Old 09-29-2008, 04:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 227.4/227.4/150

Height: 5'1"

Default It's time to get serious!

I started my diet today-I decided to start back at WW this week. I'm at 222lbs as of today. My goal is to be in the 130's by next June 1st, 2009. I figured it's real if I tell someone and put myself out there so I'm accountable.
I was really inspired by this website and all the before and after pics.
So here I go........
futuresize6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:37 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

I see you've found the 30-somethings There's also a WW area (under Diet Central) and a 100lb club you may want to check out as well.

I'm a WW member, as well, and have found much success with the program.

Please keep posting wherever you're comfortable, and keep us updated!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/162/135

Height: 5'5"

Question October 1 is the first day of my HEALTHY life

Hello Everyone!

I am so glad I found this site. I starting "dieting" one year ago December. I started at 184 I weigh 160. I lost to 150, but I gained 10 lbs back.. I started with a "buddy" from work. We joined a gym together and we worked out together for about 6 months, she got bored and I kept it up until last month.
I need support, some where I HAVE to tell people my weight. So, I am ready to start! I would like to join the October challenge, but I do not know where to go. Can some one help me??

Thanks!
bbowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Bbowles &

There are a number of challenges on 3FC. Check out the Chicks up for a Challenge area to start. There are places to post our weekly weights, and boards to post our exercise & food as well.

Take a little time to look around. Post where you're comfortable.

You'll definitely find support here.

Last edited by Lovely; 09-29-2008 at 10:03 PM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 02:00 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 195 / 147 / 145

Height: 5'9"

Welcome, futuresize6! Don't be frustrated by the amount you want to lose. You'll be going in the right direction the entire journey!
LessEveryDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/215/175

Height: 5'3"

Default looking for support

I'm turning 37 this month and have decided to be "fit & 40" realizing it will a long time to reach my goal. I'm 220 as of this morning and would like to break 200 by the end of the year as a short term goal. I agree writing this all down may help make the commitment real. Any tips on getting started? I've been doing 20-min pilates early in the morning but don't think this alone will make the fat melt away. I read some blogs and see some people are walking 1 hr everyday plus exercising. Am I just lazy or does that seem like a lot of exercise time to squeeze in. Maybe I should add a 20 min walk on my lunch?
fitand40hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:49 AM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Fit, I don't have any exercise tips for you, since I fail miserably there too. But I think your idea of adding a 20 minute walk at lunch is perfect, if you have the time to do it! I would not have time to walk 1 hr., plus exercise. A 20 minute lunch walk, I could do...if I was motivated!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote