3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   200's and counting down... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/289896-200s-counting-down.html)

Skinnygirldreams 11-19-2013 03:26 PM

200's and counting down...

So I didn't see a thread for those of us in the 200/'s and thought I'd start one. I need some help staying motivated and people to talk to who are going through the same thing I am. I am coming back to the forum after too long of a break.

A little background on me... I'm 31 and my job is mostly sedentary. I'm a secretary at a hospital. I live with my boyfriend of a year and a half. I was doing great working out with a personal trainer twice a week calorie counting and then.... BAM... back to my bad habits. Started with my vacation to Mexico in August... then went to visit my brother in Virginia in September.. then came home and ended up doing physical therapy because my neck and back are kind of a mess....

I am recommitted and motivated. My boyfriend and I have been ring shopping, and I really want to look great when we do get engaged and have our pictures done and for when we get married. I also really just want to be HEALTHY!

Let's DO this!

skinnyki 11-19-2013 04:42 PM

Congratulations on the engagement exciting times! My significant other and I have been looking at rings as well so I can understand ur excitement. !! I too am looking for support to vet out of these 290s I'm on the other side of the scale but I just wanted to say congrats!! Wish u all the best!

Nae1985 11-19-2013 05:46 PM

Hi, for a while I have been struggling with weight issues and can't seem to stay motivated so I know the feeling. Im looking for motivation as we speak to continue my journey. Good luck with your progression.

:)

MandeLea 11-19-2013 08:43 PM

I've been kicking around in the 280's for what seems like forever. Each week I get close to breaking it, even hitting 280, but then I find myself making choices and choosing not to realize what impact it will have on my weigh-in, and bam, there I am. My decisions around food are definitely affecting my weight loss.

I've recently gotten back into tracking my calories, and I leave my food diary open to the public to help keep me accountable, but unfortunately don't have many people to look at it, so it feels like there isn't much of a risk. I've also been working with my FitBit, wearing it every day, so that I can identify where I'm doing well, and where I can stand for improvement.

Any other FitBit'rs out there?

Skinnygirldreams: Welcome back! Re-starting late is always better than never :).

skinnyki: I'm also on the opposite side of the scale, and looking to break the 280's. I've been there for months! I know what I have to do... Now to actually do it :) (i.e. baked sweets is a real trigger for me). I'm excited to have common goals!

Nae1985: I would second that, all the support we can get is much appreciated :).

Skinnygirldreams 11-30-2013 10:54 AM

Hey Ladies!
Thanks for commenting!
Skinnyki- looking at rings is fuuuuuun! lol Sean actually bought mine... now it is just the waiting game of when he will ask. We are kind of waiting for my brother to ask his gf of 5 years too cuz he bought the ring last week. It's taking him so long to make that step that we don't want to do anything to make him step back from asking her. We have been talking about getting married next winter. (bonus is that will give me plenty of time to drop some lbs!)

Nae1985- We can motivate each other! We got this. :)

MandeLea- I just started my calorie counter back up. Today is day 1. I use myfitnesspal. I'm going to start back with my personal trainer I'm thinking next week. It's too late to schedule for this week. She's pretty booked cuz of the holiday.
My plan is this week to just watch my intake. I'm at work today so I'm going to hit the salad bar for lunch. Dinner tonight is chicken, broccoli, and brown rice.

noshoes 01-12-2014 03:43 AM

Over 200 and obese. Need some support and encouragement.

Skinnygirldreams 01-12-2014 09:48 AM

Noshoes: I think a lot of us can relate. :( Keep you head up and feet going! We can do what ever we put our mind to! What kind of plan are you implementing to help you on your journey? I'm a calorie counter myself. I also am starting the T25 videos, and doing a 30 squat/push up challenge :)

noshoes 01-12-2014 06:18 PM

Thank you!
I am walking most days, c25k at least once a week, strength training some days (squats and push ups and planks mostly). Diet is a big element, I am eating more fruit, green smoothies and less processed food.

spunkystar01 01-17-2014 09:05 PM

Hi everyone :)

I had a starting weight of 259, and managed to get down to 218 before getting pregnant. I had my son 18 months ago and am just now getting back into the swing of healthy diet and exercise :/.

Currently I am 249. I'd like to pick up where I left off before having a baby and start getting fit again!

irinaelenav 01-18-2014 03:51 PM

hello there i am back(if anyone remembers me) trying to gwet the motivation to restart the diet. i have a hard time at work due to lack of time( at home to cook and at work to stop and eat right) to eat like i should. cause i dont have time i grab some bread and eat it like in 2 second and go back to work. help. hihi good luck to all that are doing the diet. trying to start.

Paulitens 01-29-2014 08:48 PM

Congrats on the engagement! I was wondering the same thing -- where IS the 200s thread? Insane.

Anyhow, I'm on the same boat weight-wise. I started last week at 209, I'm down to 204-ish and I want to say buh-bye to the 200s. Ugh. I hate them with a passion. But patience and hard work will get me there. Patience, mostly. I'm not very patient with this kind of thing.

Skinnygirldreams 02-01-2014 01:03 PM

Hey Ladies!
So, I have tried to behave this last week. I dont think I've been doing too horrible. lol I dropped 3 lbs since the last time I weighed in. ( not too much considering it was a about 3 1/2 weeks since I weighed last, buuuuut it's a lower number so I'll take it! lol) 209 now.
Tried to be smart today...
Oatmeal for breakfast
packed a lunch for work: mason jar salad with greek yogurt blue cheese dressing (lower cal and delicious!) and a cup of Turkey chili.
For snacks I packed a yogurt and a cottage cheese so what ever I'm feeling like eating I'll pick.
Dinner tonight is going to be Salmon, Brown Rice, and a cucumber salad. :)

Spunky- Congrats on the baby! Lets kick the 200's butt!

Irina- Welcome Back :) We can do this!

Paulie- Thank you :) You wont be here for long! You'll be in the 190's before you know it!

Paulitens 02-04-2014 10:23 AM

I didn't struggle much last week because I'm not a football fan and neither is my husband, so we didn't have any tempting Superbowl food around the house, hehe! It was awesome.

Funny that you mention I won't be here for long! Yesterday was my weight in and I weight 200. Then I took a shower and got ready to take my weekly picture and double checked my weight, and it was 199.4! Then I wanted to make sure (I know, crazy, I should have ran with that weight LOL), and it was 199.6. Upset that it was not always the same number, I checked a gazillion other times and it was always 200. Either my scale is running out of batteries or... who knows. So hopefully next week I will be out of the 200 club and back to Onederland. :)

Skinnygirldreams 02-10-2014 11:28 AM

Thats awesome Paulitens! Bummer you wont ve around this group anymore (for me) lol But fantastic for you!

npotyonek 02-10-2014 07:45 PM

Hi everyone. Im also in the 200's. Sucks! But we are doing something about it! Last week I weighed in 219.4 getting me out of the 220's. I was very happy but I'm nervous I will have a gain this week as I haven't had one in about 6 weeks! Looking forward to getting to know you all.

npotyonek 02-12-2014 12:07 PM

Well as I suspected, I gained 1.8 this week. I ate out 3 times and went fat kid with them all! Also had more wine than normal. Plus some snacking I did not record. It had been 6 weeks since my last gain. So here's to my only gain for another 6 weeks and a series of loses to come. I did WW back in 2005 and had a pattern of gains every 4-6 weeks as well. Im ready for a butt kicking week!

Skinnygirldreams 02-12-2014 02:46 PM

Welcome npotyonek! congrats on the weigh in moving you outta the 220's! I really need to get my butt in gear... my sister is getting married in 3 months on the beach of key west... I would love to lose 25 lbs by then... we shall see!

npotyonek 02-13-2014 09:13 AM

You can do it skinnygirldreams! stay focused! What plan are you following? Oh and thank you!
Natalie

Skinnygirldreams 02-18-2014 11:46 AM

I'm pretty much calorie counting and trying to practice moderation/ healthy choices. :) I'm going to start back at the gym on thursday. Today and tomorrow it wont happen since I work 7a-730 pm.

jendiet 02-19-2014 12:04 AM

hey there another postpartum 200s girl. I am 34 and had my 3rd 2 months ago. My SO and I are on the verge of splitting up, and I need support too. My main motivation is myself. I want to look good to myself.

I am glad to see you started a thread we can come gather in.

I also have a habit of binging when I am upset, and that is terrible for weight loss--so having an out is a nice thing too.

I am NOT good about keeping up with posts, so no one get offended. The ones I did catch were.

skinnygirl: congrats on the engagements!

noshoes: we are in this together.

irina--I REMEMBER you.

npo: just hit a mental reset and keep going.

npotyonek 02-19-2014 09:02 AM

Welcome back Jendiet. Thanks for the kick in the butt! Its exactly what I need after weigh in this morning......gained .2 lbs. I know its not much but I do not need this to become a trend! I have not had 2 gains back to back since getting back on ww. Its been 15 weeks. I think Ive gotten too relaxed and need to get the scale back out along with the measuring cups. Time to tighten up and follow 100%. I need a 3 lbs loss! Summer is coming!

How are the rest of you ladies doing this week?
Nat

jendiet 02-19-2014 10:30 AM

well, I started off today right. I did not sleep though. I got about 4 hours between the baby and my own insomnia.

I finally stopped trying to go back to sleep at 7 am. Went for a walk up and down some steep hills for about 20 minutes, then I did some light exercises, lunges, squats, counter push ups, and a 20 second modified plank.

good and good. So I was supposed to make a shake today for breakfast.

Laying in bed I got hungrier and hungrier. the combination of the workout + walk--made me starving for protein.

So instead I had about 3 eggs, 2 sausages, pepperjack cheese, turnip greens, 1/2 glass milk.

I figure I should just change direction..and do lower carb today. So I am going to shoot for a maximum of 100 NET carbs. I switch up my diet routine often...years of experience has taught me this is effective. One approach that worked well for me...and ended up helping me get pregnant inadvertently...was high carb, low carb days.

npo, my scale is like a roller coaster for me, and it is just me because my toddler weighs daily--he likes to do it with mommy--I gain and lose 2-3 lbs a day. although since I cut wheat out it has been more steady--unless I eat chinese food. which has some wheat in the sauces.

Skinnygirldreams 02-19-2014 12:08 PM

Jen- Congrats on the good start to the day. Welcome to the group!

Sooooo my work is going to start a biggest loser competition. the goal is to lose bmi. wish me luck! I wanna win :p

Tomorrow my boyfriend is going to sign up at my gym. Hopefully this will get us both back modivated. He likes to do 5k's and did his first half marathon 2012 summer. i'd love to be able to do a 5k, but don't know that running is ever in my future due to my plantar fascitis.... I walked one last year.

Side note.... I can't wait for summer to start bike riding! These last two days it has been upper 30's lower 40's .....It feels like a heat wave after all the polar vortex weather Illinois has had!

jendiet 02-19-2014 07:00 PM

Skinny girl thanks. Yay on the gym membership. I can't run due to my feet either but I have a pink seven speed cruiser I hook my 2 year olds wagon up to and ride around.

Today was 75! So pretty. Got out the double stroller and braved that hill. Down was a little scary at first...I kept checking on the baby...up was terrible! But I made it... And I feel good. A little nauseated from the headache I got today...

Low carb makes me feel a little sick to my stomached and the coffee didn't help either.

jendiet 02-23-2014 02:30 AM

Seriously? I was hoping our group would interact more. After two 12 hr night shifts and my cheat day was yesterday night cuz a coworker ordered pizza. I feel out of sorts with my eating. I took to he hills literally this afternoon and got a workout but my eating is all over the place.

Skinnygirldreams 02-23-2014 09:17 AM

Hey Jen. Sorry for the lack of response! I've been sooo busy with work and school :( I've also had my nephew that last 4 days. I also work 12 hour shifts, but I do day shifts.

75 degrees.... man I'm so jealous! I'm longing to the for above 50 consitstantly!

jendiet 02-23-2014 08:01 PM

Skinny--you do have your hands full..sorry. Yeah we had another 70 degree day today. I went shopping for about 4 hours though--tired from that.

npotyonek 02-25-2014 01:05 PM

Hey girls! I had a long weekend and my DH was out of town! I caught up with a few friends...did alittle shopping and cleaned the crap out if my house! Oh i also walked my dog 2 times because the weather finally broke into the 40's & 50's. BUT its snowing again today! Im praying for a loss tomorrow! Please please please get let me get back under 220! Its been 2 months now....I caught a glimps 2 weigh ins ago then back up! If Im not back down.... Im in for along road! Fingers crossed y'all! no wine for me tonight and adding a nice salad to leftover homemade pizza!

xRiotGirl 02-25-2014 01:42 PM

Oooohhh congrats on the engagement! Love is such a wonderful thing! :cloud9:

Anyway, I haven't seen Onederland since I was 18, and I miss it. About a year ago I got thiiiis close to making it - down to 205, in fact - and then I made the dumb decision to 'take a break' over the holidays. That break costed me 12 months and 15 pounds. So I came back here about a month ago, back to square one, and I need to break the barrier this time. If only to prove to myself that I can. P.S. Successful so far! 6 pounds down, and looking to lose more :p

npotyonek 02-26-2014 07:50 AM

Very dissapointed! I gained .6 lbs. That 3 weeks of straight gains! Headed to the grocery store this morning to pick up some stuff. I guess I need to switch out some lean quisines to salads. DH wants salads too so Im going gormet. You know strawberries, apples, crumble cheese, lean protein and olive oil & vinegar! I feel like ever since I stocked up on the lean qusines for lunch I have not lost. Or am I getting too relaxed? Im soooooo bummed! Any suggestions? This is not a platau... Im only down 12 lbs with 45 to go.

noshoes 02-27-2014 05:58 PM

Under 200, didn't think it would happen so soon. I have lost a lot this month due to eating vegan. I was losing before especially when I gave up processed food but eating vegan is so much better for me. I think my body loves holding onto fat so eating very little has made a difference.

Sorry for not being supportive. I know how much I appreciate it. I do read the posts but cannot keep up. I am trying to visit this forum at least a few times a month.

xRiotGirl 02-27-2014 07:08 PM

Weigh in day is tomorrow...I'm afraid to know. I went over my calorie budget yesterday and haven't had a sip of water in 2 days (I'm fighting a cold, and I don't know if it's just me but water when I'm sick is seriously like the worst feeling/taste ever). I'm sure there will be some water retention to pay, bleh!

npotyonek 02-28-2014 11:51 AM

Noshoes.... Thats fantastic! How exciting! Thats motivates me even more to get on the salad train! How many calories or points do you all spend on a salad? What do you like in your salads? Personally...I LOVE crumbled cheese. Strawberries instead of tomatoes and a lean protien!

Skinnygirldreams 02-28-2014 12:40 PM

Noshoes - Congrats :)
Riot- Welcome :) We got this!
npotyonek- have you tried the greek yougurt type salad dressing? The Opi has blue cheese and ceasar salad dressing are delicious!

Jen- whew! spent the week working, and taking care of my nephew. I also had a friend move in with her 2 kids this last week. Paaaaaacked house!

Skinnygirldreams 03-01-2014 09:01 PM

Tried and true recipes...

I though maybe we could share some of our favorite recipes...

I made this tonight and it was delicious! http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/08/c...-zucchini.html

I love this website. I don't think there has be a recipe I haven't liked yet. Personally I calorie count but it has all the facts listed including new and old WW points.

npotyonek 03-03-2014 11:35 AM

Skinny.....these recipies look sooo good! My DH does most of the dinner cooking so I have to either get him to try one or I take on the cooking for that day. The stuffed chicken looks really good. I usually stuff mine with green giant creamed spinach... Yummy!

GoneNatural 03-03-2014 03:28 PM

Hi we'll I'm not in the 200s anymore but you can make it. I'm striving to get out the 90s. I just made a mini goal!

Skinnygirldreams 03-03-2014 07:48 PM

Way to go natural! Nopotyonek- it was ... Try the avocado black bean cucumber salad one if you like those things it's amazing!

npotyonek 03-04-2014 01:33 PM

I think i messed up my chance to see a negative this week! Grrrr. started out fresh hot McD' s fries that a coworker brought for us all to have some. I think i might have ate half the large. Then After a sensible dinner I finished off the bottle of wine sitting on the counter. Followed by allowing my DH to give me hummus & begal chips! I have one day a week I go crazy and I was so close to getting through the week on track! On a positive note.....my pants have been feeling looser than last week. I have not had a loss in 3 weeks...really need one! stupid fries!

npotyonek 03-05-2014 07:37 AM

Im so excited!!! I finally got my first loss in a month. I am 3 lbs less chubby! Lol! that gets me below 220! Im here to stay as I have some catching up to do! The salads are going well. Skinny I have not tried the yogurt dressings because I grew up on olive oil & vinegar so I dont really care for the heavy dressing. I like kens vinegar based dressings.