Old 04-19-2015, 10:26 PM   #1  
kilo by kilo

S/C/G: 95.1/91.9/70 (209/202.6/154)

Height: 170cm

Default Today's the day the rest of my life begins - goal setting

Hi All,

I'm a 30 year old Brit living in Vietnam, venturing into the world of 3 fat chicks for the second time and determined this is the time I reach and stay at goal.

I am just back from a 3 week holiday so feeling refreshed and ready to make positive changes.

I weighed in this morning at 95.1KG or 209lb and have set a goal of 70kg/154lb so a total of 25kg/55lb

My goal 1 is 90kg by 11 may when I go on a trip to bangkok
goal 2 is 80kg by 15 sept when I will visit the UK
goal 3 is 68kg by 31 December to start 2016 at goal weight

I plan to reach my goals by thinking about my good and drink intake and making good choices; from now until 11 May I want a serious kick start with cutting out crisps/chocolate/unhealthy snacks/desserts completely apart from one treat item in a week. I will cut down to drink on only 1 day a week. I will make good choices for my three meals a day and attempt to plan healthy snacks, even though this is more challenging for me!

For exercise I plan to join the gym next door next week and complete couch to 5K on the treadmill and hopefully join some classes and swim too. I will aim to get to the gym three times a week. For this week I am going to use some strength exercise videos and home workouts and see how I get on with them, if I'm motivated then I may continue this way for longer and implement the gym later. I am also going to use the stairs more and walk more, but living in vietnam, the heat makes both of these things less than desirable!

I am going to start with daily weigh ins.

How do my goals sound? And my plan, although vague I hope it's enough to keep me on track!

I look forward to taking and giving support from this community again as I found it wonderful when I used 3 fat chicks previously.
stepbystep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:00 PM   #2  
kilo by kilo

Day two and weighed in at 94.7kg, great to be moving in the right direct especially after I made some poor eating choices last night before bed. The rest of the day was good though so I am looking at the positives and moving forwards.

Recipe planning for the week this morning and then going shopping, before cooking this afternoon, exciting! Have a great day everyone

Day 1: 95.1
Day 2: 94.7

Last edited by stepbystep; 04-20-2015 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:38 PM   #3  
kilo by kilo

Day three, weighed in a kilo down this morning at 93.7kg As much as I hoped for a big loss in this first week, I didn't imagine it would be this good... I am expecting it to slow down pretty soon but it is great motivation to keep on going!

Today's challenge is an 11.30am lunch date with my boss. I am going to be pretty easy on myself in terms of food for this meal as culture dictates today and will always dictate that I go to the restaurant of her choice and eat a load. If I let this worry me then my plan is not sustainable for life, so I am rolling with it.

What I have done is rejigged my other meals to help fit in with the timing. I am about to have breakfast - 7.30am then will make and take dinner to work to have at 5.30pm before I teach from 6-8. then I will have an evening snack of a rice cracker and banana smoothie when I get home at around 8.30.

Now the job is to stick to that, and to get some exercise in too.

Have a great day chicks!

Day 1: 95.1
Day 2: 94.7
Day 3: 93.7