Old 12-22-2007, 07:32 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Weekend Chat: 12/22-12/23

Mornin' All!

Welcome to the weekend! I've been up since 5 (thanks for forgetting to NOT set your alarm, hon) But, I've got my coffee, and the roofers arrived a little while ago. Now I'm sitting at my dining room table contemplating moving, because my chandelier is jiggling and the lights are blinking and it sounds like a couple people are gonna drop into my house any minute!

I'm off in a little while to get my mom's stuff from the rehab place, because she's in the hospital again. She saw her surgeon and he said she's very malnurished, so he put a feeding tube in. Then in Feb. or so he's doing a revision to her surgery, to cut out the ulcer. In good news though, her leg is almost completely healed. She doesn't need the whirlpool treatments anymore and she can shower and change the dressings herself.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 09:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 Something Weekend Chat: Dec 22-23

Morning all......
well my parents got in last night...its great seeing them. They will stay through Christmas. I actually am off untli the day after christmas...so its great! I survived work yesterday....barely! Anything that could go wrong...did. I had one petnurse call in sick..and then another one get slammed into a cabinet by a big dog. When she stood up she was very dizzy...so i had to send her to the dr's...for fear of a concussion. It was just a crazy day. Nothing to complain about...just felt that maybe the god's were angry at me LOL. I also had to give bad new to 4 of my clients so...even less fun...but oh well..i made it...and now i have a 4 days weekend WOOHOOO.
Eating department is not so good. But i'll try to be better today.
Hope everyone is doing well
Patricia
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 09:16 AM   #3  

Height: 5'6

GOOD MORNING!!!

HOpe this finds everyone well.

Lauren, hope your mom does better on the tube. Sad for her to be in the hosp right now, but at least she'll get the care she needs.

John, so sorry you are depressed. Sounds like you will have fun with your "costume" though!!!

Carrie, WELCOME!!! So nice to have new people, and everyone here is super supportive!!

Okay, so I got up at 7 and was out at Wegman's (which was already crowded!!) then to Target to get a few stocking stuffers that everyone had been out of!! Luckily they finally got them in stock. Having a family cocktail party tonight, then a freind's party tomorrow, then to my bro-in-law's on Christmas Eve...busy, busy, busy!! On top of that, I got an order for a cookie bouquet for a baby boy...told them I can't deliver it till Thursday...it'll be nice to get a few bucks, though, to pay for some stuff. I've already spent 120.00 this am and it's only 9:12!!

Okay, off to clean the house...will try to check in tomorrow!!

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 01:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

I'm trying pam.

I'm just trying to finish out this day at work so I can have my 4 day weekend.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 06:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/212.6/140

It sounds like we are all busy, busy, busy.

I got my DS up this morning and we hit the mall. I had one gift left and my dad hadn't gotten any stocking stuffers for my mom, so I said I would pick them up. It wasn't to bad. Then we ran to a few other places and had lunch. However, then we went to Target and the parking lot was a mess. Target itself was fine, just the parking lot was a mess.

I didn't eat the best lunch but dinner should be fine so my day should balance out food wise.

Jasmine

P.S. I think it was this board but someone asked if I was a teacher. I am, I teach an elementary class for children who are emtionally disturbed.
tanner'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 09:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning all!

Lauren sorry your mom is back in the hospital, I hope they take great care of her! is she going to be home for X-Mas?
Are you getting a new roof? Lots of excitement at your house!

Pam good luck w/the parties!

John how good to see you! sorry you are depressed

GG enjoy your parent's visit!

Carrie!!!

Jasmine you are very special person to be able to work w/special needs kids, my son was in an E.D class but now he goes to a school that only teaches children w/special need and emotionally disturbed, he is bipolar. Most of the children in his school are foster children and a great % of them live in campus. I admire all of you!!!

Today was an OK day, the first part of the AM was not too good for me, I sliced my finger w/a very sharp knife, Sean was all over the place, I really wanted to clean the garage, which "should" always be clean, DH insisted on putting epoxy coating on the floor, and he chose to do it in pure white, "so he could take of it" well guess who has to keep it clean, you guessed it~ me! One of my neighbors was going out to run errands and her little girl didn't want to go, so she asked me if I could watch her, of course I said yes, I was going to be home anyway, I asked the mom if she minded if I asked her girl to help us clean the garage, she said no problem! then another girl 7 yrs old too, came by to play, well I got all 3 kids (2 neighbors + Sean) to help clean, they wanted to know if I was going to pay them, mind you must of the mess in the garage was toys they all left everywhere on the floor, but I agreed to pay them. The younger of the 2 girls suggested I take them to Chuck E. Cheese as payment, I said depending on how good of a job we all do LOL. Well they did clean, they did help a lot putting toys away and getting things in the right piles, when I was finishing off, they were busy running around, they dropped a coke on the floor after all that work and there was popcorn all over the floor, well I cleaned it all up and off we went to Chuck E. Cheese, we were there for 3 hrs. they had a good time. I enjoyed it too, I sat at a table and munched on and apple pizza (dessert) it was actually pretty good and knitted, the kids came to check in w/me every time they ran out of coins, before I realized I had spent quiet a bit of $$$ in coins, but we all had a good time, so I guess it was worth it! and by the time we got home the were not only happy but fed! Sean is going to watch TV for a little while before he goes to bed and I am going to jump in the bath tub, I can't wait!

See you all tomorrow!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 10:58 PM   #7  

Hannah-Thanks for the kind words. I love the kids I teach. They drive me wacky a lot of days, but I love seeing them succeed. I am really luck right now they are doing really well. I have a couple of kids who are in foster homes. Your son is very lucky to have a mom who cares so much.

Patricia-I know you are a vet and I have a random question. My guniea pig was treated for mange last summer. What looks like the same thing has reappeared. Can they get it again? His environment has not changed and he has not been exposed to other animals. I am going to take him in next week. Luckily my mom's cousin is a vet. I just am not that close to her except for when I take my animals in. The funny thing is she gives me a family discount, but I have still spent more in vet bills then I spent on the animal. He was for my classroom, but the new principal is allergic so now he is at my home.

Have some great dreams everyone!

Jasmine
Old 12-23-2007, 09:20 AM   #8  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

Hannah, Sounds like overall you had a pretty good day yesterday...except for being close to broke! Is your finger OK?? Yes, we got a new roof! It looks soo nice. I was having second thoughts about the color - green - but I think I'm alright with it. Too late now if I wasn't! Of course, I'm officially in the poor house now! Mom is tentatively scheduled to be released Monday. They only kept her to make sure the tube feedings were going smoothly. It hangs like an IV and only goes in at 20cc/hr., which I think she said takes a really long time to finish. So I guess it's basically constant nutrition going in slow. Plus she gets a "banana bag" everyday too...it's an IV bag of vitamins that is yellow. She is allowed to eat clear fluids too, but she's really not hungry much.

Jasmine, they just built a new Target around here and it has a parking garage as well as parking on top. I always park in the garage, because for some reason, nobody ever parks down there! So I always get "princess parking" and just take the elevator up to the store. So far I've had good luck in the store, it hasn't been too crazy.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:55 AM   #9  

hey all..well i started my day off GREAT! Went to the gym and worked my butt off for an 1hr while my parents were at church. I had to work out...last night we went to this killer steak resturant. DH and i split a ceasar salad and a 12 oz filet that was wonderful. We hada great time. I miss my parents. I really enjoy when they come. We always goof off and have fun. But i'm glad i went to the gym. Not sure what we are doing today. Probably not a whole lot. My dad just had a knee replacement, so its hard for him to stand too long or sit too long. But i'm just glad my parents are visiting.
Hanah- i think you need to slow down some..and not worry so much about messes here and there...it may hurt your fibromilagia. Hope your finger is ok.
Jasmine- yes its possible. Sometimes they get it mostly cleared up so it looks like theres no problems, but in reality there may be one or two hiding. Or it may be other skin issues. BTW..i'm highly allergic to guinea pigs. The only animal i'm allergic to...ifi i don't handle them with gloves and then immdeiately wash my hands, my face will blow up like egor....LOL

alirght guys...got to run!!!!! bye!!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 11:01 AM   #10  

Morning all.

Wow, Hanna, you actually got three kids to help you clean?? That's excellent, and taking them to CEC was a great idea. I took the kids there this summer and just read magazines while they played.

Lauren, glad your mom is doing well

Jasmine, How was the mall?? I went to the mall on Weds. night, it was INSANE!! You couldn't pay me to get there now...you are one brave chica!!

Well, had my family party last night, it was so much fun. My MIL called this AM to tell me how wonderful everything was. She is so great, I'm very lucky.

Right now I am baking cupcakes to take to my friend's cocktail party tonight. Don't plan on drinking much, last night we had the Cosmopolitans flowing...also, I had a few cigarettes (which I sometimes do when I drink), and they always make me feel crummy the next AM. You'd think I would learn, right?? Oh, well. Off to make my icing!!!

Have a lovely day everyone. Hope you all enjoy your time with friends & family, whatever you may be doing!!

Pam
Old 12-23-2007, 11:03 AM   #11  

Patricia, I posted at the same time as you...so glad to hear you are enjoying your visit. Where are your parents from?? BTW...way to keep up the workouts...proud of you girl!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 12:26 PM   #12  

pam my parents live in the panhandle of florida (near Destin).
Old 12-23-2007, 06:14 PM   #13  

Howdy,

Lauren-a parking garage sounds heavenly at Target. My cat needs cat food but I don't want to go because the PETCO is right next to Target. UGH. I think I may go tonight right before it closes.

Patricia-Thanks. I have to be careful when I play with him to. Although I am not sure if it is him or the hay you have to feed them. I just make sure to wash my hands. Also, I can only clean his cage if I am going to take a shower afterwards. I actually am going to clean his cage when I am done here. I am glad you are having fun with your parents. I actually moved to CO to be close to my parents. They just moved back from Saudi Arabia. They had been there 12 years.

Pam-Cupcakes sound yummy. I have major case of munchies. Glad you had fun last night.

I have been cleaning. We opened our draw under the oven and it looked like mice had visited so I have been busy cleaning. They always seem to come in when it gets cold. I am kind of surprised they visited because we have a cat. He was out of commission for a little bit so maybe that was the problem.

Have a great night!

Jasmine
Old 12-23-2007, 08:06 PM   #14  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Just dropping by to say HI!

GG, it's nice the parents came to see you, ENJOY!

Hanna, haven't been to Chucky's in a few years. When I was packing to move though, I found a whole bag of coins from there. I usually wait to get coupons till I go. I agree that you should be taking it easy though, your health is more important than the mess.

Jasmine, welcome to you!

Last night I finished up some shopping. DD and I went to Logan's Roadhouse. We shared a meal. It was so Yummy. I am sure it wasn't on any plan. They have peanuts at the table and bring hot rolls to the table.

I will be missing my granparents this Christmas, won't make it there cause DH has to work on Monday. It's over a 5 hour drive. I feel kinda guilty cause they always look forward to seeing the kids on Christmas.

Hope everyone is having a GREAT weekend!
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote