Old 10-08-2008, 04:13 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

HI everyone !

me! this is a wonderful place, glad you joined us!

gg enjoy your day off!

sbd hello! my little dudes (4 yorkies) hate baths but after they get out they are so happy to be clean! it is crazy!

Alicia thank you for the good wishes, sorry your lady is now in hospice, what is wrong?
good luck with the job searchinb! did you see the last picture on facebook, we were all so little it is a black and white LOL!

Pam to you and to Frankie!

Kati i don't remember seeing you before, but that doesn't mean anything! I am not here everyday like I like too!

Well today is Yom Kippur and I had to make a dessicion of where we were going for services, we are going to the very orthodox synagogue, I am not too happy going there, but the other place we were going to is too reform! I am not fasting tho.
I will see you guys later

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 04:59 PM   #17  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lois lane View Post

me4life, welcome...Have you been here before, I could swear I remember you.

very possible but its been a long time
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 06:45 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

welcome me4life...

for those that asked...i do various things at the aquarium. Today i was a greeter. Hang out at the enterance, greet people, hand out maps and show people where the bathroom is (that is usually the number one question LOL). I have just started volunteering...so i'm starting with some of the basic stuff. Eventually i want to either help with behind the scenes stuff like vet tech or husbandry. Or even help with the dive program...take the families to view their loved ones swimming with the whale sharks. I love volunteering there. In exchange for volunteer work, i get two annula passes and 5 daily passes a year. Plus when the aquarium is close to closing...its so nice just to sit in front of the tanks and watch the animals in peace and quiet. It was funny today because all the animals were very lazy today. It was an ugly rainy day and when i walked around right before closing the belugas and the sea otter were all just napping. I guess even animal get the snuggle up and sleep mode when its rainy.

hey to everyone else...i'm off to check email

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 10-08-2008 at 06:46 PM.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 07:57 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

GG ~ that is so cool! I would love to see the Atlanta Aquarium. Liam loves aquariums. We've been to Shedd's in Chicago, SeaWorld and a small, but really cool aquarium in Newport, Kentucky. Atlanta is definitely at the "top" of his list!
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:25 PM   #20  

Default Hi there--can I join you?

HI. I'm new to 3FC and would really like to join an active group like this. I'm 36, married, and I have a 21 month old daughter. I live in south Florida.

I'd like to lose about 65 lbs overall, and have lost about 9 of them so far. I'm still losing my baby weight from almost 2 years ago (sad that I actually weigh about the same as I did when I went to the hospital to have her--not sure how that happened!). Obviously, I was carrying some extra weight before I got pregnant as well.

Not sure what my exact plan is. For one, I'd like to stop all the munching during the day. I'd like to stop finishing DD's plate when she's done eating and leaves some behind. I'd like to start eating more whole/natural foods and less processed foods/junk.

What works best for me is a solid exercise program and not a lot of rules when it comes to food (I rebel and overeat when I restrict too much). So, for now I'd really like to concentrate on daily activity--well 5x per week to start. I'll take the food issue little by little from there. Baby steps.

OK, enough rambling, thanks for having me.

-Shari
Shari926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:31 PM   #21  

welcome shari

Joan-the ga aquarium is pretty nice

well guys let's see if this works...i took me about 1.5 hrs but i finally posted my pics from italy. its on facebook so hopefully you won't have to join.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1035347353

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1035347353
Old 10-08-2008, 08:38 PM   #22  
Believe it, be it

S/C/G: 198/ticker/125

Height: 5'0"

I have a sorta strange question... anyone know if it's bad to pre-prepare a tuna fish sandwich on toasted bread? I LOVE my tuna on toasted bread and wondered if it would still be good if I toasted the bread, prepared the actual sandwich and bagged it up for lunch tomorrow. Never tried this. Silly, I know.
RangerChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:45 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 181/150/135

So, I have been getting a bad habit at work. I am now ordering a big soft pretzel with nacho sauce for break. Ahhhh...I bring my fiber bar everyday and I eat that too. I have to just not bring any money to work. I was being so good and lately it has just been so hard.

Everything else is going really well. I am so happy to have everyone in the family healthy. I am happy because I have a busy rest of the week with book club and yoga and Homecoming activities.
rileyozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 08:47 PM   #24  
Believe it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyozzy View Post
So, I have been getting a bad habit at work. I am now ordering a big soft pretzel with nacho sauce for break. Ahhhh...I bring my fiber bar everyday and I eat that too. I have to just not bring any money to work. I was being so good and lately it has just been so hard.
riley, I'm finding that being broke is sort of helpful in the area of buying bad food. That said, maybe fooling yourself by not bringing the money is a thing to try.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:49 PM   #25  

rangerchic-i find if you make tuna sandwhich too soon, the bread gets soggy. I usually bring the bread and tuna seperate.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:19 PM   #26  
Believe it, be it

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorgalstuckinGA View Post
rangerchic-i find if you make tuna sandwhich too soon, the bread gets soggy. I usually bring the bread and tuna seperate.
Good idea! Thx.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:25 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 218/207.6/130

Height: 5'3

rileyozzy- I can relate about the money issues. I find all the healthy food is so expensive. Glad to hear everything is going well for you.

me4life & Shari- Just wanted to welcome you!
barbarajean2605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:53 PM   #28  
Maintanier to the MAX

S/C/G: Maintainer

Howdy Ladies

GG ---- Wow that Aquarium volunteering job sounds like a ton of fun- even if you are pointing to direction of the bathroom a lot. I liked how you said when it was close to closing time and you were walking and noticed how calm and peaceful the animals were.... I'd of loved to experience that myself. I'll live vicariously through you though - so please, share more of your volunteering experiences. I look forward to hearing more.

Shari --- Looking forward to more of your posts.
I am a gym goer too (4-5 x's a week). But not a total health nut--- well I do love my fruits and veggies, but chocolate has a spot in my Food Pyramid too.

rileyozzy --- Oh soft pretzles and cheese- mmmmm, De-lish. Just buy it, send it my way.

Well Good Evening Everyone, hope that Wednesday Went Well For All... I am out of here.
PearFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:18 PM   #29  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

riley, where do you work that you can get soft pretzels? I'm afraid I would be in trouble, I can taste one now...

GG, the aquarium sounds great. I can't see the pics, even after signing in.

Hanna, after the lady fell she just hasn't been the same, shes 94. I did see the black and white pic, very cute. Did you go to school with the same group all through the grades?
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:24 PM   #30  

The aquarium is very peaceful near closing time. Very few people and you can just really watch the critters. Its fun. I enjoy doing work there.

hmmm...i'll try to post pics tomorrow on my flckr acct then. But it took me way to long tonight to do it again LOL

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 10-08-2008 at 10:25 PM.