3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   Exercise Accountability (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/263105-exercise-accountability.html)

Wolfshadow 08-14-2012 09:45 PM

@ChubbyGirl253 - Yeah, I will. It's at least worth a shot.... .. now I have to try to find my cover letter for my unemployment and my award letter for food stamps... I .. tend to lose stupid things like that. >< Thankfully my pool is open until the 19th so I still have time to secure the papers. I'll go looking tonight, I have a few ideas of where they could be.

@ThousandSunny - Thanks! Yeah, upping the breath capacity is something I really want to work on, and I think it's been helping me with my nightly walks with the dogs. Mom and my sis have noticed I'm keeping up with them more, and I've started to notice that sitting down too much or for too long makes my back hurt.. now I HAVE to get up and move around or else I'm miserable!

So last night we went walking at the usual 4 AM, we got back around 5:30, but part of that is because we stopped a few times to get the dogs untangled from each other.

Went swimming today from 4 PM to 5:45, so got a bit over an hour and a half in. Did some more laps, some butterfly and some normal swimming, but also did a lot of kicking under water, some breath holding, and the like. My new tag along, the exuberant boy from yesterday, was there yet again today and insisted on splashing me as soon as I hopped in the pool. ...and somehow has the ability to actually scream like a girl under water. (No, seriously. I was starting my first lap, and I was under the water... and I hear SCREAMING. I look to my left and there's the kid, screaming at me as I pass him, totally under the water like I was. If I didn't have goggles I wouldn't of seen this but.. oye vey.) And of course, he followed me almost the whole way home on his bike. Thankfully this nonsense will stop when the pool closes on the 19th. 9_9 Ah well. He kinda reminds me of my brother in law so it doesn't bother me much honestly. Why he's got such a fascination with me is anybody's guess, I assume it's because I'm fat and he thinks a fat 'old lady' at the pool is funny, but eh. It's not like he's said anything overly harsh or anything so it's fine. (Besides, it wouldn't be the first time anyone's said anything so I would probably just shrug it off like normal.)

Will be taking my walk with the pups around 12:30-1 AM today instead of 4 AM like normal and then we'll be going to bed. You ladies have a nice night and I'll catch up tomorrow!

alaskanlaughter 08-14-2012 10:09 PM

it was a rough day today...traumatic in a way...on the main road that leads past our school playground, there was a fatal motorcycle crash...i had been watching the road to see my DH ride his motorcycle back to work...i went inside for a moment and the staff immediately closed the playground and moved the kids inside, telling me there had been a motorcycle crash...all i could think about was if it was my DH...i dont think i even THOUGHT, i just ran back out across the playground, out the gate to the street....it looked just like his motorcycle and the body was covered on the sidewalk...all i could see was his feet and no one should EVER EVER have to look at a dead person's feet to know if it's their husband's...i'm still horribly shook up...and DH is fine...RIP motorcycle rider :(

mortonpixie 08-14-2012 10:27 PM

Oh, alaskanlaughter, I'm so sorry that you had to go through that today!! I'm glad hubby is okay, but sorry for the person that died and their family. :(

Wolfshadow - you must just be someone that children like! <3

The Teen started High School today and I started home school with our 5th and Kindergardener. I had 2 pre-schoolers and a toddler today as well...did lower body weights and a short swim at the Y this evening. Felt good. Amazingly busy day tomorrow - Wednesday becomes my new rest day during the school year. I go right from bidding farewell to the last daycare child to church to welcome the kids and do AWANA until time to go home, get kids to bed and fall in to bed myself!

Peaceful evening to you all!!

Thistleberry 08-15-2012 09:33 AM

I'd worn new shoes this weekend hoping to break them in. As usually happens, they broke my feet instead. My heels are all bleedy and painful no matter what shoes I wear now. Le sigh. Anyway, so I really wanted to go on my 5k jog yesterday but since I'm not especially masochistic I just walked it instead. It was a nice change.
Bodyflow tonight. Yay for barefoot exercise!

Thousandsunny 08-15-2012 01:22 PM

@Thistleberry: I feel your pain! My Nikes did that to me when I got them and wore them the weekend of Anime Boston (it's 2 solid days of walking). My poor ankles... at least now they fit really well!

I need to go shopping for a birthday gift tonight and I think I might end up doing sit-ups/push-ups at home in the living room because I'll be pressed for time but besides sit-ups and such, what else do you guys do at home? Anything that you think is particularly fun/keeps it interesting?

Thistleberry 08-15-2012 04:31 PM

When I've got just a short time to exercise at home I usually bust out my jump rope or hula hoop or just turn on the radio and dance. So much fun! But it sounds like you're looking more for strength than cardio. There are about a million variations on planks, squats and lunges that you could try. Just flying off the top of my head I'd also say maybe jumping jacks, burpees, bridges, prone cobra w/ or w/o flutter kicks... Google bodyweight exercises and I'm sure you'll get tons of ideas.

alaskanlaughter 08-15-2012 09:16 PM

i did a little different workout today...i skipped the weight machines because i was pressed for time but did run longer today...i did my usual interval sets and then a few more smaller intervals to total 2 miles ran plus some walking...i worked all day getting our program closed down from the summer and began working on setting up for the winter program...went to the store and i'm finally home...found some comfortable black sheer tights to wear with my skirt on friday night so i'm happy :) i will NOT wear anything that i'm physically uncomfortable in and nylons/pantyhose drive me insane with the snugness and texture...much happier with these tights...i debated buying one of those shapewear things for my tummy but decided not to because i know i would be just as uncomfortable in those since they are so tight...

Chubbygirl253 08-15-2012 11:36 PM

got all my exercise in and it was lower impact so I feel refreshed and much less tired. Tomorrow I have to keep my workout to 2 hrs because its a very busy day and lots to squeeze in. Thats ok, my muscles deserve a break from the 3 hr workouts, lol.

Thousandsunny 08-16-2012 08:54 AM

@Alaskanlaughter: Interval running is what I am trying to get into, it's cool you get a good workout from it! I want to make the treadmill not so much like... being on a treadmill, haha.

I tried to get a workout in at home and ended up doing some bench-squats with the living room table and did some stairs. It wasn't the best but I plan to go hard tonight at the gym. Hopefully! I better not wuss out...:D

alaskanlaughter 08-16-2012 11:48 AM

another morning, another workout....last day tomorrow of early morning workouts...now i'm headed off to set up my classroom...hopefully if i start early, i will be done at a reasonable time :)

hsmomof3 08-16-2012 01:30 PM

Walking wasn't so much fun in the wind this morning. Bothers my ears but, I'd still rather be outside while I still can because I know that I will be stuck on a treadmill all winter long. Last night I started doing more tummy muscle exercises and OH MY GOODNESS, I didn't know that my sides were getting the work out too. I mean, I know it's good but, I wasn't prepared for the soreness this morning. Walked through it anyway and I am trying to stretch a bit all throughout the day so this evening they won't hurt while I do some more. I know I will get used to it....time and patience.

@ alaskanlaughter - depending on the type of shapewear that you get, It isn't anymore uncomfortable than trying to suck it in and stay aware of when you aren't all night long. And when you're wearing it, it really does smooth everything out. I wouldn't discount it yet, keep it in mind.

westcoast rosa 08-16-2012 02:01 PM

All you ladies rock! What amazing inspiration!! I was on vacation (and then playing catch-up at work) for the last couple of weeks. I managed to still run 3x per week and do my ab/arms/squats during my holiday!

I have been running approx 5k for every run and I will be going up to 6k next week. eek. I am really starting to feel good about my 8k in October. Like I will actually finish it without dying. haha. As a reward for my dedication and not missing a run since June, I am getting fitted for new runners tomorrow AND buying myself an Ipod Shuffle!

Oh, and I signed up for a weekly Zumba class that starts next month. Soooo excited!

Have a fantastic day, ladies :)

hsmomof3 08-16-2012 06:31 PM

I wanna try Zuma so bad. :(

Has anyone tried the Zumba videos that you do at home? Is it the same? Do you like it? I'm thinking but buying it.

alaskanlaughter 08-16-2012 09:19 PM

ohhhh ugh i was on my feet ALL DAY...literally, no joke...i set up my entire classroom, the physical labor, moving heavy furniture and file cabinets etc all morning...i had a staff person come over who helped with the biggest stuff and did some other small tasks...my intern also came for the afternoon and helped out...she did tasks while i did a huge shopping trip to several stores...i dont think i sat down longer than it took to eat a salad lol....my feet hurt SO BAD...

i bought a bar of 90% dark chocolate this afternoon...it's pretty good, not sweet at all...sort of like eating baking cocoa LOL but i can definitely eat this as a treat without binging because the sweetness is mostly gone...i had planned for weeks to buy this if i could finish out the summer with my early morning workouts...one more workout tomorrow :)

Chubbygirl253 08-17-2012 01:49 AM

today i did 20 mins strength training and 2 hrs 10 mins of cardio. Gonna hit the y really hard tomorrow.
Had burger and fries from mcdonalds tonight but I stayed within my calorie goal. That isn't ideal but at least I ate light enough the rest of the day it won't hurt me too much. I hope!
Lost 4 more lbs when I weighed this morning! woohoo