Old 12-18-2007, 08:41 AM   #1  

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Somethings chat Tues. Dec . 18th

GOOD MORNING!!!

Have been super busy all weekend, was just reading through all the posts...

Well, haven't worked out since last week, I sprained my ankle yesterday morning...woo hoo!!! Have it all wrapped, my chiro thinks I may have torn a ligament (not much to do for that) so I have to stay off it. GRRR

Sounds like everyone had a good weekend. Lauren, I love to gamble (roulette is my fave) and I NEVER go to the casions since i had kids...don't want to lose $...so I would have had a lot of fun at your party. So glad you won the camera though!!!

TJ...have to check with my bro. on the surgeon, I know there is a team of surgeons that works on her. She has something called "heterotaxy syndrome" there's a lot of info if you google it. Every patient who has it is individual, IE, if one kid has it, they're nothing like the next kid that has it. Therefore, she can never go anywhere but CHOP, cause they are the only ones who have a "map" of her anatomy. What is your son's condition?? Not sure if you ever mentioned it.

Joan, I will post pics soon. Forgot to take one of the table once all the cookies were on it. I was too busy drinking, eating, and gabbing!!! Darn it, it looked so pretty!!! Oh, well, the table is still set up, and I'm having a family party this weekend, so I'll take a pic of it then. Good luck with your party, I'm sure it will be lots of fun!!

Hey to all...gotta get Cadence to preschool. Got some wrapping to finish today, then have to take her to the dentist to get two cavities filled NO MORE RAISINS FOR HER!!!

HAVE A SUPA DUPA DAY!!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:44 AM   #2  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All,

Pam,
Quote:
I was too busy drinking,

Joan, you need to make a Bailey's cake for your family!

Alicia, How old is DS? You can get a regular acoustic guitar (kid size) very reasonable, that way if he loses interest, no big deal.

Diana, Are you eating enough protein? I love broccoli and could eat a plate of it for lunch (with some kind of seasoning!), but the protein will keep you fuller.

Have a great day all!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:47 AM   #3  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

Well everyone, I talked to the lady at Curves last night (I know her...she used to work as a receptionist at Weight Watchers). I explained to her my situation...she seems to think the same as everyone here....not eating enough. I tend to overcalulate my points (for example, if something has 1 1/2 points, I'll calculate it as 2....so I know I'm not eating all my points.) She said not eating all my points would make my body hold on to everything I eat. This may be TMI, but all of my bodily functions are still working, so I take that to mean that I'm getting plenty to eat?? I just don't want to overdo it.

I was really struggling last night...not with eating, but with being depressed over no loss yet. I just want to cry....I'm very inpatient!!! However, in a week's time, I should've lost something!! This is the hardest I've worked in a long, LONG time to try to lose. It's just very frustrating. And of course the only thing that's changed is my hysterectomy, so of course I'm blaming it. I'm eating less, too, though....so I guess that's changed too.

I'm babbling on and on...sorry ladies.

Hope everyone else has a BLAST of a day!!!
GainingWeightInLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:19 AM   #4  

good morning everyone!...

looks like everyone has been super busy

diana: earlier this year when i started on the weight loss path i was so frustrated because i was following my points doing my exercise...everything i was supposed to do...nothing, not a single pound..i even gained a pound..some people on this board told me dont worry so much about the scale (i know easier said than done)..take your measurements...i started taking my measurements every month...i was happy, my results were showing in those numbers and in my clothes..about 2-3 months after really getting into my routine and everything the weight just started coming off...i also had found out i had a thyroid problem which i didnt know i had...so hang in there..keep focused..it will happen..good luck!

lauren: i too would have loved your party...love love love to gamble..probably a little too much.thats probably why i dont go very often!...thats wonderful to win a new digital camera..just in time for the holidays!

pam: im sorry you sprained your ankle...i hope it gets better really soon

hanna: hey sweetie!..how is sean doing this week?...

ok all..off and running for another day...im so busy at work its crazy..i should be working full time but i just cant bring myself to do it..so when im there im a little hermit...all by myself...people must think im a total snob sometimes...oh well..have a great day!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:42 AM   #5  
LBH

Hi Christina!

Diana, Do you log everything? Take a look at what you're eating. Or post it here if you don't mind and we'll (nicely) critique it. Christina could be right too, take some measurements. Just because you're going regularly doesn't mean you're eating enough or the right stuff.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:59 PM   #6  
Diana

Curves handles the measurements....they'll measure me monthly. I'll post everything here...I keep a mental log and actually log it on paper when I have time. But I'll gladly log here and welcome the critiques! Anything to help.

Today, I had a sandwich this morning (2 slices light wheat bread--1 point, 1 tbsp miracle whip--1 point, mustard-lettuce-pickle--0 points, 2 slices 96% ff ham--1 point) and 1-2 servings of ff chips--we'll call it 2 points (they're 1 point per serving).

This afternoon, I've had a small chili from Wendy's (I think it's 4 points, but I'll have to go to their site and check for sure)

So, I've had a total of 9 points today. I'm allowed (on the days I don't do curves, which is Tues and Thurs, Sat and Sun.) 28 points. I'm not hungry in the least today. I've had far more to eat today than I did yesterday. I was grocery shopping last night after working out and actually got light headed because I was so hungry. I'd made Spaghetti (whole wheat noodles) before I left for curves, so was able to eat as soon as I got back home. I also take BP medicine that is a diuretic, so while I may retain some fluid, I get rid of a lot too.

Suggestions, anyone? I've been on scales today...still nothing. Nadda. Zilch. I'm not expecting a loss when I weigh in this evening at the meeting.

Last edited by GainingWeightInLa; 12-18-2007 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:47 PM   #7  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Lauren, DS is 9. I don't know much about guitars, I know I have seen a wide range of prices though.

Pam, hope that the ankle feels better soon.

Diana, I am not a weightloss expert, as you can see from my ticker. I agree with what others have said about taking measurements. Also, Protein, especailly for lunch really helps me stay full till dinner.

I haven't weighed myself, but I haven't been doing to horribly bad eating wise... At least I don't think I have gained anything which is good.

All I did today was mop and give my dogs a bath and I'm exhausted. I do not have any carpet...I think I really dislike sweeping and mopping, lol.

Gonna go, DD wants to straighten my hair for me, then we are gonna go and look for the schools. I called already and they said for me to wait till after break to enroll the kids. Talk later all!

Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:31 PM   #8  
LBH

Alicia, I wanted a girl if for no other reason than to play with my hair! When my niece was little, I was the only Aunt that would let her mess with my hair (the rest were too vain!) Even right after a perm, I would let her got at it til it was sticking up! Peter will play with my hair in bed at night, if I lay with him to put him to sleep. But he just twirls it in his fingers before pulling it...boys! Here's a guitar at WM, it's out of stock online, but you might be able to get it in the store:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3056458
Old 12-18-2007, 09:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

hey all..work was ok today..nothing exciting

diana- i know its very frustrating...but it really sounds like you aren't eating enough. I know its hard to start eating more for fear of gaining, but in all honesty if you don't eat enough...you are starving your body of vital nutrition. Try some protein, whole grains, more fruit/veggies. Fruit and veggies are low points. Also, try not to get so discouraged. You may also look on the PCOS boards..you noted you had a histerctomy due to pcos (if i remember correctly)...it may take some time for your body to recover. I know its hard...but try to be patient...it will happen. Be good about the stuff you eat...eat enough to meet your daily points (very important)...and exercise to help pick up your metabolism. I think if i remember correctly, you said you had your thyroid tested...but if not...look into that too. Hang in there...you can do it...trust me...we all have struggles.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:00 PM   #10  
Diana

Well, I went to WW weigh in. It was a little better than I thought. I did lose 3.8 lbs this week. I was really, REALLY surprised. Guess I just can't trust my scales. They're only a couple years old and digital...maybe batteries??

Anyway, it makes me feel some better. Bad thing is there are no meetings for 2 weeks due to holidays. Told dh it'd be great to go back and hit 10 lbs!! Yeah, right! :roll eyes:

Guess I'm gonna try sticking to it. Thanks for the encouragement. I'll be back in the a. m. to chat!
Old 12-18-2007, 10:19 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Gaining, don't forget to eat all of the food groups too. Our body needs fat too, so don't eat everything fat free or as low fat as they come. I would eat more in the morning. I know it's not cold enough for oatmeal, (it is here) but something like that ~ it's substancial and filling and not alot of calories.'

Today I was suposed to work 9 - 5:30, but ended up staying til 9pm. Someone please check my head. I need a .

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

HI everyone!

Gaining I agree w/everyone else, you do need to eat more and you do need to eat like Lisa said from all the food groups, I know it sounds scary cause we are afraid we are not going to loose but to put on more weight, we just need to be conscious of what we eat it is a long process, this is an awesome group to get the support hand in there. It is great you did loose some weight

I didn't do to well today, I am seriously coming down w/the stomach flu, I feel it coming, it is like it is "percolating" I am very bombed, my friend invited me to go to Disneyland w/another friend of hers, I was so much looking forward to it, but I can't do it, I don't want to sick and ruin their day. We are talking about going there for X-Mas day, mom and dad said they don't want to come over mom is not up to it, oh well! I wish she was feeling better.
I will be home all day tomorrow, I will see you guys tomorrow, have a great night!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:33 PM   #13  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Lauren, DD actually did a good job with the hair. When Dh got home he asked if I had gotten a haircut. I was confused for a sec then I remembered. Do you think you will try to have a girl...? Thanks for the idea, I will look for it next time I go out.

Diana, great job on the weight loss.

Lisa, do you have trouble saying no? I always had that problem when I worked retail. Of course I could always use the extra $$$$. Somehow I always felt used though.

Hanna, I hope you are not coming down with the stomach flu. I had it earlier this year and it was jut horrible. Disney Land sounds fun. If you don't mind me asking, how old are your in laws?

Some of you are probably fast asleep...that's where I'm headed, talk tomorrow.
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote