3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   200's and counting down... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/289896-200s-counting-down.html)

Terra1984 03-03-2015 12:57 PM

I'm 284 right now

Elyssa 03-21-2015 12:57 PM

I'm 285 and looking for 280 as my next goal. I go to the YMCA and work out for a half an hour 3 times a week. I'm looking into a medically assisted weight loss program at St. Vincent Bariatric in Indianapolis if anyone is close to there. It's called A Call to L.I.F.E. and it stands for Lifetime of Independent Food and Exercize or something like that.

Paulitens 04-20-2015 02:29 PM

I'm here... for the past months I have been in a pattern of diet, quit, repeat weekly, sometimes daily.

I am sick of it, and sick of just lacking the willpower I had a year ago when I was rocking my weight loss like it was nobody's business! :?: Until I reached my 20th week of pregnancy and got too Pregzilla to control myself. :(

So here I go... for the zillionth time, starting at 202.2 lbs and aiming at somewhere between 154 and 132. I know it's quite a margin but I know I look good and I'm healthy at 154 but 132 would be closer to my healthiest weight, so when I make it to 154, I'll play it by ear.

My goal for this year is to fit in my wedding dress again, because it's my 10th wedding anniversary in September.

:broc::broc::broc:

stepbystep 04-20-2015 09:10 PM

208.7 this morning.... back on the band wagon and hoping to lose the first 8.7 quickly and once again pledge to never be back in the 200s.... unfortunately when I stop focusing on being healthy my body seems to naturally fluctuate between 210 & 195 depending on how active and 'good' I'm being. As I've just had a two week vacation and overeaten for the whole winter I am hoping to lose my first two pounds pretty quickly, but who knows?!

Paulitens - good luck for getting and staying on it :) when's your wedding anniversary? I know what you mean about having a liquid end goal.... mine is basically the top of healthy BMI which I am determined to meet, but after that who knows if I'll be happy or not.

Paulitens 04-20-2015 11:10 PM

Hi Stepbystep -- my anniversary is on September 22nd. I know I'm aiming to lose a whole bunch of weight by then but it won't hurt to try. I should lose 46 lbs by then to kind of fit into my wedding dress. I've lost 40 lbs in ~4 months before, so I think I could pull it off.

I'm also hoping to get out of the 200s this week and never look back. Phew! what a journey we're in!

Here's to lots of losing!

:broc: :broc: :broc:

stepbystep 04-21-2015 10:05 PM

206.5 this am, big jump but know this is just water weight etc sorting itself out.... won't be changing my official figures until next Monday morning, but hoping to be well on my way tot he 190s by then.... that's what is keeping me focused this week!

I think having big goals is absolutely fine, as long as you're ready for not quite making it too and won't view that as a failure.

Seem to have found my food focus this week but execise isn't there yet. I have four days off work next week for some public holidays, so going to use those to kick start my exercise regime, I can't wait to feel strong :) For this week I'm focusing on changes rather than actual exercise. E.g. taking stairs walking places.

When do you weigh in? Looking forward to seeing the news you've made it out of the 200s!

Paulitens 04-22-2015 12:38 PM

Daily ups and downs are completely normal, stepbystep. You're doing the right thing not changing your numbers and not getting too stressed about your today's weight. That's why we're discouraged from weighing in every day. I do it because I can't help myself--if the scale shows me some love, it's a great pat in the back, if the scale disappoints me, it gives me motivation to keep trying for the next weight in.

:broc::broc: :broc:

On unrelated news, I was 196.8 this morning but I'll hang around here until my official weight in on Monday.

stepbystep 04-22-2015 09:06 PM

Paulitens I get that absolutely and love the accountability of stepping on the scales each morning. I do also like to 'officially' record a bigger number at the end of each week, so daily weigh ins but weekly recording works well for my motivation/determination.

I'm down another tiny bit today, if I keep moving in the right direction Monday will see week one being recorded with a big success, but we'll see!

Just enjoyed eggs on toast for breakfast. I planned it yesterday and looked forward to it and then found it delicious. I am trying really hard to make each meal an occasion and something to be savoured, something I don't naturally do with food and so far it's working out well :)

Have a good day :)

Paulitens 04-22-2015 11:48 PM

Isn't it exciting to plan your meals, or to get excited about cooking something because you know how nourishing it will be? I know it's such a nerdy thing to say, but really... I remember when I was "healthying" (not "dieting"! No sirree Bob!) last year, I got really excited to come up with my French toast omelettes, and to try and make vegetable everything. Most of it were flops but I had fun trying!

I'm going to head to bed and... I'm not holding my breath for tomorrow's weight in. I had to do things slightly different today, eat protein bars and shakes instead of my chicken breast and salad for dinner. Boo. Anyhow...

stepbystep 04-26-2015 10:50 PM

Hey Paulitens, hope you get a good weigh in this AM, sure you'll be scooting off to the 190s and I'll see you over there soon.

After a super start I rounded in 3 lbs down today, so 206.... determined to keep focused this week and start adding strength exercise too for toning up and working on balancing real life with good choices :)

Have a great week everyone, any other 200s 30 chicks out there?!

Paulitens 04-27-2015 03:20 PM

Hi stepbystep -- yes, this morning I was definitely in the 190s. I plunged into 195.4 last week (Thursday, I believe), and I was very excited but it was just a false alarm. :lol: I'm happy with 196.0 anyway...

Come and visit us in the 190s thread. I think both are very dead except for us. Hang in there and I'll see you soon!

stepbystep 04-28-2015 09:29 PM

Well done Paulitens, you are going great!

I'm down another lb today, so 5 to go before I get to 190s, at this rate we'll keep just about missing each other on these weight boards!

I would come to 190s early, but that takes away a lot of the glory of really making it! I'm back in the right direction today though and head is refocused, so hopefully catch up with you over there before you've gone!

Have a great day :)

EmilieMarie 05-02-2015 12:29 AM

I'm jumping in to this thread. At 205 today, can't wait to kick the 200s to the curb!

stepbystep 05-02-2015 08:53 AM

Hi Emilie,

Great to have you here :)

I was 202.8 this morning so really not hoping to be around much longer.... but you neither so we'll have a few of us in the 190s, yippeee!

Have a great weekend :)

squishysquirrel 05-03-2015 07:38 AM

Hey guys! I've been off this site for ages but decided to join again because having support helped the last time i lost significant weight. I've had 2 babies since (I have a 2 yo and 1 yo), so I've not been doing great with taking time out to exercise and eat right. Hoping to get down to 175 or less before we try for 1 more child. I started at 215, am currently 207.2, and hoping to be in the 190s in 2-3 weeks.