Old 01-02-2016, 11:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 263/258/175

Height: 5'7"

Default Does anyone else work in a restaurant?

I work around food all day and I get to eat for free. I know this is going to make things a little tough for me on my weight loss journey! I'm thinking of bringing in my own snacks and frozen meals because it's going to be much easier for me to track my food intake (I'm doing Weight Watchers). Anyone else have tips for resisting temptations?
fullhearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 12:44 AM   #2  

Hey! Once upon a time, I lost 75 lbs while managing a fast food restaurant...and I too got free food. The key for me was planning, planning, planning! Surprisingly, for a fast food restaurant there were some healthier options, and I very rarely brought my own food to work. I'm not sure if you have the luxury of preparing your own food at your work, but I was able to put my own spin on almost everything I ate. Wraps loaded with veggies and chicken, apples and yogurts from the kids meals, no salt, etc. That way, I tricked my mind into thinking it was indulging in the temptation when I was really keeping it low calorie. I probably didn't help you out much, but that's what worked for me!
Flannan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 01:39 AM   #3  
4th times the charm!

S/C/G: 215/175/140

Height: 5' 5"

Hi! I work around food....not necessarily all free but there's a lot and a lot of it is cheap enough. I like your ideas FLANNAN. I've been making my own mini meals for the week based on something I might want to eat at work but trying to make it healthy. Its so hard to resist snacking though. And for me, once I start I can't stop. What do you guys do to keep your will power up?
GoodyFay is offline   Reply With Quote