Old 06-20-2004, 09:06 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of ***June 20***

Good Morning All,

I hope everyone is having a nice Father's Day!! DH wants to do nothing, so that's what we are doing. He is one tired puppy from the 2 weeks. We found out that he is NOT being deployed!! His unit is being deployed in July and his name was not on the list. He got the call on Friday.

We had a good time at the baseball game on Friday. Alex ATE the whole entire time. I brought him a chopped up hot dog, cheese and chopped up grapes. He ate most of that and a container of Dippin Dots. He loved the fireworks after the game. We got home just after DH so it worked out well.

We found a Crate And Barrell Outlet store not far from us and we went down yesterday. I love C&B. We only got a couple of things but it was fun!!

OK, gotta go. Ya'll have a super day!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 09:33 PM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

We had an awesome time at Sesame Place!! Karen, you've GOT to bring Alex there, he will love it!! We were gonna go back today, but by the time we got up and got ready to leave my aunt's house, it was too late. Peter had SOO much fun, it's mostly a water park, and he was such a water rat!! We couldn't get him out of the water! We met 3 other couples from the mom's board I post on and that was really nice. Unfortunately Peter was the only water rat, so we split up for a little while, but got back together again for dinner. He was asleep less than 5 min. after we left the restaurant.

Karen, what game did you guys go to? Glad DH is home again, and really glad he doesn't have to be deployed!! I love C&B too!!

Lori, Hope DD is feeling better soon! How did WI go?

Hope everyone else had a good weekend!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 10:47 AM   #3  
LBH

Here's Peter w/2 of his buddies Saturday!!

Old 06-21-2004, 04:32 PM   #4  

hello!

I ended up going to Chicago for the weekend. Had a great time, but did not eat well. Or ate too well, depending on how you want to look at it.

Karen - super that dh is not being deployed. I'm sure you're all very happy.

Lauren - what a cute picture!

gotta run

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 09:42 AM   #5  

Hi guys!!

Lauren: That is such a cute pic. He's such a little boy!! No more baby boys for us. Alex still looks more like a baby tho since he doesn't have much hair. Sounds like you had a good time at Sesame Place. I wonder if Alex would like it since he doesn't watch Sesame Street. He wouldn't know the characters. We went to a Somerset Patriots game. It was pretty cool.

Rabbit: Glad you had fun in Chicago even if you weren't exactly "good".

We got a new pool yesterday. It's a strange looking thing that has an inflatable ring at the top and then it "rises" as you fill it with water. It's 12 feet across and 2 1/2 feet deep. It'll be fun to sit in. Alex can try out his floatie suit.

Hello to RR, Lori, Tiki and Jack.
Old 06-22-2004, 01:39 PM   #6  
LBH

Karen, We have that pool!! Ours is 10' diameter. Peter loves it! If Alex likes the water, and splashing around, he will LOVE Sesame Place! And what are you doing depriving your child of Sesame Street?! Actually, I never liked it as a kid, and now that I'm an adult, I know why...because it's set in an urban environment and I did not grow up in an urban environment. I grew up in a suburban town with almost no diversity...I couldn't relate to it! Peter likes it though.

Rabbit, glad you had a good time in Chicago!

Everyone!!
Old 06-22-2004, 01:40 PM   #7  
LBH

Oh, meant to add, for more Peter pics, go here
Old 06-22-2004, 02:15 PM   #8  

Hi again,

Lauren: Sesame Street comes on at 7 am. Before I am ready for TV. I have been trying to limit the TV 'cause Alex will sit and stare at it for hours instead of playing. We are doing pretty well. We are watching today cause he is sick (I think the new molars are messing with his sinuses...runny nose/watery eyes). He just wants to sit on my lap and veg. We didn't get the pool filled up last night. I told DH that we were supposed to get the wrinkles out BEFORE filling the darn thing. He said OK. I went in to get Alex to bed. TWO HOURS later I check on the pool and one side is only about 10" off the ground and the other is about a foot. He hadn't gotten the bottom pulled out like he was supposed to. We stopped filling at that point and tried to fix it. It was late and we didn't get very far. We just put the cover on and called it a night. I was going to finish filling it today but, of course, it's raining.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:37 PM   #9  
LBH

You should see ours! Our property is soo uneven, so we put it on the most level area we could. It's not perfect, but almost a circle! As for the wrinkles...good luck! We did the best we could, but we can't get all the wrinkles out. Hope Alex is feeling better soon!
Old 06-22-2004, 04:38 PM   #10  

LOL, isn't it fun trying to get it straight? I re-read my post and the difference in the sides was way more than two inches. I'm guessing maybe one side was 6" and the other was 18". It looked ridiculous. It's better now. We have a slope on almost the whole yard. The only level place is right under the tree (where the fort was). We would be continually cleaning the leaves out. I think we are going to go work on it. We are both getting cabin fever. I've been giving Alex a snack in the afternoon and he has started absolutely freaking out when the snack is gone. I just gave him some pretzels and he absolutely lost it when they were gone. I think I'm going to have a champion tantrum thrower!!
Old 06-23-2004, 08:04 AM   #11  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning~~~
Karen--Alex will have to compete for the temper tantrum trophy!! We have it now!!We can send video lessons if U want us to!!!

This is a pic of me and Kaylee in the library Saturday..DH snapped it while we were reading together..He gets sooo bored but I make him go every Sat...#2 colors at the table and Kaylee runs around chair to chair...#2 went to camp on Saturday...DH had tears in his eyes when the bus left..It was her first time ever away from home..I have called the camp every day and they say she is entertaining everyone and not missing home at all..It is a special camp for the mentally disabled so I was ok sending her..She will be home on Saturday....THings are better with me now...I was having "trapped" feelings at home..Not sure if I wanted to stay or move away..It is very hard raising other children when 1 doesnt like you and the other is a complete handful..The only thing is, I love DH and that is a bind and he is such a great husband..The thing that made me really hit bottom, was the birth of my neice..I started really missing the baby I lost in May...but, better now...

I am thinking of joining Curves..Lauren, didnt u do it once?? THey just opened right down the street so it would be convenient..I could even walk there...
I am at my almost target weight, but would like to firm up...I have been doing good eating..following the weight watchers points and not "picking" or finishing plates with the kids...
Well, gotta run...Kaylee is sick today and we are on the way to the MD...
Have a great one!!!
Lauren--great pic!! Petey is gettng soo big!!!
Hello all!!!!
RR

Last edited by RoadRunner; 06-23-2004 at 08:11 AM.
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 08:14 AM   #12  
LBH

Hi All,

RR, cute pic, she looks soo facinated! That's great that you can take her there every week and she'll sit there! Peter would have the place torn apart!

Yesterday AM our fridge died. I was pretty PO'd because I called my landlord last Thursday to tell her the freezer was dead! Sunday she sent her DH over to measure and look at it. I told him the fridge was not keeping things as cold as it should. When I dropped Peter off at daycare, I looked at his milk container and it was all separated and curdled! So I went home and called her and long story short, they were bringing one over later. I told her I didn't want them showing up at 10PM with it, because I didn't want Peter's sleep messed up. So I took a 1/2 day and emptied out the fridge, could only save a few things, like a package of cheese, eggs and some salad dressing. I was pretty PO'd that I had to dump an entire unopened gallon of milk!! It smelled OK, but it was not cold enough, and I'm sure it would've been curdled by last night. So thankfully they brought it over around 7PM. It's another old one, but newer than what we had.
Old 06-23-2004, 09:11 AM   #13  

Good Morning All!!

RR: Awwww. Such a cute pic. She's getting so big. Ugh. I hate these tantrums. Right now I can pick him up. When he gets bigger I'm not so sure. I think my patience is going to be greatly tested. It must be very hard when you have step kids. I wish I had words of wisdom for you. #1 has never come around? Maybe she just needs more time. Once she sees that you aren't going anywhere. Isn't she getting ready for adolescense (sp?)? She could be dealing with her own angst too. I bet if you guys can make it through this she will appreciate you when she's older. When she sees the positive influence you've had on her life. You do so much with/for the girls, I bet she's watching. She may not let *you* know, but I bet she's taking mental notes. Hmmm. Feel free to quote me back to myself when Alex is putting me through my paces!!

Lauren: Ugh!! That really sucks about the fridge. Milk is so expensive now I would really hate to pour out a whole gallon. Well, I got the pool filled up and man, is it funny looking!! Of course we couldn't avoid the slope so one side is almost straight up and down and the other side looks like it's supposed to with about 6" of extra material hanging out at the top. I hope it's sunny today so we can try it out. So far, it's not looking good.

Hello Jack, Lori and Tiki!!
Old 06-23-2004, 09:12 AM   #14  

Oops, I forgot. RR: I did Curves too and I *loved* it. I wish I could go now. I can't afford it, but they also don't provide child care so I couldn't go with Mr. Man.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:37 AM   #15  
LBH

Karen, I don't think you'll be making it in the pool today, it's only supposed to hit 84° or so, and since it wasn't warm yesterday, the water will be freezing!!

RR, yeah, I did Curves for a couple months and loved it. I am the kind of person that needs structure, I can't just go to a gym and "know" what to do. Here, all I had to do was join in and go around the circle 3 times! I didn't stick with it because I got PG with Peter 2 months after I joined, and although I could do it while PG, I was tired and then not feeling too well, and gave up. I argued with them for awhile, and they finally took 2 months off my membership, but I ended up paying for the whole year anyway. There's a new one around the corner from me, about 3/4 mile or so, but the same people own it as the one I went to and they PO'd me so I wouldn't join...even if I had the money to.

I'm glad things are getting better with you! Hope Kaylee's not too sick and is feeling better soon!