Old 02-06-2010, 09:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/165

Height: 5"10"

Default Rock Stars (formerly Looking for a Buddy)

Hi Girls,

I thought I'd start a new thread because ours was wearing down, as Josie pointed out. I am in a bad place!! I've gained back 4 pounds, so awful. I know why--major food mishaps, such as eating four truffles in a row. I am recomitted to getting back on track. Today I'm setting a small goal: lose 2 pounds in the next week.

I started with cottage cheese, a mango, and 1/2 of a whole wheat waffle this morning. My plan today: don't overeat just because it's a weekend day, write down everything I eat, and get at least 30 minutes of cardio in.

Here's to picking myself back up so that I can whittle myself back down!
RunningToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 276.5/273.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default Gained !!

Hi Running....I gained also So I know how it feels. I gained back 5 lbs (although I did not weight myself this morning).

I am back to making small goals also. One day at a time. I completely was off track this past week. One day turned into 2, turned into a 3 and then a week and half passed.

For me I know some of it is sodium intake and water retention. AND! not working out.

Sounds like you started off with a great breakfast. I'm going to have yogurt, and 1 rye toast with some turkey on it.

I'm with ya on getting back on board. No need to wallow in my mistakes -- move forward!!
AzimuthRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #3  

Can new members join? I am starting over. Not really following a "plan" that never tends to work for me. I just use my head and make good choices. I don't deprieve myself completely. I do have to exercise, not able to lose without it. Just wanting it to stick this time! LOL! I have my dh to workout with me now. Which is a big help. Looking forward to meeting new people.
losinginillinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #4  

Thanks both of you, for your encouragement!! Isn't it so frustrating?? I'm glad that I'm not alone in this; other people seem to have similar struggles, which makes me feel like I'm not crazy. I have been having a GREAT weekend....ran yesterday and today, 2 miles each, then walked as well, have been writing down everything I eat, drinking lots of water, and forgiving myself for my slip up with weight gain.

One day at a time!

R
Old 02-07-2010, 06:33 PM   #5  
Gotta run!

S/C/G: 210/*ticker*/160

Height: 5'5

I'm with you guys! I put on 3 > by eating bad and not working out enough. I'm also going to blame it on some water retention. But we went swimming today, I've just finished an apple and I'm going for another glass of water soon. Wow I'm tired - LoL!
Aunty Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:43 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7

found you guys! Don't know what happened to the other girls. Hope they are still plugging away. I didn't gain any, but the scale is stuck AGAIN! We just got to pick it up and dust it off and go again.
Josiegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:40 PM   #7  

Hooray, I am almost through the Super Bowl party, and haven't binged at all. Just a measured serving of cheese puffs, a spinach salad, and one chocolate covered pretzel (sp?) rod. I want something sweet, but am not hungry, so I'm not going to have anything. I am looking forward to loading a new playlist in my iPod and running my a$$ off at the gym tomorrow--it felt great to run this weekend!

Hope you all had a great weekend....

R
Old 02-07-2010, 10:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 155/142.6/132

Height: 5'6"

I ended up napping through half of the superbowl, probably because I dragged myself to the gym to do some cardio yesterday and today. I haven't worked out both days on a weekend in who knows how long!
orthodiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:05 AM   #9  

Weighed in with my other group today, scale hasn't moved, don't know how. I been eating really good, no slips, and sweating my butt off. Makes me so frustrated. I realized this morning that my hands are swolen for some reason. So I am crossin my fingers maybe I just have some water retention.

Good going R! Glad you made it through with no slips!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:35 AM   #10  

Hope everyone has a great day. Started with a 3 mile. I purposely stayed away from any Super Bowl parties. I hate football anyway. So I just had a bowl of cereal with some blueberries. That was actually my supper. The rest of the gang was out, so I didn't fell like cooking anything. I gave the left over pan of enchilada's I made last week to my neighbor. I had some and that was enough. I can't deprive myself of things I like. But I can cut back.

WE CAN DO IT LADIES!
losinginillinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:12 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 316/see tracker/175

Default Back on Track

Rockstars! I found you! :-)

No worries everyone...I also had a bad week last week. Seems like something was in the water. lol Was up 2 lbs then down 2 lbs so I actually started today back in the same spot. I have the same goal of losing 2 pounds this week. And an overall mini-goal of losing 8 for the month of Feb.

Started off breakfast with a cup of raspberry hot tea and some oatmeal. Snack was 2 sticks of string cheese and an apple. Lunch is my struggle as I have gotten bored with lean cuisines/yogurt and have reverted back to eating in the cafeteria. Luckily they make healthy entrees everyday (baked chicken, grilled pork chops, etc.) and lots of steamed veggies so haven't strayed too far but am always tempted when I am checking out to grab a sweet to eat later at my desk. Will refrain today and eat my 100 cal pack of chips ahoy.

Also did Wii Fit this weekend with the family and kids. Was so much fun and actually quite a good workout.

Keep up the great work.

Running to smile, I'm thinking of trying the couch to 5k plan. There is a 5k I am thinking about signing up for in May....
LaughingGirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:16 PM   #12  

Hi Everyone,

I ran this morning at the gym, and felt great! I did very well with eating all day, so I am psyched to be able to say that. Now I just have to make it through an hour long swimming lesson for my oldest without coming home and snacking after we're done.

I am really re-inspired to be making healthy choices again! You guys are very motivating....I love our little group. I was ultra motivated today after treating a patient that was in very poor health and morbidly obese--it made me realize how important weight loss is for my health, and not just my looks. I know this, but it's nice to have the reminders!

Best wishes for continuing to improve our health--physical, mental, and spiritual!

R
Old 02-08-2010, 10:04 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 276.5/273.2/165

Height: 5'5"

I am down 1.5 after that 5 lb gain. I'm hoping I stay on this path. It is really cold outside and snowing.

I'm hoping there is another 1lb or so of water retention in there...and the rest I'll lose through excersize and calorie reduction. I feel so much better today than I did last week. It is amazing how even just a couple days of being on program can make a difference.

I did not go food shopping this weekend, so I have to pick up food on the way to work tomorrow morning. The cheese stick and apple that someone posted they had as a snack is a great idea. I'm definitely having some of that for the week.

Hope everyone has a good week.
AzimuthRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #14  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

hey checking in. Down a pound and a half from my pre vacation weight. Sounds like eveyone is getting back on track. Gonna hit the gym for the first time in a good bit tomorrow. Wish me luck that I don't fall over!
Aiesline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 07:53 PM   #15  

well I weighed in today at 217.6 which is what I weighed in with the other group on Monday. I guess it isn't too bad considering there has been very little exercise this week due to a bad migraine that has lasted for days. Good luck ladies, glad that the scale is movin for ya and that we are trying to get back on track!
Tomorrow I take my measurements, it will be a month since I done them last. Hope that there is less of me to measure!

Last edited by Josiegrl; 02-12-2010 at 07:54 PM.