Old 01-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/205/150

Question Struggling Need Help!

HI, I'm new here. I have found myself in place in life that seems to have no direction. I will be 31 in a week and I so far from my goal that I have lost all site of it. I did really awesome over the holiday season and maintained, but here in the new year I find that not only am I not maintaining, I'm actully gaining. My diet has remained the same and I bought a teadmill and am jogging, but nothing changes? Any Ideas???
thefatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

Don't worry, you may have just hit a plateau. Sometimes our bodies get a little stuck in our routines if there is such a thing. Try changing up your diet, keep the calories the same even but just change something up. Drink lots of water and try pushing yourself extra hard on a couple workouts this week. Maybe that will break you free of your rut. Stress can play a roll too so believe in yourself and that this will pass. Welcome by the way!!
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 206/165/140

Height: 5' 5.75''

I am assuming Montana won't be warm soon. So getting outdoors for a change of workout scenery may be out of the question. Are you tracking how much treadmill activity you have by time, calories burned, or distance? If you haven't changed the time or distance, you aren't burning as many calories as you were 35 lbs ago and your body may have adapted to current challenges. Add five minutes or 1/2 mile to a few more workouts and see if it helps. Good luck, you have made great progress already.
Aunrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:33 PM   #4  

My advice is a little different.....

Plan something for you to look forward to. For me, I planned a trip to Mexico this May. Every time I want to chow down on hershey kisses or skip my workout, I remember that I am going to have to be in a bathing suit for a week. Keeps me motivated.

Also, why not change something about yourself? New hairstyle? Color? Spray tan? Or change something about your environment....new bedspread? Paint the bathroom? For me, when I start making positive changes in one area of my life, the others are very soon to follow.

Good luck! You can do this!!!
clevergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 02:07 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 240/205/150

Thank you all so much. I feel at such a loss as of late. I have committed to a 5K in March, so that should help on the motivation front. I just have such self doubt that it seems unsurmountable at time. Every ounce of support helps and I greatly appreciate all your comments. Good luck to all of you and thanks again.
thefatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:34 PM   #6  
I'm doing this!

S/C/G: 220/ ticker /140

Height: 5'3"

Maybe you need to jump start things. There are many ways to do that, just check out some options to see what works for you. Maybe eat a little less, or have a cheat day and rev up the metabolism again. Hopefully that's not too bad of advice, but anyhow, check your calorie intake and consider adjusting it. I hope you see results soon, I know how discouraging it can be. Hang in there and your dedication will prevail
alitorry is offline   Reply With Quote