Old 11-17-2007, 07:08 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Weekend Chat: 11/17-18

Mornin' All!

I desperately need coffee. I'm off and running, it's moving day today!! Guess I better start packing, huh? Have a great one and I'll check in tonight, if I have the energy!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 07:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all...off to work today. Hopefully it won't be too bad

have fun moving lauren
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 154/144/135

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all! Well....my DH has headed off to Orlando this morning for a work conference and I am headed over to the church shortly for a work day. Today's weighing on the scale brought a pleasant surprise. I've lost a lb! YAY!!!

We hosted a party here last night for the church and it was amazing. Yesterday was the Feast Day of St. Margaret and since I go to St. Margaret's it only makes sense that we had a celebration. We also had a house blessing and I loved every moment of it.

GatorgalinGA-Before I forget I live way down in South GA about an hour from Tallahassee FL, but I grew up in WAY northwest GA an hour between Chattanooga TN and Atlanta, GA.

Pamasci, MJ, LPPen and LBH- Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm definitely hopeful that I can make my goal. As silly as it sounds I'd really like to lose this weight before I get pregnant...that way when I get pregnant I won't really feel like I've gained too terribly much.

Well...not much other news here to report. I can definitely understand the COLD. It's gotten rather cold here too (even in South GA) *gasp* but that's winter I suppose...and thankfully I've gotten all of those warm clothes out now. Those days it hits the upper 70s still throw me since many days it comes no where near it...but as a good friend down here said the other day life in South GA in the winter means the weather is schitzophrenic (sp?).

Okay...I'm off to do church yard work. Have a wonderful day and I'll check back in later!
Lobacal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Mornin' All,

Lauren ~ moving day is officially here?! Yippee! BTW, I we did that cranberry color below the chair rail in our old dining room. It turned out beautiful and looked so pretty during the holidays. Good luck.

Hi GG ~ HI HO, HI HO it's off to work you go... Excellent news to hear of your joining a gym. Especially considering that the holidays are approaching and you'll be in a whole lot better shape than if you'd waited to join *after* Christimas. Have a good day.

Hey there Lobacal ~ welcome!!! You are a smart girl to want to lose the weight *before* getting prego. Wish that I'd done that. I needed to lose 15-20 pounds before I got pregnant the first time. It's still there, plus some... What is Feast Day of St. Margaret? I grew up Catholic but have forgotten so much.

Time to take my DD to her horse back riding lesson. I'm charging up my Ipod and will walk around the farm the entire time. It's chilly here but once I get moving it'll feel great. I switched DS to his new medication today and am already regretting it. I should have waited until tomorrow when we'll be home all day and have no plans to go anywhere. Today he's invited to a b-day party and I'm unsure about how he'll act... Fingers crossed that he doesn't drive everyone batty;-). Hope that everyone has a magnificent weekend. Looks to be a gorgeous weather weekend on this end ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:48 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6

Morning everyone!!!

Lauren, good luck with the move (even though you won't see this till you get done) so I guess I should say, Hope the move went smoothly!! Get some rest tonight if you can!

GG, hope you have a great day at work. Way to go at the gym...gld you are enjoying it!!

Joan, have fun at the farm today. There's something about being out in the crisp fall air, isn't there? makes me wnat to come in & have hot cider afterwards. Hmmm, that gives me an idea...maybe I'll hit the store while I'm out...

Lobacal...congrats on the loss!!! I know exactly what you mean about losing...I had gotten in shape after having my son, and then before we started trying for my daughter I was like "I wnat to lose another 5 pounds"...and luckily I did. Of course, I gained 48 lbs while I was pregnant!!! I loved to eat while I was PG, and I just didn't care! Oh, well, I'm not like that now. I mean I still love to eat, but I'm much more careful!

Well, DH has a side job putting in a water softener today, so he'll be gone all day. Gonna take the kiddos over to the new shopping center (with the Border's) cause they're having a grand opening with jugglers, magicians, free ice cream, etc, and I need to get them out of the house before they (and I) go crazy. Maybe I will find some good deals while I'm there *crosses fingers*.

Hi to everyone else!!! Hope you all have a lovely day, I will try to check in later!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:36 AM   #6  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Pam, it must be nice to have a plumber handy when you need em. Of course, DH thinks he is a plumber, my leaking sink thinks otherwise though, LOL.

Joan, good luck with the new meds, hope they are a smooth transition for him.

Lauren, I'm sure it will be great to be in your own place, your mom will probably miss you guys though. Good luck with it all.

I'm off again on another road trip. Gonna visit my Nanny and Papa for a few days. DH called this am to say that we got approved for the house we were looking at. I have to be in Charlotte Monday to sign the papers, so I wont have too terribly long with my gramps. Then it's off to Florida. Gonna take my computer with me this time so maybe I will check in soon.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, talk later!
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 11:43 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all. I am back home from work already. My schedule today was 5:45 - 10:30. Yuck - the life of retail. So now I am trying to stay awake long enough to go to the grocery store. Luckily I will not be driving.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:17 PM   #8  
Kalamazoo Girl

S/C/G: 152.6/135.0/125.0

Height: 5'4"

Hi All Just poppin' through for a spell. I sprained my ankle (BADLY) yesterday and have been laying around in pain all day. MO

Last edited by mjoste; 11-17-2007 at 10:22 PM.
mjoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:45 PM   #9  

hey all. well work was busy and then i had a client yelling at me on the phone at the end of the day for something that wasn't even my fault. I had to tell her multiple times to please calm down...i think that made her more irrated..but anyways such is life. I think it pissed her off that i was calm and cool while talking to her and politely asked her to stop yelllng at me and that if she didn't stop yelling at me (so we could carry on the conversation), i would have to discontinue the conversation (aka hang up on her stupid butt LOL). She was a flipping idiot...but such is life. I tried to fix the problem (too long to go into on computer) but unfortunately, she wasn't listening and felt she was right...oh well. some days the idiots come out. oh well..my day at work....go figure.

hey to all...mo sorry to hear about your ankle..hope it feels better soon.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:34 AM   #10  

ughh...don't want to go to work today after all the crap i delt with yesterday. I wish i could call in sick. Oh well...got to earn the money. hope everyone has a good day.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:35 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 175/166/130

Height: 5'3

Good morning, ladies! I'm hopping on before work. I'm a reservist in the Coast Guard and this is a weekend warrior day. I got up yesterday and today at 4 to keep up with my workout! I've been averaging a 1/2 pound loss a day with my new cardio boost workout. I'm just hoping that I can keep up with it.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
getitoffme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:21 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all, I too am just logging in before work. I work from 11:15 - 4. (Covering lunches and breaks). I wish I didn't have to work either. But I cant call off because there is something there that I want to purchase and we get 35% discount instead of my usual 20%. Have to go to work if I want to purchase the item.

GG, I hear ya about the customers. At least she was on the phone (in case of hang up) and not in the store.

Mo sorry about the ankle.

Lisa
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:30 AM   #13  
Julia

S/C/G: 206/162/150

Height: 5'1"

Happy Weekend everyone! It is snowing here today (and last night!) I'm excited and not use to snow before Thanksgiving the good thing about relocating is all of the new things.

Busy weekend for me. I'll be working (in one capacity or another) through mid day on Wednesday but then I'm off until the Monday after TG.

I'm down 2 more lbs and get to update my ticker
beachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:08 PM   #14  

well work was better today. I didn't have too bad of clients..however still having staff issues...but i'm working on that. I know what you mean lisa...much better when the crappy client is on the phone.

Hey beachmomma...keep up the great work
getioffme - keep up the good work
Old 11-18-2007, 06:53 PM   #15  

Height: 5'6

Hey All!!

Alicia, good luck with the house!!! It's so exciting..hope the paperwork goes smoothly for you. Oh, and enjoy your trips!!

GG, sorry your day sucked yesterday...glad you had a better on today. HOpe you are able to work out your staff problems without too much aggravation.

MO, sorry aobut your ankle. BTW...did you do the girls night out on Fri? How was it? Are you still feeling crummy?

Getit, thanks for your service, girl!! My Grandpa was in the Coast Guard during WWII. Also, great job on the weight & working out!!! Woo-hoo!!

LP, hope you are able to get some down time during this crazy season (yeah, right!), I know retail is really rough this time of year, just remember to take care of yourself, too!!

Beachmomma, hey it was snowing a bit here too yesterday. This am was rainy/sleet. YUCK!!! Great job on the weight loss...keep it up, girl!!

Well, today we went to church, then to the bagel shop & then Borders (DH hadn't been there yet...I feel like I already LIVE there, I have been there so much!!). Watched the Eagles game, had dinner, overall a very realaxing day. Oh, I put on a pair of jeans today and THEY WEREN'T TIGHT ON ME!!!! I was so excited!!! I also wore a tight sweater & it didn't look bad, in fact it looked pretty good!!! Of course I walked over to DH and showed him, and he was like, "that's great, babe!" but he didn't really get it. I don't think he thinks I look bad, and I don't think he really notices that much the way my body has changed. THen I called my girlfriend who's also working out, etc, and she was really excited for me...I think men just don't get it...esp. if they are in good shape!! So, it was a good day from the beginning!!! Also, I looked at the Target Ad, and they had the Disney Princess cash register that I had bought for DD ( it's reg. 35.00, I paid 25.00, and today it was 15.00!!) so I took my receipt over & got a 10.00 price adjustment...another WOO_HOO...I love getting money back!! Doesn't take much to make me happy, eh?

Well, think I'm gonna watch a little TV and go to bed early. Kiddos have off all week, they have a dentist appt. & I have DS's conference tomorrow, we're gonna see Mr. Magorium on Tues. and a lunch/playdate at our house with two other families, and WEd. we're going to my mom's to help her clean & get ready for thurs. so they'll be pretty busy (thank goodness!!).

Hope you all have a wonderful evening...I'll check in tomorrow!!

Pam

Last edited by pmasci; 11-18-2007 at 06:55 PM.
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote