Old 03-01-2008, 10:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/152/148

Height: 5'7

Default Room for one more??

Hello Everyone! I am a long-time lurker, first-time poster.

The support and advice given here really keeps me motivated. I hope I can offer the same assistance to others out there.

I am have been actively trying to get fit and lose some weight over the last couple of months. I am down 14 pounds and have worked my way up to a 2 mile run. (Won't go into how long it takes me to run it, but I am very satisfied with my accomplishment). My husband is very supportive and I want to continue on this path.

I really haven't determined a "final" goal as I am working my way through 5-10 pounds at a time. Once I get to a weight and fitness level I am happy at, I will work on maintenance.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can offer and I look forward to joining you all!
Baskgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 10:15 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/168/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi Baskgal! I'm new too! 2 mile run thats great! I have ran before but I move like a glazier,, i do mostly fast walking uphill welcome!
Goldm00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 07:38 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Bask! Glad you came out of lurk mode!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:00 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/152/148

Height: 5'7

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Goldm00n, I guess we are the newest rookies to this board. Don't think I am supersonic fast on my modest 2mile run. I am just glad my husband doesn't have to send the search team out for me!
Baskgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/168/150

Height: 5'4"

he he he I hear yea! It took me a long time to beable to jog the entire time,, I can walk uphill for 6 miles but once you start jogging even at the same speed it just wipes you out! Whats amazing is it says you burn the same amount of calories gosh that just doesn't seem right does it? I mean your using so many more muscles! I just bought a new book its called Chi Running so i am kinda excited will have to let you know what i think.
Goldm00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:31 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Baskgirl! You'll love it here!
sapphireheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 06:50 AM   #7  
Nikki

S/C/G: 198/189/140

Height: 5'4

Welcome Baskgal! I'm new here also and I'm getting some great ideas, advice and support. The people here are very nice. 2 mile run? You go girl! I'm happy that I can do my treadmill without falling off! I just started my weight loss journey (again) in the last week.

The mini-goal idea is great, that way it doesn't seem so overwhelming. And the 14lbs...great going!

~Nikki
pflughzy is offline   Reply With Quote