S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Thursday, 4/23

Mornin' All!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:44 AM   #2  
Where'd my 23yo body go?

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! Not much to report. I'm finally starting to come out of my funk from losing my friend, so I'm watching my calories a little better. Exercise won't start until next week though. It's that TOM, and the first few days are not fun.

The weather here is crazy this week. Monday it was 100* and today it's cold and looks like it could rain. Darn global warming! lol

Last edited by daydreamer; 04-23-2009 at 11:44 AM.
daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Good Afternoon Ladies!

So let's see, the job in Phila. that I interviewed for on Friday, well I had a second interview yesterday with the Controller. It'll most likely be middle of next week before my recruiter hears anything. BUT...I have another job interview tomorrow for a job that is half way between home and where I take night classes. No expensive train pass and no city wage tax. The recruiter said that the company has a history of hiring people that this agency sends as temps after 6 months.

The job in the city, at best would be 3months and I'd have an expensive train pass each month, city wage tax and have to replace my wardrobe. They wear suits, every company I've ever worked for was business casual.

It's a bit chilly here in SE PA today, so I think later this afternoon I'll put Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones DVD in, get my cardio and weight training at the same time.

Other than that, I'm starting to prep for my final exam on May 11th. Can't wait till that's done!

Jenn
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:10 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

Good Luck Jen! May you get that job that rights for you!!!

It's beautiful here today and should be in the 80's this weekend.

Yesterday evening I went back for my 1 month recheck. I have lost 7 lbs in one month. My body fat % is down, I have gained 1/2 lb of muscle which is good. That means I have actually lost 7&1/2 lbs of fat and gained 1/2 lb of muscle. I am very happy. I am hoping to lose 5 lbs a month for the next couple of months. That would do so much for my self esteem.

I also had class last night. The topic. measuring success, it's not just a number. It was an eye opening class. Several things hit home with me.

tonight I have to go get groceries, my lunch today was horrible. It wasn't so bad calorie wise but it just wasnt what I wanted.

That's it for me. Ya'll have a wonderful evening.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:30 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 199.2/180.8/125

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon, ladies!

Not much going on-getting ready to go walk/jog a 3.1 mile loop. It's beautiful here today!!

Daydreamer-My thoughts are with you. I understand about TOM-not fun at all to work out!

Jenn-Best of luck with the job interviews/prospects!! Good luck with that final as well. What are you studying?

Beth-That's wonderful! Great job on the weight loss/muscle gain!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi-trying my best to keep the food in check. I feel I could be doing a lot worse/a lot better than I am. I think I just need to get through the next two weeks, then I'll be better. Have a great afternoon!!
indymom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:30 PM   #6  

BTW Squeak...you're new puppy is so cute! I can't imagine why no one wanted her. May you all have many years of happiness together!
Old 04-23-2009, 02:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

Hey guys! Sorry I didn't post earlier. I can't get out of 2nd gear today. I'm off tomorrow, so I hope that will help.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 04:06 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by indymom76 View Post
Jenn-Best of luck with the job interviews/prospects!! Good luck with that final as well. What are you studying?

The class I'm taking now is Pre-Calculus for Business. So far I'm somewhere between a B and B-. I transfered my Associates Degree from 14years ago and am working toward my Bachelor's Degree in Accounting. In the Fall I'm taking Calculus for Business. I just want to get all the math classes out of the way first so I can move on to the more interesting classes.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #9  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Just popping in here, as I haven't visited in a while. I hope all of you lovely ladies are doing well.

Good news, I lost yet another pound. Yippie For ME!!! It feels good to be down another size... especially since I am needing to buy new spring clothes. Perfect timing- eh?

Well this is short, must go now... I'll try and stop in again tomorrow and catch up with everyone.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote