Old 02-22-2010, 12:54 AM   #1  
dougs wife sarahs mommy

S/C/G: 210/194/165

Height: 5'6

Default looking for a weight loss buddy

My names Jennifer, wife to doug, mommy to sarah (2 march 22nd) and i'm 34. I lost a bunch of weight but was 15 lbs away from my goal before i got pregnant with sarah. Then we had a tough first year and now i'm getting back to the gym and losing weight again.

I have oodles of support at home, a fantastic trainer who kicks my hiney 3x a week, and i am DESPERATE to get down to 165 so i can TTC. I have physical challenges (birth defect and osteoarthritis in both knees), am gluten intolerant and carb addicted (which is hard to do when your gluten free but somehow i managed to pull that off) . LOL

so thats me for now, if anyones interested pop in and say Hi.
jenatgym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 01:14 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 198.6/148/120

Height: 5'3"

Hi and I’m also new here. I just joined a few days ago when I decided to come back on track. I also have addiction to food but not only to carbohydrates.
aluxa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:48 AM   #3  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Hello ladies! to the groups! We're glad you've joined us. We'll be more than happy to and at you so you're more motivated, if you like.

We're all addicted to food (and I'm addicted to... well, I won't say that in public. ). The ladies on the boards as a whole have some great information on what's worked for them and what hasn't. Feel free to ask questions; someone will know the answer.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:12 AM   #4  
dougs wife sarahs mommy

thanks ladies.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:51 AM   #5  
amazing

S/C/G: 214.5/185.2/115

Height: not quite 5'1"

hi!

I am new too. I started my diet last Friday, and joined because I thought some extra online support would be fun and helpful.

I am definitely not addicted to any food, but that doesn't mean I don't have some serious weight to lose! I am glad I found this website, I am enjoying it a lot so far.
HokieLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:00 AM   #6  
Gemma :)

S/C/G: 143.6/115.8/110

Height: 5"2

Hey I'm also new, I joined yesterday I think and I'm really looking forward to being a part of the site! Carbs are my weakness too haha :P x
xgemziex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:05 AM   #7  
dougs wife sarahs mommy

wonderful, thanks for popping in and posting.

Nice to meet you both.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:44 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 48/45/20

Height: 5'2"

Default Hi!

I'm a Jennifer too and I have a Sara (no H) I'm a SAHM and have 3 others in addition to my spit-fire girl! I've been around here, off and on, for a while, but am just getting back to trying to lose weight. This is the first time I've visited the 30s group (36 here). Anyway, I'm looking for buddies too, so I'm happy to encourage anyway I can! Hope you have a great evening!
jennygirl531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:34 PM   #9  

Hi Girls, I am new also.. I am 36, I have a 4 year old son. I packed on the pounds after having my son and I just can't seem to lose them!! I haven't decided on a diet plan yet, I did work out today but it was only for 15 mins! I am so out of shape, it's horrible!!! I am determined to make a change, I really look forward to getting to know all of you and sharing in your success.
UpsyDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 171/170/130

Height: 5'4

Wink

Hello-new here as well...

I am 30 years old and just had my second baby 9 weeks ago. I also had just lost about 30 pounds and gained it all back and then some. My son had some serious medical problems after birth so I am just now starting my workout routine. I would really like to get back into the 130's by this summer, but I am finding it is really hard to find time to work out with 2 kids now. I go back to work from my maternity leave in two weeks which is going to make it even harder.

I know that the only way that works for me is going to the gym at least 5x/week and decreasing my sugar intake which is so hard for me-I LOVE SUGAR! That is awesome that you are working out with a trainer. I did my first body pump class on monday (first in 9 months) and I still can't sit down my legs are so sore.

Anyways good luck to you, keep up the hard work! Hope we can keep each other motivated, I know I need it.

Last edited by lvnmt; 02-25-2010 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Forgot to add that I am new here.
lvnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:41 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 48/45/20

Height: 5'2"

Default Upsydaisy...

Keep it up, you can do it! I started walking/running at the beginning of the year and could only run for a short time before having to walk. But my endurance has grown stronger. I still don't run all the way, but when I do it has definitely gotten easier. Take baby steps, keep up with that 15 minutes until it gets easier and then add 5. Before you know it you'll be at 30!

I slipped up a bit with my eating today, so I'm trying hard to be good with it this evening and not just throw in the towel. I tend to be an all or nothing kind of gal and when I "mess up" I figure, what the heck? It's blown now! And I'll usually just starting eating anything and everything. Really trying not to do that again! I'm not only learning new eating and body habits, I'm needing to learn new self-talk!

Anyway, hope everyone had a great day!
jennygirl531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:21 PM   #12  

Hello, first post for me! and I'm 32. I'll be starting medifast soon and need all the support I can get. I have about 70+ lbs to lose. Thanks for starting the thread! I'm really gonna look into a personal trainer too, how much do you usually pay? I'm in high cost living California so I know it's not the same everywhere.

Last edited by nurse2be; 05-18-2010 at 09:14 PM.
nurse2be is offline   Reply With Quote