Old 02-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #1  

Smile Qsymia

I am set to start Qsymia in about 2 weeks. Has anyone started with this medication? How is it working? I have to stay, I am nervous, but I can not stop eating, I am starving, and I stress, bored, happy eat. It's ridiculous, I'm 215 now and 5'7, so I do have a good amount to loose. I'm a stay at home mom with 5 kids, 3 are 2 year old triplets, I have always struggled with my wieght, but never like this. Just so your aware as to why I choose this path......... So please, share your experience?
Tripletmplus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:33 AM   #2  
This is the last straw...

S/C/G: 360+ / 341 / 280

Height: 6"

I have been on it about 2 weeks now, and am down about 13 pounds. I have taken Topamax for Migraines before, but at a much much higher dose. I don't have any of the side effects at this dosage. At the higher dosage, I had the tingling and memory issues, but that was a really high dose 3 times a day. So far, I have none. I am on the 7.5/46 dosage. It is expensive though. That is the only drawback. However, I will continue to take it as long as I see results. $160 a month is a lot, but I am taking this time to try and let the meds help me make better decisions. So ya, I don't eat great, but I try to make better decisions at each meal. And I hope that over the next few months, I can learn to make better choices when it comes to food. I will tell you, that you will not want to drink sodas or anything carbonated. It will taste like crap. That is from the topa part of the pill. And alcohol.... dont even think about it. I tried it once, and threw up. Topamax is also given to recovering alcoholics. It completely squashes the urge to drink. And IF you do have a drink, it can make you sick. So... just a warning. Feel free to message me with any questions about the side effects I had while on full high dosage. They really werent that bad... In fact, I'd take that over being fat any day.

Wow, Trips. My friend has trips. And every day, I wonder how she does it.
DRAFTROBIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 228/213.8/150

Height: 5'7

I do not take this medication, but wanted to say good luck! 5 children and 3 of them triplets.. Wow! You must be on busy lady!
We are the same height, and I started at 209, so I know how you feel about the long way to go. Good luck to you!
Skinnygirldreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #4  

Thank you ladies for your responses, I appreciate it! Draftrobin I still haven't received it, a bunch of insurance this and that, but I got notice it was sent today. It's covered for me and I only have a copay of 40 bucks for a 3 month supply I believe? Unless it 40 a month. You are right, it doesn't matter what it cost, if I can figure out how to afford it, I will! I need this, and I pray it helps me as it has helped you. I can't believe I still haven't been able to stop shoving food in my face all day. I never feel full and crave carbs and chocolate like an addict. So, thank you, thank you thank you for your fed back it gives me hope. Skinnygirldreams,mew do have very similar stat's. Your progress will hopefully encourage me enough to say no to all,of this Easter candy!!!!! I would love to be in onederland!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #5  
This is the last straw...

S/C/G: 360+ / 341 / 280

Height: 6"

At exactly the 2 week mark, I am down 17 lbs. I have been trying... "trying being the keyword" .... to keep track of what I eat. On the days I manage to do so, I notice that I am falling short of my caloric needs, so I am actually having to force myself to eat some extra snacks. My husband says that the quantity of food I consume in an entire day is less than what I was doing at a single meal. And I feel full constantly. Still no side effects. Other than the good one.
DRAFTROBIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:03 AM   #6  

That's amazing, congratulations,
Old 04-07-2013, 10:41 PM   #7  
Hang In There

DRAFTROBIN You give me hope. I am on day 4 and so far have not really been able to tell the pills are doing anything at all for me. When my Dr prescribed the meds I started tracking my food and watching what I eat, so I have lost about 4 pounds. I am committed to taking the full month of Qysmia because I've got $160.00 invested in it. So maybe the will work and I'll loose more weight.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #8  

Well, I still have not received my Qsymia. And it will cost me 100 a month I'm now told however, I was wondering Draftrobin, what's your maintains dose? I'm doing the starter at 3.75 then 7.5, however I'm hearing to really see results you need to be in the higher doses? Plus, please update me, how are you doing?
Old 04-09-2013, 01:39 PM   #9  

Maitance dose
Old 04-09-2013, 10:06 PM   #10  
Hang In There

I made my post on Sunday night. I said I could not tell that they were doing anything. Monday morning I weighed in and I had lost 3 pounds!!! So I guess they were doing something after all. I will weigh again on Friday and I will report in again. I am still disappointed that I am still getting hungry late afternoons and at night. Of course that could very well be because of habit as much as actual hunger.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #11  

Great job ageoldie!!!!!!!!!!!