Old 05-30-2004, 08:15 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of ** May 30 **

Good Morning All,

We are going to the Philly zoo today. I'm just waiting for DH to get out of the bathroom so I can finish getting ready and then we are off. Alex has been up since 7. I miss those days when he would sleep until 9.

I hope you guys are having a great day and a super Memorial Day weekend!!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 09:25 AM   #2  

Good morning..........................

Karen: I remember those early wake up days with Brandon. His wake up time was 6AM every day. Now he sleeps until 8 or 9, which helps. Hope you guys enjoy the zoo!

I am going to spend the day at home, hoping to lay around and rest. Although I need to clean out the kitchen food pantry, so that's what I will probably do.

Hope you all have a good Memorial Day weekend.

Last edited by JackBlack; 05-30-2004 at 09:29 AM.
JackBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 10:27 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Karen, Oh I can't wait to hear how the zoo was! We're going to Sesame Place the weekend of the 19-20 to meet up w/ a couple of the girls from my Jan. playgroup board! Congrats to your friend! I'm jealous too, I am still thinking pink and DH is still laughing at me...

Jackie, hope things are OK with your mom. 3 pcs. of fudge isn't too bad...not like you ate the whole pan, right?!

Peter has been a pill lately. I thought it was his ears, but daycare says he hasn't been messing with them or acting like it, but he's been soo clingy. Wants constant attention, I can't get anything done. He's in daddy mode, it's all about DH most of the time, but unless one of us is constantly entertaining him, he's freaking out! I finally got him down for a nap about 15 min. ago.

Have a great holiday weekend all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 09:14 PM   #4  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Evening all...Soon to go to bed since I am working tomorow at 5am...Ahhhhhhh...I will be at work and DH will entertain his mom...
Kaylee walked the entire zoo...She was a trouper..sweated like a man and kept going!!!She has soo much energy!! Crashed out in the car on the way to the Aquarium and then was wide open again..She loved the fish..she was soo funny giggling at everything!! Of course, she slept the entire way home!!!Lauren--I am with U on the Clingy!!Those big molars comming in has changed her entire personality..Took her shopping today..OMG the wonderful little sundresses and sandles!! She ran all over the Old Navy and Dh chased her while I picked out stuff!!! DH gave me the entire Income tax check if I promise to buy me clothes!!! I think I am gonna do some capris and sandles..I tried at old Navy but they didnt have petit for Ms Shorty here...
WEll..off to bed..the CLingon has found me in the computer room!!!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 09:53 PM   #5  

RR: I love Old Navy! Matter of fact we went there yesterday and Brandon got one of the famous flag t-shirts. How nice of DH to let you have the entire income tax check so you can buy some clothes. Have fun shopping! I know what you mean about petite capris, I have some so-called capris, but they go to my ankles, because I am so short!

Lauren: You are too funny! It is that time of month and I was really tempted to make another pan all to myself today, but so far I have not done it.

Karen: Hello

Rabbit: Please let us know how the reunion was and if you can, post some pictures.

I was able to get things cleaned up and all the laundry caught up until 2 days from now. Also cooked a pot of homemade chicken and rice. I am so looking forward to having one more day at home.

Talk to you all later

Last edited by JackBlack; 05-30-2004 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-31-2004, 05:21 AM   #6  

THIS IS A SIN TO BE UP THIS MORNING AND GOING TO WORK!!!!wow..how did I do the 5am thing for 8 yrs??????? Life changes after little noochies are around!!! Today is weigh in at work...Hope I did as good as Rabbit!!!!
RR
Old 05-31-2004, 07:38 PM   #7  

Happy Memorial Day everyone!!! Hope you all are having a super day.

I went to Wal-Mart earlier to get some things we were out of. Other than that, just a boring lazy day. They are going to start painting our house a week from today. And then hopefully 2 weeks from today, they will install the flooring. It seems like we are never going to get moved in. Everybody is running so far behind.

RR: That is way to early to have to get up and go to work. Sorry you had to work today. How did your weigh in go?
Old 05-31-2004, 08:56 PM   #8  

Hi guys!!

Lauren: The zoo was great. It's not as big as the Bronx Zoo but it's not as expensive either. Well, BZ is free on Wednesdays. Anyhow, we were there for about 4 1/2 / 5 hours and didn't see everything. We got held up on the Turnpike by an awful wreck. They actually shut down both sides so the Medivac helicopter land. We saw the car and if the person survived they were extremely lucky. Back to the zoo, we bought a family + 2 guest membership so if you want to go, let me know. We can go together and it will save you at least $30.

RR: Yikes, I would not be able to function being up that early. I used to get to work at 6:45, but there's no way I could do 5:30! I hope you had a good weigh in. Have fun shopping.

Jack: How much longer on the house? I bet you can hardly wait. It's a shame it takes so long to build a house. It seems like they could do it much quicker!!

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:21 AM   #9  

Just a quick post again. I'm really bad about remembering to post. I spent the weekend in upstate New York for my little sister's graduation ceremony. She got her PhD in biochemistry with some sort of specialization that I've forgotten from one of the top three schools in the country for that, and is doing her post doc at Harvard doing some sort of medical research. I don't think she's ever going to stop going to school. It was 4 years undergrad, then 5 years for the PhD, and now 3-4 more years post doc!

The ceremonies were okay, there were only two 1-hour ceremonies so it didn't drag forever. There's a big veterinarian school on campus and in the stadium, I saw all the new doctors were waving what looked like inflatable swords. Turns out it was actually huge plastic gloves that go up to your shoulder that they tied off and inflated. They use the gloves for examining cows, uh, well, they need their whole arms protected for what they're examining. Ewwwwww. They were funny waving them all around in the ceremony, though!

Now I'm back home and have to go to work again. Ugh, work. I'm sunburned from this weekend, too, since it was cold I didn't think about the sun being out, so pretty soon my forehead and nose will be peeling. It was a fun trip, I suppose, but a lot of running around and long drives and airports and delayed flights and getting up early, so it sort of seems like I was cheated out of my true weekend of lazing about the house, too.
Scuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Old Navy does not make petite ANYTHING! I love their clothes but at 5'2, I would have to cut and hem everything except shorts.

My weekend was anything BUT lazy. I got two good bike rides in, one of them with my crew. DD, two of her girlfriends and I made shrimp and chicken kabobs. It was a lot of fun. I also got a lot of cleaning done, both inside and outside the house.

Football and cheerleading try-outs start today so we will be busy BUSY from now until mid-November. This is my first year coaching and I am super excited. I did a few cartwheels and round offs just to make sure the old girl still has it....and she DOES!

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 10:31 AM   #11  

Ugh, We are having the worst morning so far. DS has been up since before 7. He screamed the house down for his cereal. How do you explain to a 13 month old that the Cream of Wheat is hot? I cool it down with refrigerated Stage 2 fruit but he was having a full old fashioned screaming fit. Then we went to the grocery and OJ was on sale so I decided to get low acid/no pulp for him to try. Get home, give him 2 sips. Turn my back and the next thing I know he's screaming like he's scared to death. The poor boy had thrown up the OJ. Through his nose. Yuck, Yuck, Yuck. Then I go to clean us both up (he wiped his nose all over me) and for some stupid stupid reason I put him on my bed AND TURNED MY BACK. What the heck was I thinking? Of course he does a face plant right off the bed. At least his face landed mostly on a pillow. Ugh. I feel like an awful Mom today. And through all of this trauma he had on the pookiest diaper. I just can't do anything right today. Maybe we need to go back to bed and try getting up again.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:36 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Poor Karen,

There will be sunnier days as well when everything goes right. DS will grin at you with cereal stuck all over his face and then give you a big cereal kiss to let you know that you are the cats meow in his book. You will give him something new to try and be rewarded with a big grin and bright eyes because he is LOVING whatever it is that you just gave him. You will turn your back and then turn back around to see that he is trying to stand up on his own and although he may fall, he will land on the cushion of a fresh clean diaper. He will clap his hands in amazement on what he just did and you will feel like the BEST MOM EVER and you will want to repeat the day all over again.

That's what motherhood is - the good days and the bad ones and the love that doesn't change no matter which day you and he are having.

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 12:21 PM   #13  

hi everyone! I'm back. I had a great time at the reunion. I actually got home on Sunday but I was exhausted and ds was here for the weekend so I didn't get time to post until today. It was really fun seeing everyone and I had a blast. We took lots of pics and I plan to drop off the film today.

Rr - Sorry about the MIL blues! How long is she staying with you? ~ Hope your weigh in went well today.

Karen - I love to go to the zoo. You are fortunate to have more than 1 close to you.

Jackie - hope your mom is doing okay.

Scuttle - your sister certainly has had a lot of schooling. I think my ds would like to do that.

Tiki - oh, I would be afraid to try a cartwheel - although I admit I thought about it this weekend.

gotta run - hello to anyone I missed.

Rabbit
Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:17 PM   #14  

Hello.............................

Karen: Sorry you and Alex had such a rough day. If it makes you feel any better, today when I picked Brandon up from the summer camp, (keep in mind he will be 12 in July) he had a huge knot on the side of his head that just happened before I got there. Apparantly him and another child collided. He is fine now! So it goes to show you that no matter what age, things happen. There are times now when he will do something that just gets under my skin, so I can totaly relate to you.

Lauren: Where are ya????? How did your Dr appt go?

Rabbit: Glad you had a good weekend.

Tiki: Glad you were able to get some cleaning done this weekend. That always makes me feel good. Good luck with coaching! Sounds like you will be great!

RR, Scuttle: Hello

We decided to do McDonalds for dinner tonite, I know bad..................Brandon decides he must weigh before we go so that will determine if he needs to eat a hamburger or chicken nuggets. He has a certain weight he likes to maintain and whenever he goes over that weight, he starts cutting back. Needless to say, he ate a hamburger tonite because he was not over. I had to sit back and chuckle, it was rather cute. Maybe I need to start weighing before I chose to eat certain things so I can make a better decision. Sometimes you can learn something from your children.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:16 AM   #15  

Good Morning!!!
Tiki--Love your philosphies!!! Caartwheel?? NO way for me on that one!!!

Well..today is the last day of MIL..She leaves on Thursday...I did not lose anything this week partly because she has cooked, and taken us out to eat hundreds of times!! Ok..I could say no, but it is different!! I am back on the bandwagon today!!!Last night, it was a huge buffet...OMG.the food...I didnt do anything with carbs..but sort of OD'd on Sesame Chicken.plus didnt have dessert or go back for anything..soo maybe it was sort of ok...

Karen--I know what U mean about the bad mother thing...Sunday, we were looking at houses , I smelled the doodie diaper but she was sleeping..2 hours later she woke up screaming.. DH pulled over to the side, and I changed her and the doodie was liquidy(teeth comming) and had made her bottom scarlet red...She was screeching and tensing up and I felt horrible because, I didnt change her when it happened..
Hello to all!!!
Off to work!!!
RR