Old 10-11-2007, 09:36 AM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default 30 Something's Daily Chat: Thursday, 10/11

Where the heck is everyone?! WAKE UP!!!!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:07 AM   #2  

i know!!!!!!!!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:05 AM   #3  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Lauren! I don't know about where you are but here it's pretty dreary! Just one of those curl up and hang out on the couch all day ya know?

Lisa~are you at the EB at Westgate (I don't even know if there are any others here anymore)? My mom and I love going there when they have their sales. They have good sales and then she gets more off using her EB charge and Wed is senior day and she's 77. LOL So she pays and I give her a check for my stuff. Great deals!!

Good morning everyone else!

I made it to the gym today. Since I was last here I joined Super Fitness and they have a kids area. Ricky loves going there. I have to drag him out most of the time. lol I also have eating right on track so far. I am taking it one meal/snack at a time. That's all I can do right?

OK now I'm off to sit with The Man (3 year old ds). He's not feeling great and he's really clingy today which almost never happens so I'm taking this one for all I can. LOL Be back later!
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning everyone!

Yeah where is everyone today?

Molly I hate when the kids are sick, but I hope you get all your coddling! that is nice!

Well yesterday it got really busy around here, dad (DH's father) called and said they are doing mom's surgery today, they found some little bumps on her breast, they weren't sure if they could do the surgery cause of her potassium being off, I guess it was all worked out, so one more hospitalization, she is 82 yrs old. I don't get it! (she loves being sick and in the hospital, )
So I need to help dad, he is 82 also, I cooked for him too after cooking in the morning for my friend w/new baby. I was all afternoon and all night in the kitchen, made a meatloaf, pasta, a chicken dish dad really likes, chicken soup for mom and a potato leak soup mom loves, then we had to wait for everything to cool so it could be put in the fridge, that was around 11:30 I was wiped! DH left this AM at 5 to take them to the hospital in La Jolla. I had to get out of bed and send Sean to school, it was a good morning for him, Yeah!!! 2 days in a row!!! the moon must be aligned perfectly!!! So off and running to La Jolla, I am so glad I am kittting I am taking 2 things w/me to work on, I have no idea when I will come home today. I will probably not be able to be back by the puter till late tonight.

Have a great day every one!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:49 AM   #5  
LBH

Hanna, sorry to hear about mom's surgery. Hope everything goes smoothly. Hurray for Sean!!

Molly, yeah, it was dreary here, but I figure, if I have to be up and dealing with the day, everyone else should be up and miserable with me! Hope the man is feeling better soon!

Laurie
Old 10-11-2007, 03:45 PM   #6  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Ok so i get up yesterday morning everything is fine.. I hit the floor do my sit ups and pushup's and get ready for work, so i drop the kids off and on the way hit every yellow light in town, ok, so then i get to work ( i had missed mon and tues i was sick ) and my boss tells me he let my marketing/customer service rep go, ok she had that coming but i need her to answer my phones whatever THEN i get a call from the school and my 15 y/o got into a fight i thought WTH so the officer proceed's to tell me the following ........
She took her earings off before the fight and now it has been steped up to assult (sp?) and battery cause it was pre meditated ok now im livid!!
i ask him is this the girl that she has filed Numerious complaints about? he says i dont know mam you can take that up with the school WELL after a couple of F bombs and pull your head out your A's then he said she's gone to juvy. im lavid so after work i went straight there and i got to see her. she said yes it was the same girl and she was tired of it !!! I totally understand where she's coming from and she (the other girl) started it my daughter is dating a senior football player and the other girl called her a B and spit in her face right in front of him so she took flight on this little girl

THEN i get to base to work out my fustrations and OF COURSE and this hasnt happened in the 2 weeks i've been going but there were 5 guys standing out there and the guy checks my ID i see 2 of them heading to the back of my car and yes in big bold letters i have "PROUD ARMY WIFE HOOAH !!!" ON MY BACK WINDOW LOL well theN THEY tell me my tags are expired i say yes i know i just bought the car but i temp reg from the sticker in the window i said well I have 45 day base clearance he says not good enough do you have the bill of sell??????????? i said i have the contract from the dealership in the trunk, so i get it and he says i need your DL please i said my gosh boys are you doing this cause im army? and yes i was laughing trying to lighten the mood. Then after 15 mins of this his response is pull over there next to my security truck and all i thought was oh sh#t im gonna get stripped searched after the day i was having well he ran everything and let me go
my workout sucked but i still did it

IT'S DAYS LIKE THESE I MISS MY HUBBY ,,,,,,,
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 03:56 PM   #7  
LBH

Geez Louise, Michelle, how much more can you take?! Sounds like a bunch of a-holes on base there, they're always giving you a hard time! Sorry about DD. Speaking of which, how's George?? Hang in there!!
Old 10-11-2007, 04:06 PM   #8  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Michelle, yeah well as I have found days like this I should have just stayed in bed. Is DD still in juvy? Hope that today gets better for you than yesterday. One day my grapndpa locked himself out of his car on base. I had to drive him back and they gave us such a hard time. I just went to another gate and luckily got through.

It is a dreary day here today also.

Hanna, hope your mil is doing okay today from her surgery. They should eat well for a few days with all that you made them.

Gonna fo for now, talk later.
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 04:28 PM   #9  
Rooster

S/C/G: 237/233/180

Height: 5'11"

Geez....the abuse. I gotta remember not to mention that I'm on vacation next time.

I get a whopping 4 weeks of vacation a year thanks to the fact that I have been with this company for a total of 10 years now. This is the balance for the year which means I'm working (unless I get laid off or fired) clear up until the 2 weeks I'm booked in April.

My last vacation was the 2 weeks I took at the end of June/beginning of July. Don't get "vacation" and "working from another office" confused. Just because I can get away from my "home office" once and a while and stay with my folks hardly constitutes being on vacation.
RXZephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 355/see ticker/265

Michelle dang I thought I was having a rough day with the 500lbs of concert I had to move and mix and pour by myself. Then clean up my coworkers mess from before I got there. However my day is wonderful compared to yours. Hope tomorrow is better.

yeah the temps went from 80 to 60 in the span of 12hrs. See in MD we don't get gradual weather we get on/off weather. we are now in the off mode.

Last edited by Outland; 10-11-2007 at 06:10 PM.
Outland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:43 PM   #11  

Height: 5'6

Hey all!!

Hanna, hope everything is well with your family. Sounds like you are quite the DIL/wife!!! Glad it was a good day for Sean too.

Molly, hope your son feels better. When my DD was about 2 she was really sick with a virus and just wanted to lay on my chest. I had DH take a pic of her because she NEVER laid on my chest. So I used to kind of like it when she got sick (isn't that wrong??!!).

Michelle...sounds like you are having a **** of a day. HOpe all is okay with DD. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

ROO..how did your eye appt go? Haven't heard anything.

John...are you a mason? What kind of construction do you do? My DH is a union plumber, mostly new construction and renovations. He has been working on a 40 story high rise for about a year now, luxury condos. He usually comes home pretty dirty until the finishing work (setting the sinks, showers, etc) starts.

Hi Lauren, Laurie, GG, Alicia, and everyone else whose name I haven't learned yet!! HOpe you all have a super night!!

Pam
pmasci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:51 PM   #12  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

John, yeah yesterday I had the air on and today its the heat. Crazy weather.

Rooster, I feel bad. Sorry if we picked on you. Just envious. The way alot of companies are these days I hardly know anyone who stays at one longer than a few years. No hard feelings.

Hey everyone else

I'm on my fifth cup of coffee today. Nothing going on here.
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:59 PM   #13  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thanks guys i hope it gets better
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 08:12 PM   #14  
For Real This Time!

Height: 5' 4.5"

Michelle! Hey there! I wondered if you were still here. Are you a grandma yet? (see how long it's been since I've been here...last time I was your dd was still preggers) LOL Sorry you had such a crappy day!

Pam~Yeah it prolly is wrong that we like it when they're sick but hey I like a little cuddlin' now and then and that's the only time I get it!

Lauren~lol we all have to be us cause you are? OK I'll buy that cause typiclaly if you're up, I am too! :lol2:

Rooster! How are you?? Nice to see you're still hanging around and now you have another boy here too! Not so much estrogen for you.

I had a great day food-wise. I was right on track all day! First time in weeks. LOL I spent most of the day wiping the man's nose and reading while he slept on me...too cute! Not much work getting done here today and now I'm so tired I just want to go to bed but I have to go pick up ds#1 in 45 min. (sigh) lol TTYL
mamabear272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 10:26 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

well i had a great day at work..it was helluva busy one...but fun. A day where clients actually wanted to do the medical workups. Most of the time, clients just want to have a majic pill or shot that fixes everything eventhough tests are required to figure out what is wrong. It was great, i did some actual vet med today. Great day..however exhausting. I was going to be lazy tonight and not workout..but i got my butt motivated and started a walk with my dog...i ended up doing 15 min run and 15 min walk...it was a great workout. I feel great..the fall weather made it for a nice workout evening.

michelle- sorry about your crappy day. I will warn you however, just because some ppl treat you different on base because you are army...don't think they do it all the time. You have to give the mp's credit. yes they may have been a bit of tards about it...but remember they are protecting the post. And remember we are in a pretty high state of security right now. You car did have expired tags...and they were just doing what they are suppose to do. I understand you feel like they were singling you out because you were army and not air force...but they are doing what they are suppose to...protect the base. I actually never had trouble with the air force. I use to be army but one of my duty assignments was taking care of the air base a short bit away taking care of their military dogs. And i NEVER was given crap by the air force. Now trust me..i bet there is some crap given just cuz of your position vs my position, but just remember, the mp's have to do a job..and just because you got in easy one day doesn't mean that was right. I have several army mp friends and that's exactly what they were suppose to do. Sometimes you've just got to let things go and not think the world is against you..even when it seems like it is. I'm also sorry to hear about your daughter. It sucks. Did dd tell the school she was having problems with this person before the incident. Hugs to you and your bad day.

hannah - hope mil is doing well. Your really are a sweet person who goes out of her way for everyone. I wish there was more we could do to help you with all the stuff you are going through.

hey to mama, bj. laurie, and lauren

alright..i'm oof to cruise around..night all.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote