Old 03-16-2009, 11:04 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Monday, 3/16

Hi All!

Welcome to the week! What more can I say...it's Monday and I'm bored. I've already colored my hair this AM. I need to go attack the laundry pile or something before I get into more "trouble".

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:13 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Daydreamer, I will pray for your friend.

Squeak, They named the fish "Ka-bluey". I guess it's better than "orange" and "black spot", the names of the old fish! The guy at PetSmart said they don't need heat, but I read online that they do. For now we've got a ceramic desk heater turned on facing the tank, because it's on the dresser right by the window...which is drafty. He seems a little more active when he's warmer. So I need to buy a heater, but I also read that you shouldn't put a heater on a tank that is less than 10 gallons, or 5 gallons?? Something like that. We've got him in a 2.5 gallon tank. Any insight?
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

Daydreamer - sorry to hear about your friend, she's in my thoughts!

We had a BEAUTIFUL and busy weekend. I was on the "go" all weekend. I've been abiding by my sacrifices for Lent like a trooper and I managed to give away some of the Amish Friendship Bread that I baked last week!

I'm back to the gym this week and I'll be walking the dog everyday...as usual!

Here's hoping everyone has a fantastic week ahead of them!

Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #4  
Meredith

S/C/G: 175/160/150

Height: 5'4"

Morning everyone!

Lauren...I have both of my bettas in cold water, non recirculating bowls...I think they are cold water fish (and there is less algae to clean out!). I have 2 on my desk here at school in a divided tank. They are Bella and Edward (anyone get that reference, or am I the only Twilight junkie?), because Edward would eat Bella if they were together! hee hee...teacher humor! They are VERY low maintenance, which is why I love them!

Have a great afternoon!
meredithann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/226.6/170

Height: 5,8

It’s Monday again. I did my weigh-in this morning. I am down another pound. Hooray! I now weigh 215. That’s a total loss of 13 pounds! Saturday, I went to a birthday party, and someone actually noticed without me telling them that I was trying to lose weight. I consider that a small victory.

I think I may have made a breakthrough with getting my hubby on board. He went to the doctor on Friday to have a biopsy of a mole. The first thing they did was weigh him. He is 6 feet tall and 280 pounds, and he found out that his triglycerides are through the roof at 540. I have noticed that he’s gotten a lot bigger over the past few years. Now he’s almost 100 pounds overweight. He said that he was shocked at how much he weighs, and that he wanted to buy a bike to start biking, but then he ate fried chicken for lunch followed by a dozen Hershey's kisses. I can only hope that he will take action, but I can’t make him do it. I have to focus on myself.
SapphireBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #6  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, sapphire, I hope he takes action as well. He could be looking at a heart attack or stroke if he doesn't change his habits. Encourage him a lot! He may be like me...I rely on my husband for encouragement and to help me be strong...don't give him a fried chicken option, even if it means cooking healthy at home (before he gets home from work, if possible--so it's already cooked and the choice of going out is not an option). Be sneaky with how you get him to lose weight...but do it! His life depends on it!

I'm still holding strong at 16 lbs....and that's after overdoing it last night for supper...so I'm expecting a drop in the next couple of days. I'm voting for a Subway sandwich tonight for supper. I just ate a ham sandwich and a baked potato (as opposed to chips or fries). I'm feelin' pretty on track for the day. Nothing much else to report here...glad it's going to get up into the mid-70's tomorrow...only 70 today, but after the 40's and lower 50's we've had since last Wednesday, I'll certainly take it! I'm ready to plant my yard so it'll be beautiful!!

Have a GREAT Monday everyone!!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 01:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: see signature!

Height: 5'6

Heya everyone, been bouncing back and forth from diet buddies and then been too busy to get on b/c of workload! I am happy to say that my mini goal is to be down 10 lbs by my birthday, and i am 3 lbs away!
Got a treadmill out of the ad bulletin, and am having a blast pushing myself on it while jamming out to my favorite tunes! So far I can get up to 18 minutes at a time rotating from the low to medium settings without my ashtma getting to me.
I hope this finds everyone well, the weather while foggy and rainy seems to be on the way up, I cannot wait for spring and camping and doggy get togethers with other friends and their canines!
WVU Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:33 PM   #8  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Monday, Monday, Monday!!!

Not too much going on here. More the usual... been to the gym, had a light breakfast and lunch, guzzled my water, and am now taking a break before I tackle cleanig the bathroom.

It's Beautiful out today, as was yesterday. I think Spring is on it's way... I really really think it is. I can't wait. I want to open my windows, go outdoors with out a bunch of layers and just bask in the warmth.

Last edited by PearFreak; 03-16-2009 at 02:34 PM.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 03:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2

Hello,
My name is michelle, do you mind if I join your group. I am new to 3fc..I am doing weight watchers at home on my own, I am a mom of 2 kids, so pretty busy I also married to a wonderful guy named John we've been married 6.5 years and together for 13 years. We live in minnesota. I hope to get to know you all!! Michelle aka:mushy~
mushy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 05:07 PM   #10  
Liane

S/C/G: 201/190/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBH View Post
Squeak, They named the fish "Ka-bluey". I guess it's better than "orange" and "black spot", the names of the old fish! The guy at PetSmart said they don't need heat, but I read online that they do. For now we've got a ceramic desk heater turned on facing the tank, because it's on the dresser right by the window...which is drafty. He seems a little more active when he's warmer. So I need to buy a heater, but I also read that you shouldn't put a heater on a tank that is less than 10 gallons, or 5 gallons?? Something like that. We've got him in a 2.5 gallon tank. Any insight?
Betas do not need aeration or heat. They are one of the few fish that can actually gulp air down at the surface. So if they actually fell out of the water they would survive...I actually had one jump out of his bowl once and other than flopping around and collecting cat hair he made it. It was pretty funny now looking back. They are puddle jumpers...that is why they will kick each others a$$...survival technique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meredithann View Post
Lauren...I have both of my bettas in cold water, non recirculating bowls...I think they are cold water fish (and there is less algae to clean out!). I have 2 on my desk here at school in a divided tank. They are Bella and Edward (anyone get that reference, or am I the only Twilight junkie?), because Edward would eat Bella if they were together! hee hee...teacher humor! They are VERY low maintenance, which is why I love them!
I am a fellow Twilighter...that is hilarious about the names! Great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireBlue View Post
It’s Monday again. I did my weigh-in this morning. I am down another pound. Hooray! I now weigh 215. That’s a total loss of 13 pounds! Saturday, I went to a birthday party, and someone actually noticed without me telling them that I was trying to lose weight. I consider that a small victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushy20 View Post
Hello,
My name is michelle, do you mind if I join your group. I am new to 3fc..I am doing weight watchers at home on my own, I am a mom of 2 kids, so pretty busy I also married to a wonderful guy named John we've been married 6.5 years and together for 13 years. We live in minnesota. I hope to get to know you all!! Michelle aka:mushy~
We recently moved from Mpls to W Wisconsin. So we are kinda neighbors.
leenoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 07:20 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies - just wanted to check in - hope everybody's having a great day. I am so far, Mondays are usually my day off so that's always fun! So far today I am on plan, but no exercise yet. Gotta get on that.

Michelle - Welcome!!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #12  

Default Thank goodness Monday is just about over....

Hello!

I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if I ramble. I'm bored just waiting for my boyfriend to get home from work. Figured writing was better than eating! I have lost 7lbs in my first 5 days so far and I don't want to ruin that! LOL. Although, I am contiplating allowing myself ONE GREEN DRINK for tomorrow's St Patty's day celebrations! It's the least I can do being IRISH and all!

I hope everyone had a great day!
KeLsTeR75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 11:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

Meredithann - I just finished Twilight and am now reading New Moon. I teach high school English so it has been fun discussing it with my students.

I have not been on track for losing the 6 pounds I wanted to by the end of March. I haven't lost any so far. I guess I have to kick it up a notch. A friend of mine is doing a cleansing and fasting for two days and then slowly adding calories each day. I've heard it feels good to fast, but I think I would get way too cranky.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote