Old 11-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Newbie to site....but certainly NOT dieting!

Hi all! Glad i found this site! A little history, i'm 36 been dieting since i was about 16 and have pretty much developed body image dysmorphia by the time i was 30. My weight has gone up and down over the past several years due to bad break-ups. I was 180 then 245, then 195 then 179 and now 202 and so on! I watch what i eat, was working out at the gym non-stop but as of the past several months have slowed down due to family illness. Stress has now created more fat for me.

I hear everyone say "you carry yourself so well", "your so pretty", blah blah! Fact of the matter is that i'm uncomfortable in my own skin and don't understand why my body won't let go of fat no matter what i do. Weight watchers several times and followed to the crumb to stay the same weight! Anyone that can relate....please help! Thanks in advance.

heather
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/168.5/140

Height: 5'6"

I am sorry that I don't have any advice, but I can certainly relate! I have been on a diet since I can remember, as has my mom (gee, do ya think there's something to that? lol) I worked out a ton and was okay with my body, then I met my husband, stopped working out, started eating whatever I wanted, and now....no matter what...can NOT lose the weight....grrrr! I too am on weight watchers (for the third time) and the weight is coming off 1 lb at a time, but that is still 1 lb....

I wish there was a quick fix and if you find one, please please let me know
penny10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:42 PM   #3  

Height: 5'4"

Thanks so much for the support Penny. That's the other thing by boyfriend and i moved in together and i'm less disciplined than i've always been. he's a bit overweight and still eats what he wants to. He's the "going to start tomorrow" guy lol! I decided i can't wait for him or i'd be alot heavier than i am now! I guess it's a matter of getting on track once and for all and saying no to those Saturday nights out to the restaurant for drinks and food! Your right 1 lb. at a time is still 1 lb.
pointspluspioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:46 PM   #4  
emaline29

S/C/G: 226/202/154

Height: 4'11"

Hi DD, Yeh I sure can relate to your experience.
I was quite ill when I was young and therefore always chubby - illness in my day meant lots and lots of recuperating by lounging about! I have actually been slim three times in my life and each time determined not to put it back on. Then along comes times of distress and the choc bars and cream buns are such a comfort!
Now, at the age of 76, I find it extremely difficult to get the weight to shift and it's taken me from the beginning of April till now to lose just 11lb! This time I am so determined that I want to get rid of all this excess weight especially as I now have various ailments to contend with, diabetes, high blood pressure and a very bad spondilosis of the spine.
So do take as much care and effort to get a better and healthier body while you are young enough to enjoy yourself. Keep coming on here and you will get lots of support.
emaline29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:47 PM   #5  
Mama on a Mission

Height: 5'6

I hear ya! My husband has never had a problem with weight and eats whatever her wants...which means I used to do the same thing too. Well it has to stop since I don't feel good about myself. Remember, this type of journey has to do with you and you alone. You have to change for yourself, no matter what's going on around you...supports, non-supports, stressors of life, etc. I keep losing and then gaining it back.

But I have not given up yet and neither should you. Keep track of your calories and make sure to get in good workouts at least 3 days a week...like running, eliptical, swimming, lifting weights, etc.

Push yourself to be the best you can be and even though the road might be long and tough, never quit!

Good luck and know that everyone on here has their own story, journey and is willing to be supportive of yours.
Mitza24 is offline   Reply With Quote