Old 08-02-2008, 07:39 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Somethings Weekend Chat Aug 2-3

GOOD MORNING GIRLS!!!

First off, let me say HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNAH!!!! I said that in my log post I had typed up, forgot to put it in the new, shorter version...sounds like you had a great one. My niece is in good company with her birthday celebration!!!

Yana, congrats on the ticker!!!

Kori, hope you enjoyed the evening with the kitties!!!

Hi Trish!!! Hope you are able to get all the paperwork together, and that it goes off without a hitch!!

Valerie, yes, I agree...I am looking at the calorie counts of everything, finding it makes SUCH a complete difference in how I am eating!!!

JOan, hope the hubby gets the job he wants...is it still with AB, or another company?? Also, as for Liam, I'm dealing with a similar thing with Frankie...he's not listening much lately. He goes in spurts with his behavior. Just know that I'm feeling for ya sista!!! This too shall pass!!

Lauren, how's mom doing?? How's Eli??

Alicia, anything new with the job??

Toni, Erin, Lisa, everyone else...HEY!!!

It's thunderstorming here now, so now 2 mile walk today WE are having two couples over tonight for drinks/munchies...I am going to be so good I promise. Don't want to blow all the work I've done...before that, I'm giong to drop off the kids at my MIL's (DH is working), and go visit my new niece at the hospital..then to come home & clean.

Okay, gotta go get a shower, then off to Target to get a gift...will check in later..

HAVE A SUPAH DUPAH DAY!!!

Cheers,
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:35 AM   #2  

Well, I had a great, long night out of the house getting my hair done and shopping last night. It was wonderful. Today, we are taking the kids to a parade and then my parents are keeping at least the twins, maybe the younger one, all night. Yes! My hubby will be gone all evening but I don't mind being by myself and getting some things done. And even though I am out and about and it's the weekend, I can STILL be healthy today w/my eating choices!!! Have a great Saturday!! Rikki
RLK2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:09 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Been awake since 5:30, fell asleep briefly on the sofa after getting "pushed" out of bed.

I think reality is setting in for mom now...more pain, since she's now in rehab and they are working her more often. She does the CPM machine (that moves her knee up and down) in bed for 3 hrs. a day, one leg a day. They make her take 2 percaset (sp) in the AM before PT, because she will be in pain. It just knocks her out though. She said she could barely keep awake to pay attention to what they wanted her to do! Today I'm bringing her a portable DVD player, so she can listen to music and watch movies we bring her. I don't think she's gonna be awake much to enjoy it though.

Rikki, Glad you had a great time! Have fun today too!

Pam, I believe those tstorms are headed my way, forecast says scattered tstorms. Guess we're not going to the pool today. That means we'll be home cleaning. DH has already started, so I better get started doing something, before I start hearing about it!

I have been logging my food on the Daily Plate, and I have to say I really like it, it's much easier to find/add foods than Fitday. It's definitely an eye-opener to see in print how much I'm eating. They allow me over 1900 cals a day, supposedly to lose 2 lbs. a week. I try not to eat that much, because I think that's too much. Unfortunately I have had a couple of bad 2K plus days. I'm trying to stay around 1800 though. It is helping me to think twice about eating stuff that i don't have nutrition info for. If i can't log it, I shouldn't eat it.

I bought a new Rubbermaid water bottle that holds 32 oz., and I have to say it's definitely helping my drink more. I find that when I was using the regular poland spring bottles, i wasn't getting up often enough to refill them, so I was only drinking maybe 2-3 bottles a day (at work). With the new bottle, I have been drinking consistantly 3 bottles, sometimes 4 a day, at work!! That's almost a gallon!! Yeah, I'm also constantly peeing, but usually my body gets used to it after awhile. My scale is staying at 254.4, aside from the other night when I had BK for dinner. It was up to 256 the next day, but it's back down.

OK, have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Lauren.... I agree. If you can't write it, you shouldn't bite it!! LOL I loved that! Logging my calories has really helped me too. It really is an eye-opener. I make sure I log what I'm eating even if I go off program. That way I am at least taking ownership in the decisions I'm making. It would be so easy to eat bad and not log it as if to say "If I don't log it, it didn't happen!" LOL No... we must stay true to ourselves.

Rikki - Enjoy your evening. I was noticing last night how quiet the house was. My son was at work and my daughter was at a friends and it was just me and hubby. When I mentioned it, he was like "better get used to it... you stuck with just me now" LOL...

Pam... I didn't hear the thunderstorms but I was dead to the world at the time you were posting. I had a rough two nights. I had stomach cramps and regular cramps (just the word "cramp" sounds like a cramp.. doesn't it?) the past two nights which kept me up. Plus the fatigue from TOM... bleah. Have fun visiting the baby!!!

So today was weigh day and I am bloated to the max but I still managed to go from 232 to 231.6 which is not bad considering. Any loss is better than none so I am pleased. I had a good week this week. I exercised every day and even incorporated strength training in this week. I always forget how much I actually like to exercise. I usually get discouraged by the scale at some point and lose my momentum but I refuse to do that this time. I have a nice long goal date (6/28/10) and this is NOT a race. It is not a diet, it is a lifestyle. I just repeat that in my head about a million times a day...

Have a fabulous saturday everyone!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 11:11 AM   #5  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone!

Hanna, sorry I missed your birthday, hope you had a great day! Congrats on Sean's promotion!

Lauren, I so agree with you about the daily plate, so much easier than fit day. Lauren, hope recovery for you mom goes well. Did you say shes in long term rehab?

Pam, congrats on your new little niece. I love the name Lola too.

I've been trying to keep track of my calories lately too. When you start adding it sure does add up quickly, huh?

Okay, I told myself I wouldn't get mad today when I got home from work. I did good till I saw DH was hiding a car in the garage. Did he seriously think I wouldn't see it? I could smell it the minute I walked in the house, lol. Smells travel up from the garage. I started to go off on him, but I'm just gonna let it go. Breathe in, breathe out. LOL. Okay thanks for letting me vent.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Don't have any plans yet. It's tax free weekend here. Anywhere else? It's not really a great savings unless your spending hundeds of dollas. Might go and get a few things for the kids.

Talk later! Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 12:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

I'm enjoying my new scale. I think my cats have been threatening it to be nicer to me. I'm going to be a good girl today, and stay home and get my things done, and go for a jog this afternoon. Yes, the cats like me again. Who knows why.
Good Drinking, Lauren!
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:17 PM   #7  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Kori, when is your wedding?

Alicia, she's in inpatient rehab. Not sure if that's considered long term? She'll be there possibly a month. Guess it depends on her progress.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Hi, Lauren! It's Aug 30. Countdown. The dress does fit, but I'm still nervous. I didn't join the bride forum, because I won't be one forever, and I wanted to make friends with people like me that I wouldn't lose track of after their Big Day.
I hope your Mom is doing Okay. Is she keeping her spirits up? When she's awake, I mean?
Kofarq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:55 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6

Hey Val...my MIL lives in Churchville, she didn't get any of the thunderstorm. Now it's sunny...hope it stays that way!!!

Alicia, hiding a car??!!! Are you kidding me?? I'd freak too...nothing wrong with you, girl. Glad you like the name Lola...their first is Ava cause they liked it, the second was Grace after her grandmother, and Lola was my (and my brother's) grandma, so I think It was pretty sweet. The unfortunate thing is my brother is Albert IV, and it looks like it's gonna end with him...they're done.

Kori, hope everything is coming along for the big day. I think it's nice that you chose this forum...good thinking ahead.

Okay, gotta go get cleaning...company in 3 hours, and we just got home. Hope everyone has a super weekend!!!

Cheers!
P
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 06:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 191/179.4/135

Height: 5/2"

Just popping in to say HI!! I have been doing homework all day. Yuck. Just 3 more weeks of this semester, then I get a month off. I can't wait!! Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Lauren - Here's wishing your mom a speedy recovory!
Alicia - I agree with pmasci - "Hiding a car?!?!"
Kofarq - Hope things go well for your wedding!
poppyseeds - You should be proud of your loss - anything is still a loss!!
RLK2005 - Enjoy your time alone!
pmasci - Congratulations on becoming an Aunt - again!!!

Good luck for the rest of the weekend!
Holly
hollymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 08:43 PM   #11  
Cheryl

S/C/G: 244.5/see ticker/180

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum, but I think this is a good "fit" for me. I'm 34 and the single mom of a 5 year old boy.

Lauren, I think we share the same goal/height. What are you doing to lose weight? Also, I just spent 8 days in Cape May, NJ. Is that in your neck of the woods? Congratulations on the weight loss!

I just started the Metabolic Research Center on July 17. So far, I've lost 8.5 pounds. It's rough and fast, but I need something radical to get my butt in gear. I was 180 pounds before I had my son. I gained a ton of weight and just need to get back to "normal." Hopefully I will get there and stay!

Kori, congrats on your upcoming wedding. Even more congrats on trimming down amid all of the stress of wedding plans. I hope it's a beautiful day for you!
cp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:09 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/160

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome Cheryl! I'm sure you'll fit right in. We all chat here but some of us are also members of sparkpeople.com. You can sign up free, log your food and fitness and get so much info. There are message boards and you gain points as you visit different parts of the site.

btw... Cape May is my favorite place in the world!!!! My family has been going there for decades. We all just can't wait to visit each year. I hope you had a good time!!
poppyseeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:35 PM   #13  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone and cheryl!

I didn't get on yesterday, so have to say happy belated birthday Hannah and congrats on the new niece Pam!

I had IL's watch the kids yesterday (they offered) and some friends came over...we drank wine and cooked, went over my calories but not by too much. I felt good about it considering the circumstances. Then today I took the kids to the state fair here in town (it's only here for a week) and did well with my eating, didn't pig out on all sorts of fried food. Kids didn't really nap well so I am looking forward to an earlier bedtime tonight...oooooooo, I almost forgot, Aylin slept from 1am to 6am last night!!!!! 5 straight hours! It was GLORIOUS. It has rained so much this summer that we actually have flooding here in Fairbanks, I would like a little thunderstorm just for a change of pace, the constant drizzle is driving me bonkers! Apparently we might get some sun late next week...

Pam, enjoy that new little one, they smell so sweet.

Alicia, I totally agree, A NEW CAR!?!?!?? hiding it in the garage!!!!!!!!!

Valerie, I love your positive thinking and long term way of looking at weight loss, really keeps things in perspective.

Holly, good luck with the rest of your semester, what are you in school for?

Lauren, great idea with the huge water bottle, do you know how many oz. are in the "8 glasses" that you are supposed to have a day? Great idea with the DVD player, hope your mom continues to do well.

Rikki, enjoy your alone time tonight.

Last edited by mamatoni; 08-02-2008 at 10:36 PM.
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 02:08 AM   #14  
making progress again!

S/C/G: 210/208.4/170

Height: 5'8"

Sooooooo...I know that nobody has posted since my last, but I have been thinking that I really need a mini goal for myself. I had a vague goal of trying to lose weight over the summer so I would look great (or at least better ) when I go back to school in the fall. Well, that didn't happen, gained about 5 pounds on my vacation the first 2 weeks of summer and never lost it . I guess the summer hasn't been a total loss, I did develop some better exercise habits and feel a lot stronger, but darned if I am going to go back to school heavier than I left!!!!!!

Anyway, don't know if any of you have mini goals for yourself, or if you want to share, but here is my (semi-unrealistic) mini goal. I want to - no I WILL be under 200 by August 13th when I go back to work!

This morning I was 207.5 so that is at least 7.5 lbs in 11 days. Sounds like a lot, but I lose weight really fast in the beginning (when I start eating right), then slow down, so I think I can do it.

Sorry for the lengthy post. Do any of you have mini goals you want to share?
mamatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 08:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Morning all...sorry i've been a bit MIA. Work has been chaotic and i'm trying to get ready for my trip to italy...i leave Saturday. I hope everyone is well. Today is my day off..and i'm going up to the outlet mall about 45 min away since its tax free weekend here in Georgia. Time to shop for some new duds for my trip (:

Mama-definately give it a shot..but please ensure that you don't set yourself up for failure in the sense that you are so disappointed if you don't make the goal you go off the deep end. Just focus...you can do it. Hang in there.

alicia-holy cow...a new car? what was dh thinking LOL. Hopefully it was a cheeper car with good mpgs?

alicia-how's mom and how's eli doing?

welcome cheryl-this is a great place

hey to everyone else...enjoy this sunday!

Last edited by GatorgalstuckinGA; 08-03-2008 at 08:40 AM.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote