Old 10-23-2008, 08:03 AM   #1  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

Default 30-Something Chat, Oct. 23rd

Can't believe it's Thursday already! Wow. That said, 'morning ladies!

It's getting very cold here in Western North Carolina. Me, being the girl who just moved here in June after having grown up in the Sunshine State is getting a shock to my system with the weather (born in NY, but moved when I was 5). And, not only do I not have much in the way of winter-wear, but my clothes are starting to get big on me! Ha. So, I'm going to have to hunt some goodwill stores or something this weekend I suppose.

Didn't have a good workout last night. Probably my worst ever up to this point. I was exhausted and my calves hurt, so keeping up with Jillian's Shred was hard. Hoping to get through this tonight though, as I'm going to head to the fitness center first, then do her workout and see how that goes. Also, it will give me a good hour or more of a workout!

Hope you all are doing well today!
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 something chat thurs oct 23th

Morning all..guess i'll start the thread. hope everyone is doing well.

DH and I are taking a train ride thr the blueridge moutains today. Should be fun.

Ranger-may be your body is still a bit worn out from being sick..hope the workout went better

as for the WW question...i bet the guy is just really interested in WW. I've had a few people that we embarssed to think about going on WW but really wanted to do it. Is the guy thin???? if so then maybe he's just curious if he has a little weight it may be he's interested in it for him

Alright all...hope everyone is well.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:06 AM   #3  

lol we were posting at the same time...hopefully a mod will come and combine our threads (:

Ranger btw where in NC do you live...dh and i visit Ashevill all the time...love that area.

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 10-23-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:24 AM   #4  
Believe it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorgalstuckinGA View Post
lol we were posting at the same time...hopefully a mod will come and combine our threads (:

Ranger btw where in NC do you live...dh and i visit Ashevill all the time...love that area.
Ha!

I'm presently in Hendersonville. Plan on moving to Asheville next summer since that's really where I wanted to be. I just work in HVL, so it was easier when I moved from FL to move here first.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:27 AM   #5  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Mornin' ladies... Happy Thursday!
Going to visit the hubs for lunch today, then journey over to Target. I have a few things to pick up and they have a play area, so I'll let the kiddies play in it for while.
Still on my tea kick. Actually going to make a cup once I finish up here. It isn't all that bad. I actually had 3 yesterday, because I was chilly and my cramps were awful . Good thing they have curbed today, thus far. I don't want today to be like yesterday and get nothing done. I have things that need be done, today.

RangerChic --- Have fun shopping for new clothes!

GG --- I'll reply on this thread, I guess. Have fun with your dh today.

Check on ya all later...
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:31 AM   #6  
Believe it, be it

Sorry about your cramps yesterday Pear. Hopefully, today you won't have to deal with them. No fun being a girl sometimes.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:34 AM   #7  

ranger-hendersonville is a very nice town too. We've stopped there a few times on our trips back. I love that whole area. Although right now, i'm liking the north Atlanta area too. I grew up in florida and never thought i'd like the cold...but i'm learning to love the mountains...and getting use to the cold (i just bundle up). DH and I got married outside of asheville, that's how much we like the area (:. I have a few of my pics from asheville everytime we go. I would love to bring my horse up to the biltmore and ride on the property, maybe one day i will.

Thanks pear-should be fun...DH is fascinated with choochoo's. Hopefully the leaves will look good.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:48 AM   #8  
Believe it, be it

Gator, it's an awesome area, both HVL and AVL. Really hoping to meet my future hubby here, since I've been single for years now. I decided that "Mr. Right" wasn't in Florida.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Good morning all!

Pear... glad to hear you're feeling a little better today. I get cramps bad too and am due today or tomorrow. We must be posting too much since we're going to all start getting Aunt Flo at the same time!! LOL

Ranger... You need a rest day girl!! Your muscles are screaming for some repair time! Just enjoy the day today! You are still working hard to meet your goals if you take a day off... K?

GG... that is excellent news on your horsie!!!!!!! I would love to have a horse and my daughter loves to ride too. She took lessons for a while but the expense just got to be too much. She says when she gets a job, (she's 11), she will go back to it. I'm impressed by that statement. Shows that she is willing to work for what she wants.

Have a great day to everyone!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:17 AM   #10  
Believe it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppyseeds View Post
Ranger... You need a rest day girl!! Your muscles are screaming for some repair time! Just enjoy the day today! You are still working hard to meet your goals if you take a day off... K?
Ha, believe me, I've rested. Sunday I didn't really do anything and Tuesday was a no-workout.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:31 AM   #11  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

Morning everyone. I am not happy today. I know I have read a million posts where people hit a plauteau or are even gain weight when they are still doing everything "right". And, of course, I always think they need to relax and wait it out. Well, it seems I cannot walk the walk. I am so, so mad. On Sat I weighed in at 179.8 - I was thrilled to be below 180. Now I expected that my weight would shift around a bit but since that day it has steadily increased!! 179.8 on Sat, 180.2 on Sun, 180.4 on Mon, etc... Well today I wieghed in and it was 181.4! And to make matters worse my stupid Wii Fit thing keeps telling me I a gaining every night when I step on the scale!! I know I shouldn't care but I do. So what do I do this morning when I see the scale? Work out harder? Eat healthier? Nope - I went back to bed. No C25K this morning, no 30 Day Shred.
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:04 AM   #12  
Believe it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by asparagus4sale View Post
Morning everyone. I am not happy today. I know I have read a million posts where people hit a plauteau or are even gain weight when they are still doing everything "right". And, of course, I always think they need to relax and wait it out. Well, it seems I cannot walk the walk. I am so, so mad. On Sat I weighed in at 179.8 - I was thrilled to be below 180. Now I expected that my weight would shift around a bit but since that day it has steadily increased!! 179.8 on Sat, 180.2 on Sun, 180.4 on Mon, etc... Well today I wieghed in and it was 181.4! And to make matters worse my stupid Wii Fit thing keeps telling me I a gaining every night when I step on the scale!! I know I shouldn't care but I do. So what do I do this morning when I see the scale? Work out harder? Eat healthier? Nope - I went back to bed. No C25K this morning, no 30 Day Shred.
aspar, it's just temporary. It's probably water weight. Is it that time of month? Or, maybe did you not drink enough water this week/have too much sodium?
No matter what it is, do NOT give up. You get right up and keep going girl! Maybe not weigh yourself for a couple days. Daily weigh-ins can be bad IMO. But, you get out of that bed and get moving!

(just thought of something else, it could be muscle!)

Last edited by RangerChic; 10-23-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:57 PM   #13  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Ranger. I know I think the daily weigh-ins have to stop. I was dreaming about it last night! Not a good sign... And I have already made plans to go running tonight and to do my 30 Day Shred when I get home so I am going to make up for this morning. I will defeat this!!
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:38 PM   #14  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:16 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Definitely stop the daily weigh-ins. I can't do that. The frustration is just too much for me. I weigh in on Saturday morning ONLY... before breakfast, butt naked and after a trip to the potty!! (I never get weighed without dropping some friends off in the pool first!! LOL)

Stop the going back to bed... get up and bust a move!!! ROFL!!!!!

One more week to go at the **** hole! Napoleon still hasn't said a word... sheesh... He's on vaca next wednesday and thursday so he won't even be there!! Woohoo!!

Last edited by poppyseeds; 10-23-2008 at 05:16 PM.
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote