3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   **Kid Chat - Week of 4/27** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/27055-%2A%2Akid-chat-week-4-27%2A%2A.html)

LBH 05-01-2003 11:44 AM

Hey,

Petey's doing great. He's his happy self (finally, it only took 3 months!) :rolleyes: The Ped. said he's got a little cold, but nothing to do about it. He also said that there's nothing that can be done right now about his bump. The softness could be either blood or spinal fluid, neither of which is dangerous. It may get rock hard again as it heals. If it gets bigger, call, then they'll do a skull xray, to finda hairline fracture. :( We saw the Ped. I liked, not the one that called me back initially...I call him the pervert because he talks to your chest, not your face!

I still feel bad about what happened to him, don't think I'll feel better until the bump is gone and he's in the clear. :( I can't imagine how DH feels, if I feel this way.

I've been on Reglan since yesterday AM, so hopefully that'll kick in today or tomorrow and get my supply going. I'm trying to make an effort to pump every 2 1/2 hrs., so I get the boobs in gear! :lol:

Karen, how's it going? DH get pics up on the site yet?? Tell him to hurry!! :lol:

Ellie120 05-01-2003 04:49 PM

Karen - I just wanted to let you know that Blue Bunny has some really good SF ice cream treats. They a little high in carbs for me but DD is in heaven :) I got her the SF Ice Cream Cones, her favorite and the bars with the little crunchy things on them are pretty good too.

LBH - Glad to hear Petey is feeling better :)

Ellie

KarenK 05-01-2003 10:04 PM

Hi guys,

I am exhausted! I did get some sleep last night. Instead of being noble and trying to do it all myself I asked DH for help. It was also the first night I could sleep on my side so I was more comfortable (anything is better than sitting up all night long). We went out and bought a rail for the bed so I don't have to worry about the baby falling out of the bed. I have a high four poster that would cause serious injuries if I fell out, never mind Alex.

Lauren: The pictures are at Ofoto right now and I'm not sure about the rules on posting that link. Would it be allowed? I am glad that Petey is better. Hope it keeps up!!

Ellie: I don't have to do SF any more. Thank goodness. It all seemed to make me so gassy. I don't know if it was a combo of being pg and sf stuff or what.

RR: Sleep deprivation had me a total weepy mess. DH was terrified I was loosing my marbles I think. I would start crying and not be able to stop for hours. Kaylee sounds so cute.

Liz: NOT ME!!! I decided when I was lying in the hospital bed in tears because of the pain that I was NOT doing this again. I'm too old!! :) :p

I had my staples out today and the incision is a little less stingy. Still not terribly comfortable, but better!! I have to go back next week for another check.

Tomorrow we are going to DH's office for lunch. They had planned a surprise lunch for him because he was supposed to be
back at work and then I begged him to wait until Monday. I'm not ready to be alone yet!!

Hope everyone is having a super evening.

LBH 05-02-2003 09:59 AM

Hey Gals,

Karen, sure, you can post a link to the pics. The weepiness will not end yet...get through the first 6 wks., then it'll taper off. Hopefully Alex will not be colicky. How is DH doing with him? Is he getting the hang of fatherhood? That's great that he's helping you...did he give him a bottle. I'm glad you're getting sleep, but just remember, even if DH gives him a bottle during the night, you still need to pump, so you're not engorged in the AM, and so you don't lose any of your supply! :) That's the only problem with DH's helping. :( Personally, I'd rather DH give him the bottle in the evening, while I pump, and nurse him during the night. Peter nurses sooo much faster than he drinks a bottle. He's done in less than 10 minutes, when he gets a good latch! Bottle take twice as long usually.

I bought a new nursing bra at Motherhood yesterday. It's a snap in the middle kind, and I love it!! I swear they make the sizes smaller though..I've been wearing a DDD (pre-pg was DD), this one I bought yesterday is an F!!! :eek: I was like, Dear Lord, what has become of me?!?! I tried the E (which is the same as DDD), but it didn't quite cut it. It's soo nice and stretchy and lays flat in the middle, I don't even feel like I'm wearing a nursing bra! :D

TGIF girls!

RoadRunner 05-02-2003 06:46 PM

Hello girls..WEll..me made it through the shots...OMG..she didnt even cry..just screached when the 4 needles went in and then grinned as I breast fed her immediately to make her happy..She has been irritable all evening but asleep in my lap now..
She weighs 13 lbs now and the MD said she is below average but since her height and weight are proportionate that it was nothing to worry about.. SHe wants us do increase to 4 tbles rice cereal twice daily over the next week soo that she will get her daily iron requirements and then at 5 months, start yellow veges for 2 weeks then green ones and then at 6 months start fruits until she is up to 1/2 jar fruit, 4 tlbs cereal in the morning and 1/2 jar veges and 4 tbls cereal in the evenings and doing the breast feeding in the middle every 3 hrs or so...She was above average in develpmental growth...she was shocked that she was turning soo well and can lie on her tummy and stay with the head up for such a long time..She even pulled herself to the front of the table and made the MD laugh..I showed her how Kaylee can sing..and she giggled the whole time..My baby..I just love her!!!!I honestly think..she will be my only child cuz I can give her more if I stay with just one..esp having 2 more at home..I cried today thinking about not having another..so who knows.....

Karen---Stay strong..the weepiness will last up until at least weeks..I am sooo glad we have great men to get us through!!!

Lauren--Glad Petey is better...Did U take a pic of that goose egg????Hug DH....
Off to cook and wash clothes..That augmentin made her have the diarrhea through 3 sets of clothes at the daycare today....
Vicki

LBH 05-02-2003 09:54 PM

Wow, Vicki, she's really growing up!! :cry: Doesn't it just kill ya'? No, I didn't take a pic of it yet. My FIL&MIL were babysitting for a couple hours tonight, and my FIL said that'll probably be there for a couple months!! :eek: I was hoping it would go away within a couple weeks.

Have a baby shower to go to tomorrow afternoon, then to mom's with Peter and up to see Gran at the rehab. She gets out on Thursday. She's not real happy about it, wanted out on Sunday, but they won't let her. She's doing really well though, just needs to be up walking the halls with the walker or cane and Gramps.

Sunday we have to clean out Mom's garage...it's got all my crap in there that i didn't take when I got married, so now i have to get it out for a garage sale.

KarenK 05-03-2003 09:23 AM

Good Morning All,

Well, I have had a very needy boy since 5:30 this morning. I'm not sure what is going on, he wants to nurse continuously and sleep being held. I have resorted to the pacifier again. Please tell me he can't continuously be hungry!!

I have every symptom of way overdoing it so I am going to try to rest today and give my body some more healing time. One of my problems is a plugged milk duct. The book says to go without your bra when you can. So last night I did. I woke up with my entire night shirt soaked in milk!! I thought I had been sweating and couldn't figure out why because it was so COLD here! I got up to go to the bathroom and figured it out when I saw it in the light!!

We are going to be working on the website today so I will post the link just as soon as we are done!!

Lauren: Have fun cleaning out the garage. Ouch. I am so glad I don't have to do that. Hope you at least make some money at the sale.

RR: Too cool that she is being so cute!! DH is waiting for Alex to start interacting a little more. I told him it wouldn't be long.

OK, DH has managed to break a plate and the blender decanter while I've been on here. Guess I need to go supervise. Sigh. Oh well, at least he is trying!!

Have a great day!

KarenK 05-03-2003 10:14 PM

Hi again.

Pictutes!!

www.ajk.apkweb.com

Been a long day. I haven't been able to put him down for the past eight hours. How on earth do you guys do this?