Old 11-07-2004, 09:08 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of ~~November 7~~

Good Morning Everyone,

Having computer problems again here. My wireless card is fried and I'm having to use DH's computer when I can. It's a MUCH nicer computer than mine so I can't use it when Alex is around. I'd feel awful if something happened to it. And we all know toddlers and forbidden playthings! He loves nothing more than sneaking up on me and pushing buttuns or trying to hang off the screen (it's a laptop).

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 11:53 AM   #2  
No description available.

Hey guys!! How are you all? Sorry I have not been posting much, but I have been reading when I can. I am having a very nice weekend! I love fall! I am finding that finally I have some habits formed....this has been since July, you know! But the changes I have made are things I can live with and look forward to and are working! I am setting new goals for myself too and I am excited about the NY challenge.
Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 03:55 PM   #3  

Height: 5' 7"

Well, I just finished a paper due Wednesday, that I had to email by today. Now I have to study for a test thats tomorrow. It's over five chapters and I want chocolate!! I am drinking water like its going out of style, however that is not working. Maybe I'll go to the store and get some flavored water.

I can't wait for this semester to be over. I am keeping in mind my goal weight for the end of the year, however it is really hard. I am also trying to cut back on the caffiene intake. I almost always grab a diet coke to drink. Water is healther and hopefully will drop the weight faster, but when you are addicted to soda pop. . . .

Hope everyone is doing well. Enjoy this weather, at least it is nice here. (Toledo, OH)
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 06:06 PM   #4  

hello.

Just got back from a weekend of hiking with dh - lots of fun. Today is our 12th anniversary.

Lisa - cute ticker! ~ Great nsv! Going down a size is always nice.

Morrigan - your mom and grandma's homes sound tough. You'll just have to develop a different mindset to make it through those. ~ The wedding cruise sounds fun. ~ So sorry to hear about your friend's baby.

Lauren - my sister is starting her every 2 weeks also - she's due a little after you, on the 14th. ~ I'll check out your new challenge.

Jen - hooray for the 25 lbs gone! You should pick up a 25 lb weight to see just how much that is.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 09:42 PM   #5  
30 lost, 55 to go!

Hello chickies!

Just wanted to drop a quick note to let you know I still live. I got hit with a pretty bad flu yesterday, and have been sleeping non-stop ever since. You probably won't see me much for the rest of the week while I try to get rest and shake this off. Hope you all have a wonderful week!
Wonder Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 10:33 PM   #6  

I just want you to know even though I said in my last reply that I wanted chocolate (really bad) I did not have any. I did have more caffine than I probably should have, but I was going through withdraws. Not good.

Anyways have a good evening. I have to get studying.
Old 11-08-2004, 08:20 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Sorry I was scarse this weekend, busy packing and stuff. Mom helped (motivated) me pack up some of the kitchen. Decided to pack the whole dinnerware set, and just use either paper plates, or these 2 misc. plastic plates we have. Did not pack Peter's things. The linen closet is all packed, except for a few towels and 2 sets of sheets. Most importantly, my laundry is almost caught up, and most of my clothes are in bags for either the bin, or to put away because it's either summer or clothes that don't fit me this year because I'm PG...doesn't leave much. My friend bought my entertainment center, so DH brought that over to her yesterday. We are now using the "linen closet", which is an armoire, as the TV cabinet...I like it much better! Slowly but surely we're getting things straightened out. And after all the fuss my landlord gave me about bringing people to see the place starting Tuesday, nobody's come!

Lisa, good for you not eating the chocolate.

Jody, glad to know you're still alive! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Rabbit, happy anniversary!!! Is your sis to the point of "get this kid out of here" yet? I'm almost there!!

Karen, hope you get the PC fixed soon!

to everyone else! Have a great day!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 03:38 PM   #8  

Today I have been really good and tomorrow I plan on going to the gym. I have not been there in over a month so its time to get back into the routine. I know I will want chocolate in class tonight. (Microeconomics & its a test) So I may splurge. Oh well I should be studing. Be back in later.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:19 PM   #9  

hi all. I think i did a little damage over the weekend while I was gone. Guess I'll find out Thursday.

Lisa - hooray for avoiding the chocolate!

Lauren - probably. She has gotten pretty big and I know she tires easily. She's older than you though - just turned 42 - and so I think this one has effected her differently. My cousin and I are having a shower for her this weekend. (then that is the end of the showers! yeah!)

Rabbit
Old 11-09-2004, 08:34 AM   #10  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning all!!!I am working my 4 days a week so off today!!!
Been having a rough time here but things are on the mend..Kaylee started bleeding on Sunday and things got pretty scarey..She was "riding" her bike and then when I looked at her she was covered in blood..She was still smiling and having fun...They were going to have to suction her out but she sneezed out the clots and it stopped..Poor baby--between ear drops 4 times a day, zyrtec at night, augmentin twice a day, nystatin 4 times a day and now the nasal spray 4 times a day she runs from me..

On a happier note--I bought them a space walk so I am getting loads of excercise jumping!!! I am behind a 6ft wooden fence so no one can see!!!

WW-Hope the flu ends..I took a flu shot at work for the first time and both kids got one so I am hoping it skips us this year..Last year it was rough when we got it..

Midwife--good to see U back!!

Lauren--I hate packing..We looked for house again this weekend..Found the perfect one with a 1000-sq foot pool house with a bedroom, kitchen, full bath and excercise room for mom in law...The main house was 4 bedroom and 3 baths--Simply perfect but the neighborhood had no sidewalks..Ok.I am picky, but I love sidewalks...Mom in law is hinting on moving down here and a seperate house is the only way...

Rabbit--I hope "damage control" is underway!!! Happy Anniversary!!

LP--Resist the chocolate and have fun studying!!!
Karen--Hello!!!
Jackie!!--Hello!!
Well, gotta run...someone is awake!! Hello to all I missed!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 05:33 PM   #11  

hi all. Run, run, run - life can be busy!

RR - poor Kaylee! I'd run from you too. Hope she is on the mend now. That must have been so scarey. ~ Your MIL on the same property!!?? - I don't know if you're brave or crazy, but I'm leaning towards crazy...

still doing damage control - Rabbit
Old 11-09-2004, 05:47 PM   #12  
IALAC

S/C/G: 225/204/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Hello!

Hi ladies! I can't believe it has been so long already since I posted that post! But I went away to Florida to see my sister and her children. I haven't seen them in a year and 1/2 and when they lived up here we saw them every week so we all miss each other very much!

I too think about all the girls from time to time... legal, setina, sonya... remember kimber? And there were others... I hope they are all doing very well.

It is so great to see the pictures! Karen Alex is so cute!!! Oh and RR Kaylee is so beautiful! I hope she will be doing much better very soon! LBH good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! Peter's pic's were adorable too! I see several people are in the process of moving or planning to.? I know some of what you are going through and I know the stress can be crazy. We looked for 15 months for this house and we were picky too. But now that I'm here I really don't want to move again!

Rabbit, good luck with your piano lessons! I took them for a year about 9 years ago. I can play 2 songs I think but not all the way. I loved it though. It's like being able to speak another language! Happy Anniversary!

Sounds like you are doing well as a group! Keep it up! I am going to kickboxing tonight and reading the posts have given me the umph I needed to get a better attitude about going.

Gotta go! Reading to ds a new book we are reallyl into.

It is FREEZING here!! BRRRRR

Love,
Dani
happyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 01:32 PM   #13  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

We had a well baby check today and, boy, does my guy hate the doctor. My ears are still ringing from the screaming. I'm getting paid back from when I was a kid in spades! I don't know what I'll do when he's too big for me to hold down!

RR: Oh geeze, poor girl. Sounds like she's been having a rough time. I hope she's feeling better now after all that. I'd be running from you too with all that medicine. Yucky.

Rabbit: Hope the damage control is going well.

Dani: Thanks!! Of course, I think he's cute. Most of the time. When he's kicking the doctor and nurse he looses a little of his appeal! LOL. How was kickboxing? Sounds like a good workout. And yeppers, it's COLD here. I needed my coat this AM and it's chilly in the house now. What part of Jersey are you in again? Down south right?

Hope everyone is having a great day!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 03:12 PM   #14  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Grrr....4 more wks. til maternity leave...can't wait, I hate this!!

Karen, so what are Alex's stats? Did he have to get stuck at all? Thankfully Peter isn't as bad as I was at the Drs.! I don't know how I'd handle it if he was!

Dani, glad you got to visit your sis. I remember all the old-timers! I often wonder about Laura (Butterfly), who started our thread?! I hear ya' on the weather...I'm not liking having to warm up the car in the AM!

Rabbit, hope the damage control is going well!

RR, poor child having to take all those drugs! Hope she's better soon and stays well!! Cool on the space walker! Peter will try and jump sometimes, but his feet never leave the ground!! It's pretty funny! Girl, if it's not a main drag, sidewalks would be the last of my worries if the rest of the house was perfect!! Especially with the thought of MIL moving down!!

Gotta go deal with more crap...have a nice rest of the day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 11:31 PM   #15  

I just wanted to check in. I know I haven't written in a few days. I feel like I got a reprive from school until Monday. There is no major homework due this weekend. (yea!) Just chill. I am so looking forward to Christmas Break, it isn't even funny.

LBH I couldn't even begin to imagine what having my ex-MIL living with me would be like. I give ya credit.

The rest of you hello. I'm sorry I didn't mention you by name.