Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 07:48 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Kid Chat: Week of 10/12

Hey,

I'm feeling pretty much like a zombie here...Peter's getting tooth #9! He won't let me see, so I'm not positive if it popped through yet, but I think I feel it.

Hope you all are getting more sleep than me!!
Old 10-12-2003, 12:42 PM   #2  
Working on Weight loss!!!

good morning!!!
WE are on day5 of the "fever virus" like Petey had soo I am a zombie getting up every 3-4 hrs for tylenol/motrin and cool baths and irritable child and Teeth 3 &4 are comming together!!!
We can have a 3 way call in the middle of the night!!!!!
Gotta run!!Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
V
Old 10-13-2003, 10:33 AM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi guys,

Yep, I would be able to participate in that 3 way call. Alex has decided that he does not need to sleep at night. We were supposed to go out to a farm today with the Moms Club. We didn't get up until 9:30 and it was to start at 10:30. I just couldn't swing it. He was up until about 12:30 - I nursed him to sleep (finally!!) and DH put him to bed. He was up at 1:30 and DH just brought him to bed with us where he stayed. I wish we could get this sleeping thing down.

Lauren: Hope that tooth comes in soon. Wow, nine teeth. Is he biting during nursing? That is what I worry about with teeth.

RR: Sure hope she is feeling better soon. It must be sucky to be sick when you're so small.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:00 PM   #4  
LBH

Hi Guys,

Well, it's confirmed, tooth #9 has broke the surface!! It's his #2 molar on the lower left side. Funny that it's coming in before the #1 molar! DH just had a lemon italian ice and Peter ate most of it!! He gets the push up kind from BJ's (Luigi's). Hopefully that will keep him happy for awhile!

Karen, what size is Alex in? I have an outfit that my mom gave Peter a long time ago, but it's too small for him. It's overalls with a long sleeve shirt. Don't recall off hand what the design is, but it's cute. The size is 3-6 mo, but it looks more like 6-9 mo. Since I'm still not working, maybe we can get together one day this week?

So what do you think, I'm usually up at 12ish, 2ish, 5ish...and sometimes inbetween!

I changed Peter's room around again today. This time I cleaned it up enough to put the glider in there like I always wanted to. I'm hoping that keeping him in the bedroom at night when he wakes up will get him back to sleep without nursing.

RR, hope the teeth come in soon!
Old 10-13-2003, 09:53 PM   #5  

Hi guys,

Well, Mr. Brighteyes is up and playing at 9:45. Guess this is going to be a late night. Tried nursing and rocking. Didn't work. Ugh!! He's watching Overnight in Black and White right now. At least it's good TV!!

Lauren: He's in 3-6 month. He is outgrowing his pajamas already--in the feet!! His are getting to long. My boy is going to have big feet. He got a pair of Robeez about two weeks ago and he's almost out of them!! He had a thumb width of space when I got them!! He's growing so fast. We are available Thursday. Other than that it would be the weekend. That would be fine too.

We are going Wednesday to have 6 mos pics taken. I can't believe he is so old already!! I let him "chew" on a stalk of celery and a chunk of hard bread this weekend. He *loved* the bread. We are going to have fun when he really starts eating.

Hope everyone is having a great day.
Old 10-14-2003, 07:29 AM   #6  
LBH

Well, it was another bad night here. I think I saw every hour and then some. Peter was soo miserable. Didn't want to nurse, just cuddled and tossed and turned. I'm sooo glad I moved the glider in his room, this way it stayed dark, no interruption in environment. We run an air purifier in his room for noise, it's pretty loud, like as loud as a window A/C. He's been sleeping like that since he's been a couple months old. When it started getting cold, we didn't turn it on, because it blows a bit of cool air. So DH put a little heater fan in there. I didn't like that idea much, because it makes me nervous. Anyway, since I didn't have to take him out of the room, the noise level was constant and I think that helped.

Karen, this weekend is the Halloween party at the firehouse, if you want to dress Alex up and come up, that would be fun! All the kids dress up and we give out prizes for scariest, funniest/cutest, most original. Everyone gets goodie bags of candy and we have food. DH makes a "Scary Room" out of a big storage closet, it's really cool. DH usually brings all the kids down to see the firetruck and let the parents take pics. The firehouse is right off of Rt. 24, easy to get to, if you want. I think it starts at 1 and usually runs a couple hours. I'll let you know about Thursday later, if you can't do the weekend.
Old 10-14-2003, 06:29 PM   #7  

hi guys,

lauren: sat should be ok but i haven't cleared it w/dh yet. fil is having his defibrillator replaced on thur so barring any complications we should be able to come. we can reschedule for next week if things don't work out.

gotta go.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:24 AM   #8  
LBH

Hi,

DH really comes through sometimes! He sent me to bed early last night (before 7, I think) and fed Peter and put him to sleep. I slept from around 8:30 until Peter woke up for the first time at 12. Then I couldn't get back to sleep and he woke up again at 1:15, but just needed corking then. Finally fell back to sleep around 1:30, he woke up at 3:15, then again at 5:30. Nursed both times, then at 6:30, nursed again. Thankfully fell back to sleep and didn't wake up until my mom called and woke us both up at 8.

Karen, I'll PM you directions to the firehouse.
Old 10-16-2003, 02:09 PM   #9  

Hi guys,

Lauren: Got the directions. Thanks. Talked to DH last night and it should be OK. Pending any yucky outcomes from FIL's surgery. I think everything will be fine.

Alex had his first meal today!! Smashed banana mixed with breast milk. If he swallowed a 1/2 teaspoon I would be surprised. It seemed like everything that went in came back out. (Have you ever noticed how slimy smashed 'nana is?? EWWW. I always mix it with peanut butter so I had never paid attention.) I videotaped it and took a couple of stills with the video camera. The digital was in DH's car so I couldn't use it. I will get him to help me getting them onto the puter when he gets home so I can post them here. He wasn't too messy, it was mostly on his bib. I need to get some bibsters so I can just chunk them when we are done.

We have been pretty busy with the Moms Club this week. Yesterday we met for lunch at a Mexican place and last night the moms got together for Bingo. We had fun and DH got to keep Alex. I don't think he had so much fun!! Alex cried for about 1/2 hour I think. Tomorrow we are going on a hayride and pumpkin pickin.

Hope everyone is having a super day. It is chilly here today. We had to put the heat on this AM to take the chill off.
Old 10-16-2003, 03:33 PM   #10  
LBH

Karen, it sounds like things are really working out with the mom's clubl. That's cool. I think if I was able to stay home perm., I would look into something. The party starts at 1:00, btw.

I'm sure once Alex realizes how good bananas are, he'll love them!! Do you have a little baby food processor? Peter gives me attitude about chunks sometimes, and likes it better smooth. I usually mix up some cereal with applesauce and bananas in it and it gives me a fews days worth.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:15 AM   #11  
LBH

Hey All,

Wow, we've had two good nights in a row! Wed. night Peter went down around 9 and only woke up at 1:30 and 4:30, then 8:00! He napped from 10:30-12:30, then 3:30-5:00. We were at the firehouse setting up some stuff last night and got home a little before 9:00. I nursed him and off to sleep he went. Woke up at 1:00 and about 4:50, then 7:30. I sure hope this is a new trend of sleeping again! Maybe he'll start sleeping through again!
Old 10-17-2003, 02:27 PM   #12  

@#$#$&&...lost my whole post!!

Here is Alex with his first roll (I don't think there was any danger of him swallowing it or even getting any off!):
Old 10-17-2003, 02:28 PM   #13  

Here's after the banana:
Old 10-17-2003, 02:30 PM   #14  

And one more just cause he's so darn cute:
Old 10-17-2003, 07:20 PM   #15  
LBH

LOL!! Aww Karen, those are great!! I can't believe how much he's filled out, just since I saw him!!

I spoke too soon...Peter was a monster today...I was ready to give him away!! After much fighting, he slept for about 1.5 hrs. this AM. And he did not fall asleep again until about 10 min. ago!! I was soo upset, I took him out for a ride this evening to get him to fall asleep. He didn't, he whined and screamed the whole time. We went to KRU and got a couple sleepers, Cheerios kept him quazi quiet in there. Then he started screaming in the car again. KRU is less then 10 min. from home. I decided to stop in at the Children's Wearhouse that's about 5 min...or less from home to look at Christmas outfits, they didn't have any in his size (18 mo), so we got a turtleneck onsie that says Baby's First Christmas. He was OK in that store, because he was corked. He started again when we got in the car, but he fell asleep on the ride home!!! Did I mention it's less than 5 min. away?! Thankfully he stayed asleep when we got home. He briefly cried while I took his coat off, but he's out. Unfortunately he hasn't had dinner, so I'm sure he'll be awake before midnight. I'm not feeding him cereal then though, he's only getting boob.

Sorry, had to vent, it was a REALLY bad day.
Closed Thread