas bubbles out sometimes. Last night was no exception...he got a little out, then immediately got the hiccups. Poor little guy, didn't deserve them. So he's crying and pushing and Peter woke up (this was 1:30!). So Peter was wide awake because DH had him out and at his parents house yesterday and he only had a short nap in the car. He then slept at home from 6:00 on. I ended up taking Robby down to the LR and putting him in the swing...which sometimes works. We were still up quite a bit though.

Right now, thank God, my mom has both boys in by her, DH is sleeping. I should be too, but I had to pump, then make another cake for Peter's "snow date" b-day party today. I made two last night, I was gonna stack 2 9x13 cakes but they both burned in the oven. Darn oven...So now I've got my last box of cake mix in my heart shaped pans, only on 300, and I'm checking it after 20 minutes!

Amity, Sorry to hear about your daughter's little accident. Peter did that once, probably about a year ago. He ran into our room, tripped over his feet, and smacked right into the edge of the box spring. He didn't need stitches, but he did have a black eye for awhile. In fact, here's a comical pic DH did of him with it...

LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 05:01 PM   #3  

Hi everyone.

Well my older 2 boys went back to school this morning yay Jack will start kindy tomorrow (still got mixed emotions about that lol but I know he's ready for big school). Hannah will be home all week thanks to her stitches. Not much else happening- oops almost forgot why I joined here in the first place I lost another pound this week .

Lauren - Love the pic, peter looks so gorgeous - even with the black eye. It sounds like you had a rough night with robbie. It's awful when they have gas and you just can't get it up isn't it. It makes you feel so helpless. Hopefully you will all get some sleep soon.

Karen - Karen I hope your feeling a bit better now.

Here is my little soldier lol

Amity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 08:56 PM   #4  

I am trying to get the hang of how the "thread" works. Ya'll just start over every week and discuss your everyday lives? That's nice. I've never been a part of anything like that before. Unfortunantely nothing exciting happened to me this weekend to talk about. I am trying to decide if I really want TCBY enough to get in the car and go get it.

The Super Bowl will be here this week/next weekend, that is pretty exciting. Of course Jax has been getting some bad press which has ticked me off since the reporters are usually people that have never spent much time here (Tony Kornheiser especially). We may be a "little city" but it's a great place to live, the growth that has happened here in the past 7 years alone is amazing. I was born and raised here and am not "trailer trash" or have ever even lived in a trailer (which is something that's seems to part of Jacksonville's image, not sure why there are not that many trailers here anyway) Not that I have anything against someone living in a trailer, it's just I am tired of people thinking that is all the people here live in. I personally live in a home worth over $200,000 and that is cheap for the side of town I live in.

Sorry to get on my soap box but I needed to vent. Thanks for letting me do it here!!
ashana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 11:54 PM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Ashana, I have been in Jacksonville, FL for a Browns game in 2000. I personally think it is a great town, except I got sick at the stadium. I really liked it.
And yes you do have the idea of this forum.

Amity, so sorry to hear about your daughter. I know how stiches can be. I had five in my leg.

Lauren, That is one cute picture.

Hello to everyone else.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:00 PM   #6  
LBH

Hi All,

Lisa, thanks!

Ashana, yup, that's what we do, new thread every week to chat on! Yes, it's a weight loss forum, but you can talk about whatever you want... that's what support is all about. Sorry Jax is getting such bad press right now. I honestly have not paid any attention. Have only driven through there on 95, so I don't know much about it.

Amity, Hannah is beautiful, even with the booboo! Sure hope she's feeling better. How did you do with Jack starting K today?

We've made some progress! Robby slept til about 1:45-2, ate, and was back to sleep within a 1/2 hr. or so, then slept til 5:30, ate, went almost right back down, then again at 7:00! WooHoo!! I'm hoping it's a trend and not just a fluke from being passed around amongst relatives yesterday. He's squeaking at me now...

RR, Where are you? Hope all is OK! Pop in if you can!

Have a great day all!
Old 01-31-2005, 03:47 PM   #7  

hello all. I am back in journaling mode and am so happy about it. I am on my third day of journaling - that is success. And I'm back to drinking all my water. yeah.

No tennis today so I spent time on the bike after lifting weights. I like tennis much better!

Abounding - Thanks for the compliment! ~ Nice that you're so organized this semester.

Lisa - sounds like lots of homework to me.

Amity - ouch on the stitches. She's a cutie. ~ Vacation is in June. ~ Hooray for your loss.

Lauren - you seem to have your hands full now!

Ashana - welcome!

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 06:14 PM   #8  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Hello all!!!
Hello to the Newbies!!!
Amity--She is beautiful even with stitches!!!

We just got back from K's 2 yr checkup!!She is 35.5inches, 28.5 lbs..She has been well since her tubes and adenoids in Nov!!!Cutting 2 yr molars so chewomg on everything!!Got to run!! Baby is making me nuts today!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 07-16-2006 at 07:54 AM.
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 07:18 PM   #9  

Hi all......

Brandon got his report card today, and I am so proud of him. He brought up all of his grades and missed the AB honor roll by just 1 point. He has really surprised me beings this is his 1st semester in middle school. DH & I have been thinking for months about getting him his own cell phone, so I did it today. Alltel had a special and it's only $10 extra dollars a month. For my peace of mind on keeping up with him, it's worth it and he is so excited about it. He's not allowed to make extra calls and understands that so that's good. I mainly got it for us to be able to call him if we need to if he is away from us, or if he's somewhere and had an asthma attack, he could call me. Anyways, that's about how exciting my day was today.

I've been meaning to tell all the ones going to school, hats off to all of you. I really admire each and everyone of you! (I am trying to really remember which ones you are, but can't seem to, so please forgive me)

Amity: You have such a cute little girl, even with her boo-boo. My son is 12 1/2 and we had our days of those kind of accidents! He had one in kindergartin that cut the top of his head and split open his top lip and I mean split open, he also fell many times on the floor and got those bumps on his forehead that would keep getting bigger and bigger.

Ashana: Welcome! I love TCBY too. Have not been there in a while though.

Lauren: Sorry to hear about your rough night, hopefully, things will get better. I have enjoyed all the pictures you have posted.

Karen: I don't even have a little one, but if I get up early and then go back to bed, I feel like crap.

Rabbit: Good job on drinking your water and exercising today.

RR: Nice to see you. Cute picture of Kaylee

Hello to Lisa, abounding joy, midwife, Jen????? I can't remember who else, but hello.

Jackie
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 09:01 PM   #10  
LBH

Just popping in to post some new pics.

RR, thanks for checking in! Glad to hear all is well! Excellent that K has been healthy since November!! No molars here yet, but I keep looking. Adorable pic, she looks soo much like you!

With Gran & Gramps:

With Cousins:

While we were singing Happy Birthday:

Almost Caught a Smile:

Ooooooo:

Huh?:

...That's what I think of all these pics!:
Old 01-31-2005, 11:58 PM   #11  
~In my own little world~

You all have beautiful children. I'm just learning the names here so forgive me for not speaking to each of you. I'm a night owl so just checking in before trying to get my littlest little to sleep. He's a bit of a night owl himself.

I'm the Avon lady so today was my busy day for packing orders. Tomorrow is delivery day. (don't worry I won't be soliciting) LOL!!

I've had terrible cramps today which concerns me b/c with my Lupron shots, my ovaries are suppressed. UGH Course this might be why I'm not dropping any weight lately. I do feel a little water gain. Oh the joys. I did really well with my eating today and did my 10 miles on the bike. I can't wait to go to sleep.

Night All and thanks for inviting me to the thread.
ChickNextDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 09:26 AM   #12  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Good Morning Everyone!

Last night was DH's company Holiday party and I don't think I did all that bad with eating. Not saying I couldn't have done better, but I didn't do bad. My worst was the appetizers. They had this amazing calimari and shrimp stuff that was SO good. Only one person sat with us (at a table for 10, I guess Alex scared them off!) so we had two bowls to share amongst three adults. Yum, yum, yum! I only ate 1/2 of my dinner when it came and I left before dessert was offered. So, it wasn't too awful. I was *SO* bored tho. I tried to get DH to go without us but he wouldn't. So he talked to the other guy the whole night and there I was with only Alex to talk to. Now, while his verbal skills are terrific for his age, he's not a scintillating conversationalist. I was so ready to go after two and a half hours, I was delighted that Alex needed to go home!

Amity: Oh, she's a cutie pie even with the booboo. I hope she is feeling better.

Ashana: Awwwee, their just jealous! They wish they had your lovely winter and the beach! Hope things aren't too crazy there for this weekend.

RR: Nice to see you popping in. She is absolutely adorable! I'm glad to hear that the last set of tubes has helped. It sucks to have a sick little one.

Jack: Congrats to your son on bringing his grades up. That is so cool. It took me until 11 AM on Sunday to really "wake-up". I hate that feeling so much.

Lauren: Oh, what cute pics. Robby looks so big! He sure has grown. Alex was tiny for so long, it amazes me to see other babies. He didn't get up to eight pounds until he was a month old. Which is why my dad called after their visit to tell me that he was really worried about him because he was so "frail". He talked like he was afraid Alex was going to die. Ugh. If I get preggers again I'm not inviting them up! (Exscuse me!)

CND: Welcome! Just jump right end and run with it! That's what we all do. I would so much rather stay up half the night and sleep in the next day. Unfortunately my little guy like to go to bed at 8 and get up at 8 (even when he's late getting to bed like he was last night. I didn't get him to bed until almost 10 and he was still up before 8. Ugh!).

Sorry for being so long wined today!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 07:44 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all,
Well today has been a day of h*ll! I work on campus in a place called the Life Lab. What that is, is a place where children up through middle school, or junior high can come and learn about natural sciences. We have all kinds of birds and fish and bugs and normally it is okay. I work in the office so I don't have to worry about it. Well I went back today to heat up my lunch and one of the birds flew over and started attacking me! He bit my ear (causing a scratch), my thumb (broke skin in two places)and two other fingers (no marks). From that point on I was jumpy. It was horrible. Plus I broke off a friendship today that was really special to me. I know it was for the best, but it still hurts. Ya know?

Anyways, enough about me. I feel like I am bellyaching.

Hello to everyone! I don't think I can remember everyone's name tonight. I am going to watch my show and then hit the books (but not hard).
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 08:23 PM   #14  
~In my own little world~

A bird attacked you? Holy crow batman!! Were you warming up chicken for lunch? Sorry but I couldn't resist. I thought you could use a giggle.

I'm sorry you broke off a friendship. That is very sad. But if you know you made the right decision then you know best. {{hugs}} I'm sure that doesn't make it feel any better though.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:26 PM   #15  
~In my own little world~

Oh duh I hit submit! I just got finished with dinner. I had the nastiest Lean Cuisine ever. *bleck* So after about a bite I ditched it and went for Special K. It's been a long day. I can't wait for bed. But I hear that bike calling me. 10 miles here I come and hopefully a pound, there you go.