Old 01-16-2010, 09:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 234/227.5/150

Height: 5 ft 6in

Talking I am doing this!!

I have 3 more 90 calorie cokes in my fridge. After those are gone...no more coke!!!!! This is a big thing for me. Before Jan 1st, I was drinking about a 2 liter a day!! Now I have been having 3 of the 90 (7.5 oz) calorie cans per day. I can't drink diet drinks because the artificial sweeteners give me a migraine. I think I can do this!!! I know that these are just empty, useless calories and I don't need them.
Wish me luck!!!!!
nassmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'6

Would you be opposed to dumping them down the drain or giving them away? If you knew how many times I said "as soon as I finish eating/drinking xxxx, I'm done!" It never worked. The only thing that works for me is trashing the object of my desire so I can't have any more.
KathyinAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:58 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyinAL View Post
Would you be opposed to dumping them down the drain or giving them away? If you knew how many times I said "as soon as I finish eating/drinking xxxx, I'm done!" It never worked. The only thing that works for me is trashing the object of my desire so I can't have any more.
I guess I could, but I don't think that I will. I need a day to get myself geared up for no coke!! I really don't have any issues with the "when this is gone - no more" though. I just want the day to get used to the idea. Maybe I am a wimp, but I am going to start tomorrow. I want to be in the right place mentally before I try, otherwise I probably will fail.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:38 PM   #4  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nassmom View Post
I guess I could, but I don't think that I will. I need a day to get myself geared up for no coke!! I really don't have any issues with the "when this is gone - no more" though. I just want the day to get used to the idea. Maybe I am a wimp, but I am going to start tomorrow. I want to be in the right place mentally before I try, otherwise I probably will fail.
Good on ya for giving up the Cokes! Have a dancing banana! I gave them up for New Year's only because I started getting a nasty acidy feeling in my stomach before I went to bed. It made bedtime not fun for DH ("Stop or I'm going to puke!"). Since New Year's I've had 3- one emergency Cherry coke when my sugar was really low last week, and a glass of diet coke at 2 different lunches with a mate of mine. I don't regret giving it up for one moment. I got cravings, but never gave into them.

Are you drinking water instead of coke now?

I'm drinking water with water boosters (vitamin B-complex and vitamin C added, plus a nice fruit flavour) and a 250ml glass of orange juice for breakfast. Your skin will get healthier, clearer and softer (not much moisturiser needed now!). Your guts feel good and it keeps you full when you're ready to start snacking. I now know when I'm thirsty as opposed to hungry.

Good luck!!
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:42 PM   #5  

I will be doing water instead of the coke. I know I will feel better and drop more weight that way. Thanks for the support!!
Old 01-18-2010, 12:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/?/155 High:254

Height: 5'5"

good luck nassmom, you can do it!

You're right they are totally empty calories that will wreak havoc on your weight loss efforts.

Stay Strong!
Bombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:56 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 245/241/170

Girl - good luck with that. I know how hard it is. I had to wean myself off of it, its like a drug. lol I still crave it once in awhile. I couldnt do it cold turkey though, because I got the worst headaches when I did. I had to do it by steps like three for a week, two, etc.

Stay strong Sista!
Girly2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:04 PM   #8  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

our internet was down so I'm a little late but-- congrats!!! Keep it up girl!!
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:58 PM   #9  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girly2010 View Post
Girl - good luck with that. I know how hard it is. I had to wean myself off of it, its like a drug. lol I still crave it once in awhile. I couldnt do it cold turkey though, because I got the worst headaches when I did. I had to do it by steps like three for a week, two, etc.

Stay strong Sista!
How's it going so far, nassmom?

I just put up with the headaches! I guess my problem with coke was that it upset my stomach at night. I'd rather have a headache for 2 or 3 days (I went cold turkey on 30 December and it lasted until 1 January since I didn't have any karate classes) than an upset stomach for another 2 weeks. DH was really good about realising that I needed to nap and take it easy.

What was really rewarding was that it was recycle day today (every 2 weeks for us). Usually, we'd have plastic bags filled with coke bottles in addition to all the coke bottles in the plastics bin. Today, we only had the plastics bin out (no plastic bags) and it wasn't full up. DH and I need to do something about his beer bottles (I don't drink at all), but that's another matter.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote