Old 05-04-2009, 09:32 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Monday 5/4

Just starting us out this morning.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:42 AM   #2  

Hey everyone!

Hope you all had a great weekend. I went to the Women of Joy conference in Sevierville, Tn. It was only about 20-30 min from the house but we stayed in a hotel Friday night. We decided we were pooped and came home Saturday night. We had great speakers Kirk Cameron and Carol Kent to name a few. We also had a Casting Crowns concert. It was great. There were over 9,000 women in attendance. Talk about a beautiful noise - 9,000 women singing and praying.... beautiful. One of the things that really stuck to my heart was we should not live life worrying about the "what if's" and the "if only's". I think that not only applies to our spiritual lives but weight loss as well.

I am still the same on the scale. I went with a skinny friend and it really kept me in check. We did splurge and got Marble Slab creamery ice cream, smores is my favorite.. yum.

This week is very busy here at school. My dd and I are going on a overnight field trip on Thursday and will come home late on Friday. It's a camp where we will be doing a lot of walking, hiking, canoeing , etc. etc. I won't have any control on what food we have but last year it wasn't unhealthy food and what we do have we work it all off. The camp staff are very big about not wasting anything since it's an enviromental camp so they don't make any more food than necessary, which makes the servings smaller.

Ya'll have a great day.

And remember not to worry about those WHAT IF'S and IF ONLYS because there is nothing you can do to change them. Learn from them and make better choices in the future.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #3  

Forgot to add that I am taking DD back to the GI dr. this afternoon. If you pray, please say a little prayer for her. She is very worried about seeing the Dr. again. (we get more results from the tests that were done 2 weeks ago)
Old 05-04-2009, 10:01 AM   #4  

good morning
i checked in on thursday for the first time in probably a year
i have gained too much and am trying to get back on track...
had a pretty good weekend...rained here all week, but still seemed like a busy one
beth - sounds like a great conference...the camping sounds like fun too...hope your daughter gets some good news...dont know how old she is, but, i do billing for a gi office (used to work in the office now i do that office from home) and its really hard for people if they have lifelong gi probs...i hope that doesnt happen to here...good luck to her

to everyone else...good morning...have a wonderful day
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #5  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Good morning...

I introduced myself a few weeks ago and then baby got sick and I had no time for me. He is much better now and I am back on track. I lost 2.2 lbs the past few weeks so I guess it is better than gaining.

squeak351 - what a fun and busy weekend you had. That camp sounds like so much fun. My dd and I go to one of those for 3 days every summer with the Girl Scouts. It is so much fun! My thought and prayers are with your daughter today as she goes to the doctor. Let us know how it goes.

christinas - it rained here all weekend too. The grass sure looks pretty, but I am ready for some sunshine. Good luck getting back on track! I would love to work from home...you lucky gal.

Is there a daily/weekly planning thread around here somewhere? Until I find it I will just post in the daily chat. If that is a problem please let me know.

Everyone have a great Monday!

B - homemade chicken salad sandwhich on toasted ww bread, apple
L - veggie soup, 1 slice beer bread, sf pudding cup
S - kashi cereal, skim milk
D - taco salad w/lots of veggies

E - 1 mile walk

Last edited by lovinlifex2; 05-04-2009 at 11:13 AM.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

I'm very sleepy and grumpy this morning as I am dealing with the monthly I wish I could have stayed in bed, but I have to work. I'm really craving white icing, but I'm trying to resist the cravings.

I still have not gotten my final scores in yet. I'm at a 90% right now. If I get an "A" on this final essay, then I will have an "A" for the semester. If not, then I will have a "B". Either way, I still did pretty darn good, but that "A" would be nice.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #7  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

I weighed in this morning and I am down 1.5 lbs. Was kinda hoping for a bigger number but glad to see a loss regardless. I am realizing that I am not consuming enough calories. I just bookmarked a thread with a bunch of 100 calorie snacks that will help bring my caloric intake up daily. Since I've been exercising, I definitely feel hungry more often.
teahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Christina, Nice to see you!!

Tracey, Congrats on the loss!

Sapph, you're doing awesome, A or B!

Lovin, Welcome and congrats on the loss!

Beth, said a prayer for DD. Hope all is well. Conference sounds good. Is it similar to the Women of Faith one?

I have a meeting with an advisor at the county college tonight. I guess they'll go over what I should do? I dunno, never been to college.

Have a great day all.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 237/Preggo with #2/Have a baby

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone.
I just introduced myself and thought I would just jump right in.
I weighed in today and happily down 3# (I gained 5 a couple of weeks ago, eek!). So, back on track even though my dd and I were sick since last week. Must be the nasal drip going on!

Have a great day!
Katsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:40 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 201 / 188 / 160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireBlue View Post
I'm very sleepy and grumpy this morning as I am dealing with the monthly I wish I could have stayed in bed, but I have to work.
I'm with ya there, eventhough mines isn't due till tomorrow, maybe Wed. BUT, this weather has me in the grouchy sleepy mood anyway. Yesterday was the first day that nothing happened in a while. I actually got a nap in. My 6 yo was occupied enough and only woke me twice, he is a really great boy.

I am getting very antsy about my upcoming move. I've moving with my BF and his 2 kids at the beginning of July, but just want it to happen now. We only see each other on the weekends and I am tired of missing him!
M Dizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #11  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I went shopping for some new shorts yesterday and was able to fit into a size 14
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #12  

Lauren,

Not sure if they are the same. We had praise music, speakers, and then a concert. It's Fri., Sat & Sun. My friend and I actually left on Sat. night, we were pooped. This was the first one I had gone too.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/199/150?

Height: 5'5"

ChunkyChic: Congratulations! *jealous!* Either the tracker's off or I carry my weight very unfortunately! I'm hovering around 200 and can't get these hips and rolls in anything smaller than an 18.

On the good news front, I got some exercise in Sunday and I'm thinking of trying to give myself a challenge of 21 days in a row exercising. At least half an hour (intense) or it doesn't count. I know that's not much, and will try for more most days, but it's a start.
Riceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 199/175/165

Height: 5'8

ChunkyChic I had read about your problems not changing sizes in another thread so im so happy you finally got to a 14!!! Congrats

I bought me a reel mower and wow what a workout I dont have to do my eliptical today I sweated more mowing
lookergirl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #15  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Gina, Congrats on the loss!!

M, if my 6 y/o was "occupied" enough to not wake me up, I'd be worried!

CC, Congrats on the 14's!!!!

'night all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote