Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 10:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/182/150

Default Work out music exchange?

After finding this amazing group in the time frame that I am dedicating to being a better me, I thought of something fun. But I am not sure what the interest level would be.

Would you all be interested in a "secret Santa" kind of thing, but more like a "secret" work out CD exchange? I am assuming that most of us have itunes or a similar music program, where we could easily burn a c.d. to send to an assigned person.

I fully realize that exchanging addresses online is a slippery slope. I am part of an online dog group, and the first year I was there, they did a Christmas gift exchange, and I was timid about that, not sure I was comfortable giving my address.

So, I am just gauging interest. Maybe some of you will say that they would be comfortable if a more established member organized it, or will say that I should pose this again, once I am more established.

I just think it would be so cool to do, since it would be inspirational to get a c.d. made from someone else's favorites, that inspire them.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:30 PM   #2  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

Yes, I would. I'd be even more interested in an MP3 disk exchange (that could be as many as 150-200 songs!). I'm not sure what the legal concerns may be though.
Old 03-19-2008, 10:44 PM   #3  

OK, SoulBliss...now you are just getting too technical for me!! But if you could walk me through it, and it is something I could do with my computer, I would love to!

But, even though a CD only affords around 11 songs, we still could download our new CD to our music program, and put it on our MP3, right?

I just figured out how to put songs on my cheapie MP3 about three weeks ago, when my son was going on a road trip and was desperate! I wound up having to drag and drop as I could not figure out the program that came with the MP3!
Old 03-19-2008, 10:58 PM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

A. Choose carefully. iTunes only allows 7 "burns" for any song purchased through them.

B. It is illegal.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:43 AM   #5  

Itunes is where I have my music stored. I mean if I download a purchased CD to my computer, it is in Itunes. I know that Itunes also sells music, and that is where the downloading would be in violation.
Old 03-20-2008, 08:39 AM   #6  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Actually, the violation is the process of copying a song and then distributing it. It's copyright infringement.
Old 03-20-2008, 11:10 AM   #7  
it's always something

Good point, Junebug.

Sorry!
Closed Thread