3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   **December Weigh-Ins** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/307290-%2A%2Adecember-weigh-ins%2A%2A.html)

HIheart 12-19-2015 01:15 PM

I'm having a hard time this month too. It's really hard when yummy food is always in your face. I know that's just an excuse, but my mind just isn't there right now. When I'm fully on game, I can still make better choices even when food is everywhere. I weighed in at 163.0 today, which is up 2 lbs from my lowest in Nov. the only thing stopping me from having packed on another 10 lbs is intermittent fasting, which I don't even have the willpower to do every day right now. But thank goodness for IF. My food choices are so bad!

it sounds weird, but I haven't been weighing daily because it's too cold and dark and Im always getting out of bed last minute now. I can't get an accurate weigh in if I'm wearing different clothes every day. I need to suck it up and deal with the cold an extra min until I get to the scale first thing in the morning! I honestly think since I know I won't be weighing and seeing my food choices affect the scale that it has a bearing on what I eat and willpower. Really weird right?! I need to get a grip on this simple little thing!

My goal is now just to not get higher than 163, so I just want to maintain until after The holidays. Hopefully if I weigh in daily, I'll get back to losing, but maintence is far better than not meeting any goals and still gaining

Kiwi, have you tried doubling the food anyway and saving it for another meal? I know some people can't do leftovers no matter what, but the ease of it when you're tired helps me avoid fast food. Or are you just not finding the motivation to cook in the first place? That's my prob most of the time!

Everything has a simple solution, it's just hard to actually follow through day in and day out

kiwi1222 12-19-2015 11:26 PM

This week I was just really bad at prepping. I actually love cooking but since the breakup its just been hard. What I have been doing is making grilled boneless skinless chicken thighs and cutting it up for the week for salads at lunch and then for dinner I'll do a couple chicken tacos. Ive just been unmotivated probably also bc I was sick all week. It's easy to get by with lunch bc I keep the pantry stocked with soup I can grab on the way out the door. I think I managed something healthy for dinner Tuesday night but when I got him Wednesday I was spent. Now that I write this post, I do think me being sick and not being able to prep for the week is what gave me this setback. Now I'm without "my" scale until the 27th so I'm working out like crazy and trying to keep the calorie intake under control so I see some results when I get back home

fitmama84 12-20-2015 05:59 AM

My weigh in

3 weeks ago I was 197.2, today I am 187.6! Hoping I don't gain it all back during the holidays lol. Going to try not to overdo it.

person12670 12-20-2015 09:07 AM

Its been a good month for me so far, went from 242 at the beginning of the month to 232 today! So I have reversed the weight I gained in November and then some. Now I need to have the willpower to keep it up over the holidays...

circa83 12-30-2015 09:16 AM

My December was a waste. In fact this whole year has been pretty pathetic compared to the progress I made in 2014. No screwing around in 2016. I'm hitting that goal, -30 lbs. New year means a new strategy. No more multi-month plateaus. No more fast gains that take me up to the obesity line after spending months trying to get away from it. I've got to be smarter about my food choices. The lifestyle change approach isn't giving me results anymore. I think I'm going to have to go on an actual diet.