Old 04-09-2009, 09:31 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat- Thurs 4/9/09

Just getting us started.
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:37 AM   #2  

Last night I went in for our meeting and weigh in. Drumroll please.........
I lost 3.5 lbs! Our meeting was on the basics of nutrition. Why we need to eat from the food pyramid and what each food group does for us. Very interesting and really brought a lot of things to light.

Got to take DD to get allergy shots this afternoon and stop by Walmart to do a bit of grocery shopping. Friday I plan to just stay home. I really want to do a good scrub down on my bathroom. The hairspray build up is really getting to me. Saturday we are going to get that new dishwasher. Dh is taking the day off work and DD is spending the night. I foresee a romantic dinner LOL That is really funny because Dh's idea of romance is O'Charley's He is about as romantic as a rock. Sunday of course is Easter and I am going to the early service at church. Then Mom is cooking Easter dinner. Last night someone asked the dietician about how to get some of the sodium out of your ham. One suggestion was to soak it in water overnight but the dietician said to soak in a can of beer. No kidding. She said she does it all the time and you can't taste the beer. Maybe one of those things I have to try, doesn't sound good, but ya never know.

How is everyone else doing?
Old 04-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #3  

Lauren, just saw your post about your dishwasher. That is actually the one I picked out but DH said we should get white to match our stove and fridge. I personally don't think it would look bad. Dh is wanting to get a Bosch (it's the same price) but I don't like the way the bottom drawer worked and it's layout doesn't hold as many dishes. Do you think having a white stove, microwave and fridge would look bad if I got a stainless dishwasher??
Old 04-09-2009, 09:44 AM   #4  
XOXO

S/C/G: 268/249/145

Height: 5'4"

Good morning..I'm doing great after a few days of sadness and madness..My son's baseball team won their first game last night 11-0 called in the 5th inning. He is a catcher and he is pretty darn awesome. I have nothing lined up but baseball this weekend. I was dating someone for 5 months and now it's over, so now I have to find things to occupy my time on the weekends and my son's double header games seem to be doing the trick. I also have more time to hit the gym and really work on my Pilates and running. I have never been a runner, so maybe this is the time I need to start. I'm at work right now, they have cut our hours back so much that we're all just waiting for the next shoe to drop. I decided to start looking for another job before the shoe drops. I'm a single parent and can't afford to not work...Wow this turned out to be a cathartic post...lol....
Devsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #5  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Not sure that the interview went all that well yesterday, but we'll see. Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts!

Dev, congrats to your son! Sorry about the relationship though.

Beth, I am not one to talk about colors really...I have an off-white fridge my mom handed down to us, with the SS dishwasher, and black cooktop & double ovens! The goal is the eventually...as they break down, replace with SS. The fridge will be the first to go, it's already giving us trouble sometimes, and it's about 15 yrs. old. We bought the cooktop off craigslist when we moved in, supposedly it's new, the people that sold it to us had moved in and redid their kitchen, but the people that sold the house to them had just installed this one to sell the house. I don't know how old the ovens are, probably 10-15 yrs., they work fine, (at least the top one does, never used the bottom one!), but they're soo small!

Have a party at Peter's school later this AM. Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:53 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 199.2/180.8/125

Height: 5'2"

Morning everyone-I've been at school since 8 this morning and will be here until 5 tonight. Long day!! I got to walk/jog outside yesterday-it is so nice to be outside. I love walking through the neighborhood since there is so much to see. It takes my mind off of what I'm really doing!!

Beth-Way to go on the 3.5 lbs!!

Dev-Sorry about the relationship. Things work out like that for a reason. Atleast you'll have some more time to spend at baseball games!!

LBH-Hi! Have fun at the party today!

Have a great day everybody!!
indymom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:59 AM   #7  
Triathlon chica

S/C/G: 270/182.5/??

New dishwasher sounds exciting!

I'm going out with my new roommate and a couple of her friends tonight, so that should be fun! The plan is to limit myself to one beverage, though, not only for my waist line but also for my wallet.

Then I hope to get lots of exercise in on this long weekend. It's been cold, so I hope it warms up some and the rain stays away.
Athenawithheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #8  

I haven't left the house today but it's not like I have been a couch potato...
I must have definitely overdone it at the gym the other day because my inner thigh muscles are killing me, soooooooooo painful... I decided to take one more day off, counting on the fact that the house works will give me quite a bit of activity anyway (since leaving my nightmare job, I'm keeping busy by using this free time to do all the things that my home badly needs, starting from a total paint job... I'm still at the stage of emptying the living room and will soon get around painting it, so there's lot of moving stuff around right now...).
Since this morning, I finished dismantling the bookshelves, carrying everything into the garage (too many stairs carrying weights!), taking down the mounting stuff, moving lots of furniture... the room is very much bare right now, there's an echo!! I kept in just the couch and the tv set (at night I still want to relax!!), everything else has gone away!!
The eating has not been excellent but not too bad - breakfast was a homemade cinnamon roll (the last one, I swear!) and some mango juice with my vitamins and stuff, lunch was some chicken I did with lemon, ginger and low fat yogurt, with basmati rice, and as a snack I had a couple of raw carrots with a kind of low fat soft/creamy goat cheese (omg, I have no clue how to describe that in English!) with some wasabi stirred in (I love spicy stuff). Dinner will be a minestrone (a mixed veggie soup) and there's more boiled veggies leftover from yesterday night (but I have no clue how to translate them to English, they look like spinach but the taste is completely different). I had a couple of cups of coffee, but stayed away from diet coke so far - water with a bit of lemon juice was ok.
I have some stuff to carry downstairs (more stairs, URGGGGHH) and I'd like to take put the nails of the picture I'm not hanging back in the same place after the renovation, and fill the holes... but it's already 7pm here, I don't know if I'll manage everything!
More importantly, I want to sit down and plan next week's menu, to see if there's any shopping that needs to be done before easter...
I don't want to go to bed too late because if my muscles are fine I'd like to get back to the gym tomorrow morning.
alhrayth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #9  
XOXO

Thanks ladies, but really, I'm glad it's sooner rather than later. My son play baseball almost 6 days/week. It's wearing me out. I have to work the concession stand next week...ugh
Old 04-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #10  
Triathlon chica

S/C/G: 270/182.5/??

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhrayth View Post
I haven't left the house today but it's not like I have been a couch potato...
I must have definitely overdone it at the gym the other day because my inner thigh muscles are killing me, soooooooooo painful...
I did a new exercise video Tuesday night, and my lower body just HURTS. Ugh. I thought I was all tough and that it'd be easy, but that was a lot of squats and lunges.
Athenawithheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/200/170

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies
I'm new to these daily chat threads, but since I'm unemployed I have nothin but time on my hands.

Dev-Congrats on your son's game, but so sorry about the relationship.

I've had trouble sticking with the diet and exercise, but today I feel like that switch in my brain finally fully flipped on! I went for a nice 3 mile walk outside and I'm going to get my dumbbells out this evening and get in a nice upper body workout. Tomorrow brings the promise of rain so I'll pop in Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones in the DVD player. It'll be a good day for homework too. I take night classes at a local university, one class a semester that meets twice a week. This semester its Pre-Calculus for Business.

While I do that, I anxiously await phone calls regarding jobs. Long story short at the end of Feb, I resigned from my job. I was transferred to another department, given no training, no one spent any time giving me any guidence. I asked for help and had it turned around on me stating that I couldn't do the job. So I felt that it was best that I leave on my terms.

HOWEVER good news is that I have an interview at 2pm tomorrow!!!! And the Company is in my hometown!!!!

So ladies if you can say a few million prayers and wish me tons of luck!

Jenn
Violin Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:44 PM   #12  
XOXO

Jenn, I hope you get it.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #13  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Jenn, Good luck on the interview!

Athena, I think you mentioned a loss yesterday...Congrats!

Alhrayth, Welcome!

Exhausted here. It was beautiful out today so the boys were out all afternoon. I was out for a little while chatting with my neighbor. Had to take the mutt to the vet for vaccines. It was just me and the dog and the boys, since DH had a meeting. The boys were horrible at the vet, and top that with a stressed out, overly friendly dog, and i was ready to shoot myself!

Gotta get my bad boys out of the tub and into bed...night all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote