Old 03-27-2014, 02:04 PM   #1  

Default I am BACK and in a better place!!!

Hi, everyone! This is my first post since 2011 and I'm glad to be back! So much has happened since then. I think the last time I was here I was on MRC (didn't finish the program; it was way too limiting for me) and just emotionally wasn't in a great place.

I gained more weight before starting Crossfit in July 2012 at 185 lbs. I loved Crossfit but in October of that year, my work scheduled changed drastically and I could only go 3 times a week, vs. the 5 times a week I was going, and unfortunately Crossfit wouldn't let me use my 3 day membership on Wednesdays. I was only allowed to go on Mon, Tue, Thur, or Fri (any of those 3 days), and I couldn't go on Tue/Thur, so I quit. Really, that was dumb of them! (Just this particular box; I know they are not all like that!)

Anyway, one of my favorite Crossfit trainers ended up quitting at the same time (I didn't know it at the time) and in January 2013, he started up his own workout program. I have been faithfully working out with him since then, for 15 months now. It's a good mix of cardio and weights, and reminds me a lot of Shaun T's Insanity. I love that it's something different every day and in spite of me constantly working out, he always finds a new way to make me sore! My 16 year old daughter and husband also do his program, and my 9 year old son does the kids program.

In June 2013, I had a hysterectomy. Let me tell you, I feel like GOLD since it's been done! My weight doesn't fluctuate anymore; I've been holding steady around 175.

I haven't lost a ton of weight from working out, but I eat horribly!!! I did drop from a size 12 to a size 8 from working out, but I did that in the first 3 months of my workout program and have just held steady this whole time. I've always known I had to change my diet but just didn't want to.

A couple of weeks ago, I read this blog post http://sophieologie.me/2013/09/26/1200-calories/ about calories, women, and fitness, and something inside of me just clicked. (Warning: link contains language that is offensive to some.)

I love being strong and I want to be even stronger, so I decided to eat cleaner. I'm kind of calorie counting, only because I want to know right now how much I'm consuming, but I'm trying to eat between 1500-1600/day because I want to be healthy, too. I've dropped to around 170 after just a few days of eating better.

I've been soda & alcohol-free for 12 days now and I've cut way, way back on my carb intake (I'm not going low carb at all, but carbs/starch/sugar was the majority of my diet.) I'm eating lots of protein and good fats and I'm so surprised at how full I've been! I've even had a hard time eating back all the calories I burn during workout, and the best part is I'm not eating empty calories just because I need more calories and I'm not "rewarding" myself with soda and dessert.

I can't tell you how much happier I am on my new plan. I don't even feel like it's something that should be a struggle to stick with because I feel so good!

I can't wait to get caught up around here and get to know everyone again!

ETA: Just updated my signature. I had my goal weight as 130, but I changed it to 150. I WANT to be muscular (from the blog linked above!)

Last edited by 1bighog; 03-27-2014 at 02:06 PM.
1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 231,5/220,5/122

Height: 5ft4

thanks for sharing, it's inspiring!
ika overeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

Sounds like you are doing fantastic! Congrats
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote