Old 11-15-2007, 02:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/166/130

Height: 5'3

Default Newbie here!

Hello ladies! I'm new here and thought I'd join for some support and to keep me motivated!

I'm 31, married, and have a 2 yr old son. I still haven't lost my baby weight. I have a pituitary tumor and it definitely affects my metabolism. It's my biggest obstacle. I started some really great metabolism boosting workouts and lost 9 lbs in 3 weeks. Now I just need to stay motivated to do them. Why can't we have more hours in the day?

Thanks for having me ladies and I look forward to "getting to know" all of you.
getitoffme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:59 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6

Hey getit...and welcome!!! I know it's hard to stay motivated, but what has been working for me is getting up before the kids...I mean like 5am. I know, it's early, but I have my coffee, watch the news, and there's NO ONE UP WITH ME!!! It's great!!! Then I start my workout at around 6. Usually by the time I'm done the kids are up & ready for breakfast. In the beginning it was hard to get going, but now my body is used to going to bed by 9 or 10 and getting up at 5. THis is the only way I can get a workout in. I am out the door by 8:30 with the kids, and when we get back from DD's preschool & errands, it's usually around 1pm and I have lots to do. Then DS gets home at 3:30, then homework, dinner, baths, bedtime, and the last thing I feel like doing at 8pm is exercising!!! Unbelivable because my husband does it all the time at night!!! NO thanks!

Well, maybe this will help, who knows, but hey it works for me!

Welcome again, and hey, join in on the daily chat!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/166/130

Height: 5'3

Thanks, Pam. I get up at 4 am every day, including weekends! I get dressed, take the dog out, do my workout, and then get ready for work. I'll head over to chat now.
getitoffme is offline   Reply With Quote