3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   30-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings-57/)
-   -   ~*~*~week of 6th January 2002~*~*~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/30-somethings/12288-%7E%2A%7E%2A%7Eweek-6th-january-2002%7E%2A%7E%2A%7E.html)

BigFatBooty 01-06-2002 10:46 AM

~*~*~week of 6th January 2002~*~*~

Morning all

Well techically it's good afternoon here. Just thought I would start a quick thread. We were up to four pages last week :dizzy:

Still have this stinking cold and now my head aches. Just call me a bag of germs :lol:

Hope everyone is doing well - well I'm off back to bed everyone.

Backfor 2002 01-06-2002 12:24 PM

Goodmorning!

BFB - Sorry to hear the cold still has you down!

I am getting ready to go grocery shopping. We planned our dinners for the week. This should help keep us on track.

DH thinks he is starving. He informed me yesterday that he is sure he is at his goal weight already.

Will check in later.

Backfor 2002 01-06-2002 03:36 PM

Boy everyone must be busy today! I hope you are all enjoying your Sunday.

Vick, How are you feeling today?

Nanci

BigFatBooty 01-06-2002 04:04 PM

Where is everybody???????? Thought Bart's bum would have you all up in arms :s:

nms here 01-06-2002 05:37 PM

Hi All ~

BFB ~ Loved the bum! I had to call my kids to the computer so they could get a good laugh, too. :)

Sundays must be a slow day here, eh? Hope your all having a good one! Lighter ~~~ Nona :p

Rabbit 01-06-2002 05:57 PM

HELLO ALL! And welcome to a new week!

I am staying op - woohoo - today will be tough as we had quite a brunch (biscuits & gravy). I'm planning on salad for dinner!

We saw the Lord of the Rings movie last night. It was really good. Also saw A Beautiful Mind recently - also good.

Lauren & Nanci - I also always notice my weight loss (or gain) in my face. I gained some over the holidays & I can tell.:(

Nanci - I've never heard of TTAPP. What type of workout is it? ~ Funny that dh is "starving" and think he's already at goal! Atleast he's entertaining!

BFB - hoped you'd be feeling better by now! Take care of yourself.

Pryia - where oh where are you?

Bailey - are you out there anywhere?

here's to a great week for us all! Let's have some losses!

Rabbit

forgot to mention - my mileage started again for 2002. I'm at 12.993 miles.:)

Backfor 2002 01-06-2002 06:05 PM

BFB, I did laugh at BART. Where do you get all of those things at?

Nona, I like your "another pound bites the dust"

Rabbit, Great job staying on plan. We are doing well also.

The TTAP is an aerobic stretching type thing. It is really kicking my fanny. You are suppose to try and start with 14 days in a row and then taper it down. I have done 5 in a row so far. You can check it out at the web site ttap.com
I am enjoying it.

DH is certainly entertaining. It is nice to have him doing this with me. It is nice to not having him suggest taco time for dinner.

happyface 01-06-2002 07:45 PM

Hi all,
I'm here.. gained 2.6 pounds. :( So I am still up over starting... hello? when am I going to start doing this?!

I am counting mileage too. I am up to 4. :)

RR, glad you are back home and doing well. PLEASE listen to the doctor.. as a nurse would you ever advise someone to ignore doctor's advice? You have to take care of you.

Glad to hear so many of you are back on track. I am going to keep starting over.

Can't stay and catch up today. I'll check in tomorrow. :)

Have a good Monday!
:)dani

LBH 01-06-2002 08:20 PM

Hi All,

WE HAVE SNOW!!! And lots of it!! Dani, I hope you're getting some of it by you! :D We're up to about 3-3 1/2 inches now...it just started at about 6:00, and it's 8:10 now. Took us 1:45 to get home from Mom's tonight and she's 30 miles away...Rt. 80 was a mess. A lot of spin-outs and cars just plain stuck because they drove too slow. Thank God for DH's XTerra!! If I have work tomorrow, I'm going to take his and he'll take his pickup truck. They say it's supposed to keep going through the night and day tomorrow. If it does, I'm sure I'll have at least a delayed opening, if not, closed. I hope the office is closed, because I want to make a big pot of soup! Shop Rite is having their can-can sale, and I bought a bunch of corn and peas and some celery and potatoes. Going to add some chicken maybe and yum-yum!! :D

Dani- Bummer on the 2.6. :( I'm not sure what the scale is gonna say tomorrow AM, I know I lost some, because my face is thinner, but it may have only been a little water weight, and probably won't show.

Rabbit- As usual, you're kickin' butt with the mileage!! Biscuits and gravy, yum!!

Nona- Yeah, sometimes it gets quiet around here on the weekend.

Nanci- Good for you, planning your meals for the week! I'm doing that too, because we want to get the freezer cleaned out before we move!

BFB- Actually, I was on earlier, but didn't have time to post. I got a kick out of Bart...as did DH!! :D He came in to get me and saw Bart mooning us and was like, why is Bart mooning you? LOL, he loves that show...in fact, he's in the LR watching it now! :rolleyes:

Have a great evening all!! I'm going to watch the snow accumulate and dream of a 3 day weekend!! :lol:

RoadRunner 01-06-2002 09:04 PM

Good Evening...
Feeling better..just weak and crampy...NEver thought I would say it but I cant wait for AF!!!!!!MD said about 6-8weeks after that sugery.....Mentally, a wreck. I think the hormones are still nutty plus the emotional issues..Things will get better.....Refman is starting some therapy classes for couples that experience what we did starting Next week..That should help...

Now...I have 15 lbs I want to lose...soo I will start immediately..I think a slow long walk on the treadmill tomorrow will be fine as long as I take it easy..I am calling the MD tomorrow since I had Valium preop and dont remember a darn thing about anything Friday evening...The worse thing is no FEEP!!!!!!!!It has been since last year for goodness sake!!!!:s: :s:
Take care...thanks again for helping me through this mess!!!!
Definately never crossed my mind ever that this would happen....
Vicki
Trying again in March!!!!!!!

happyface 01-07-2002 06:26 AM

Lauren, no snow here :( all rain. bummer. But I'm glad you got some. Good luck with Weigh in! When do you move?

RR, glad you are feeling better. Also glad to hear you are trying again. Please take it easy on the exercise.

Nanci, I'm glad dh is doing this with you. That must make it easier to stick to it. The ttap sounds interesting. I may go check out more info from the website.

BFB, hope you are feeling better soon!

It is 6:30am here and I should be doing other things but couldn't resist checking in for a bit.

Have a great day!
:)dani

BigFatBooty 01-07-2002 07:21 AM

Morning all

I think the cold is finally on the way out. So I guess I have a week to catch up on myself - no I am not going to whinge and complain - just face facts. Hubby has decided that we need to do more walking together. Now what is it with men, when you suggest an idea they pooh pooh it, but when they re-suggest it, it's rocket science. I gently reminded him that I already suggested this a while ago, and guess what, he had another one of his temporary "deaf" spells. The same deaf spell he had on NYE when I told him not to mix drinks :lol: and we all know what happened then.

Glad everyone is okay and especially nice to hear from RR (keep well)

Well I am contemplating changing my avatar to Bart mooning - everytime I look at him I laugh (so sad I know - he brings the :devil: out in me) Not sure if some might find it offensive though :?:

We have just had a show start over here called Fat Club. They have taken 8 overweight people and once a month for 6 months they meet up at Fat Club. Here they have access to a dietician, a psychologist, a GP and an American Fitness Instructor. I am sure he is straight off of one of those camps you send wayward children to. His name is Harvey and I swear he has no heart and he has "mean" running through his veins. Last week he made them do laps in a freezing cold pool and when two of them dared to get out, he shouted them back in again :eek:

The other thing was, they were weighed in swimming cossies only :eek: :eek: . Now I know they are getting an abundance of help, but **** would have to freeze over, the cow would have to jump over the moon and Will Smith would have to dump Jada and marry me, before I left the nation see me on scales in a swimming cossie.

Pryia 01-07-2002 07:24 AM

Rabbit here I am.

I will catch up this week. I have the flu and had been really busy.

down 3 lbs though!! Thank you flu!!

RoadRunner 01-07-2002 07:58 AM

I am up at 6AM with the little Tootie making her breakfast...She is good therapy for me!!!:dizzy: :dizzy: Bad to the bone though...
THis morning she is a cat...No speech, just meow!!!Even tried to eat the grits with her tongue..I just laugh at her all the time!!!!

Pryia-Sorry about the flu but congrats on the loss!!!!!!

BFB--IT is soo funny how men are all the same no matter what country or nationality they are...They always like everything "their idea!!!!"Personally, I like Bart!!!That is my motto right now for the world!!!

Lauren-Careful in the snow!!!Our interstates and all bridges closed down last Wed when we had that 1/4inch of snow!!!!:D

Nancy--THat sounds like a cool excercise class..I like anything different.

Well, think I will work on scrapbook today..I am at May 2001!!!Havent even started the wedding book..WOW..that is 27rolls of pics!!!!!:dizzy: I am gonna beg my doc to let me work tomorrow..I need to get out of the house with the mom-in-law..Making me more nuts!!!!!
RR

LBH 01-07-2002 09:25 AM

SNOW DAY!!!!!

WooHoo, I'm excited!! Actually, my company did not close down for the day, but where I am, we got about 8 inches of snow last night and when I got out of the shower this AM, it was snowing again!! And it's still snowing!! I called work at 7:30 and told them I was going ot hang out for an hour and see if the snow stopped. Well, it didn't, it started to taper a little, but now it's going again. I just called back and told them I wasn't coming in because the weather said we'd be getting another 3 inches in Morristown, which is closer to where I work, but that means we'll be getting probably 5+ inches. :eek: I won't have this excuse when we move though, because the town is closer to work. :(

I got my crock pot out and started a pot of chicken soup! Yum...been dying for it lately!! I don't have a lot on hand to put in it, but I did put carrots, onions, and celery. I have those canned peas and corn I bought too, I'll dump them in later. I had 2 bone in chicken breasts, so they went in...not a lot of chicken, but it'll do.

RR- :lol:, they're crazy down there, closing the roads for a 1/4 in.!! I think there has to be 3" for them to close schools around here!! Dani, any ideas??

Pryia- Good to see you!! :D Sorry to hear you've got the flu, but congrats on the 3 lbs.!! Hope you feel better soon.

BFB- Glad you're feeling better! I feel like I may be starting a cold...all stuffy. :( I blamed DH for it, because I never get sick, only sinus stuff. He gets sick at least once a year though. What is it with these men?! Oh, and Wil Smith would have to dump Jada for both of us before I'd do that show either!! :D

Dani- Aww, sorry you didn't get any snow. :( Maybe this next storm coming through will get you some?! We get the apartment 1/15, and have until 1/31 to get out of where we are. We'll probably move the bedroom stuff right away, and the basics, so we can start commuting from there, and then slowly move the rest and spackle and paint what we have to here.

Have a great day all!! :D

elisa822 01-07-2002 12:11 PM

So I'm still stuck with my slight holiday gain but I think things should be getting better now. We've officially gotten all of the "bad foods" out of the house and I've planned and shopped for my dinners for the week so I feel much better. I really would like to see a loss soon so I can get back to my pre-XMAS weight and then downward from there. We've had some trouble getting it together (which included ribs on Friday night, yuuum! - only 1/2 rack with soup, not soooo bad right???) but I think starting yesterday we're on our way. We'll see.

Lauren - we got some snow here too (probably the same weather front) but only about 2 inches so nothing going on here but a normal day at work. I don't really need the snow, it just makes driving a pain and then I have to wear boots which I actually haven't had to take out yet this year!! Sorry about your gain but it sounds like you're on the right track with the soup. I have to say, I love soup all the time but it's also great when you're trying to lose weight. It can really help fill you up with few calories as either your whole meal or part of your meal. I eat soup almost everyday. Good luck.

RR - glad to hear you and DH are doing a bit better. Go for a nice walk just don't exercise too hard (are we all broken records or what??)

Pryia - nice to see you pop in and say hi - the flu sucks except for the weight loss perk. Not the best way to do it but we'll take it right??

BFB - glad to hear you're feeling better too and I loved Bart, it gave me a good laugh on sunday morning (or whenever it was) and that was great. And my husband's the same way too. I just figure that I'll take it anyway I can get it even if I have to be happy that it was "his idea". As I've mentioned before this whole diet/healthy eating thing is soooo much easier when you do it together. You get support and no PRINGLES!! I hope he keeps it up for you.

Dani - sorry about the gain. I've also had a little trouble getting back on track since the holidays. I gained 1.5 over the holidays and it's still hanging around but each day is better than the one before so hopefully I'm on my way.

Nanci - that ttap does sound interesting and I wanted to check it out but I couldn't find the right site. Do you know the exact address? I know I never stick with anything at home (I need the gym) but I thought I'd take a look.

Elisa

happyface 01-07-2002 12:56 PM

Lauren, I am so JEALOUS of your snow day!!! I am here.. we just saw a flurrie and the kids went wild. :) As far as closing schools I think it depends on the school district and when the snow falls.. how quickly they can clear it.. but I'd say at least 3 inches or more.

I am really starting over today, friends. I will be on here a lot I think to keep myself going. I went to Oprah's site to get info on "Get with the Program" to get started. I signed a contract with myself to take care of me. My whole problem in a nutshell is that I eat for the wrong reasons. Ok so I am taking this hour by hour and so far so good. :) I am drinking lots of water and will try to really kickstart things by being really light the next few days and then leveling off into something healthy (as far as eating). I could probably live for a month on just what I have eaten in the first 6 days of the year! :)

Pryia, I am sorry you were sick. The loss is the only good thing to come of it. :)

I was reading that 3fc Jennifer and 3fc Amy are back to keeping their journals. I like to read them. I find it helpful to see progress. I am glad they are back. They got a lot of negative feedback before but I found them very helpful.

Hi Elisa, I think you have a good mindset. I think you'll be right on track in no time. Thanks for the encouragement.

RR, I was hoping if I had a snow day I could get some scrapbooking in. :) I want to do it so much but haven't been able to lately. I am on about June 2001 and losing time fast! :)

BFB, the Fat club sounds... interesting.. but more like Boot camp... I would not be weighing in in my bathing suit publicly...no way.

Ok, back to work. The kids are out of the room at this time but I have tons to do.

Hour by hour... :) I think I will drink some water now.

dani :)

Rabbit 01-07-2002 12:57 PM

HELLO

Lots of posts since I was on here yesterday! I am 5 days op and am thrilled about that. I'm expecting a good weigh in on Thursday. I leave on Friday - cannot let the weekend away mess me up!

Nanci - ttap sounds interesting. I'll check out the website.

Happy - sorry about the gain. :(

Lauren - hooray for your snow day! I've been dying for some chicken veggie soup - not the boys' favorite though - so I'll make it after they go back to school. Which is also why we had biscuits & gravy - I RARELY make it, but thought we'd have it once before they leave.

RR - glad you are feeling better and I too, think you ought to take it easy with the exercise!

BFB - first of all - a swimming "cossie" ??:?: Never heard that one before! I don't think that fat club sounds very nice.

Pryia - Feel better! I was worried about you. Glad to hear of the loss! I know you had your Dec 26 plan.:)

Elisa - sounds like you are doing it all right! Good luck. Gaining 1.5 over the holidays is not much at all - you can take it off right away.

Gotta go make lunch.

Rabbit

RoadRunner 01-07-2002 03:38 PM

well, I opted out of the healthclub..MD said that my blood counts were low after surgery due to blood loss and I would make myself faint if I did any excercise..She said rest for a week, taking iron tabs and drinking lots of fluid and I will be ready next week..
Having a bad day mentally, but continue to scrapbook and just cover the tears with pictures:cry:
Take care
RR

Legal Eagle 01-07-2002 04:19 PM

Hello All!

Vicki, I want to say first that I am very sorry about the loss of your little angel. You & Refman are in my prayers.

Once again, I have to apologize for not coming around more often. Seems like these days I promise myself I'll check in here daily & there just never seems to be the time. So I'm not going to make any promises, I'll just pop in when I can & hopefully it will be more regularly.

I'm back to work today for the first time since I left for the holidays Dec. 21. Boy it was hard to come in this morning! *L* I was supposed to return to work last Thursday the 3rd, but the snow that is now hitting Lauren hit us starting last Wednesday night. We had 10-12 inches in an area of the state that rarely gets that much snow. (Okracoke Island on the Outer Banks got 4 inches!) I spent the extra couple of days off work sitting at the computer updating MS MOney with all our financial info for the past year and budgeting & planning for 2002, running different $$ scenarios, etc. We are really trying to work on getting rid of debt & to do that we've really got to cut back on the nickel & dime stuff.

Jul - thank you for letting us know about FM's...that site has been a lot of help in this whole process for me!

The holidays were nice, especially the break from work, but now I'm back & it will be a busy next few weeks since I'm in charge of putting together a publication that will need to be ready for the printer by the first part of February.

I managed to not really gain anything over the holidays, 1# at the most I think if my home scale is to be trusted. (Really want to buy a Tanita scale in the next few weeks & might, just have to convince myself to spend $50 on a scale) Today is my first day back on track. I have started back journaling and eating properly (need to work on cutting back the Diet Cokes again & getting more water). I am setting a goal to do at least 20 minutes of exercise at least 4X a week. Because the roads are still a little iffy in the neighborhoods right now that means no walking and it will have to be either using the weight machine or doing some Pilates on the floor mat, but something's better than nothing!

I need to lose 10# to get back to my goal weight. I'd like to lose another 5# after that if possible, but I'm going to take it 5# at a time. So my goal for Valentine's Day will be 5#...in 5 weeks that REALLY shouldn't be difficult if I can just stay on track.

Hope everyone is doing well. I haven't had time to read all the posts I missed, just had to back track to find out what happened with Vicki. I miss Y'ALL! I'll try to be here more often.

LE

Juldiet 01-07-2002 04:46 PM

LE: FM (frugal-moms.com) is probably why I'm always so far behind on my bookkeeping chores. I just try to make it a game to see how little I can spend. Starting in February our income will really vary...it will depend on how much I can pay ourselves based on the balance in the business checkbook. DH will be leaving the day job (just can't handle working 80+ hours a week anymore).

I'm feeling like I'm at a standstill!!!! Need to add exercise and more water in order to make that VD goal .

I bought my airline ticket for Philly in Feb. I'll be there 14-19. I really look forward to this trip twice a year, even though its business related I just have so much fun getting away.

O.K. gross moment. Is there any smell worse than a rotted onion?? I kept smelling 'something'....just found a rotten onion in the trash closet. Yuck!! Need to go light some candles and 'clear the air'.
- jul
mileage for 2002: 2
(maybe if I post it - it'll get me moving!!)

215/173 current/169 VD goal/155 drivers license goal

Backfor 2002 01-07-2002 10:33 PM

Happy Monday!

RR, You had me chuckling with the little one being a cat this AM. Take it easy on the health club and follow the Dr's orders.

Dani, I sure like looking at the snow but it sure shuts down this town. I don't have to worry about it a whole lot as we tend to get the rain, rain and more rain here.

BFB, Glad you are feeling better. I can not even imagine going on a show like the fat club. There is certainly no chance that I would be weighed on it wearing a swimming coozie. Please share with us what a coozie is.

Pryia, I am sorry you had the flu. I guess the bright spot is you lost a couple of pounds. Not a fun way to do it though.

Lauren, Glad you enjoyed your snow day. You sounded like you were productive. How was the soup?

Elisa, The web site is
http://www.t-tapp.com/home.asp
I am enjoying doing it but I am sore. I have to get off this chair and go do it tonight. I am looking foward to measuring on Sunday and seeing what the results are.

LE, Nice to see you. I was just asking about you. It sounds like you had a nice long holiday.

Jul, Ick on the onion! I hope the candles helped.

We are doing well on plan. The DH is pretty funny. He informed me on the way home tonight that I had to make a 4 pt dinner as that is all he had left. I explained that wasn't happening. He is going to have to give up those mochas.

elisa822 01-08-2002 12:58 PM

Nanci - I just had to laugh at what you said about your husband wanting a 4 point dinner - my husband's done the same thing. He's mostly pretty good but I can't remember what he had during the day once when he came home with almost no points. But he was pretty good - he had a huge salad and maybe some tuna for a few points. It's amazing how good men can be when they want to me and how detremental to our dieting when they don't care!

Elisa

LBH 01-08-2002 01:33 PM

Hi All,

Man, I'm sure I could come up with a few 4 pt. dinners!! God knows I've had to do that many times!!

1. Eggbeaters, FF cheese and fake sausage
2. nutrigrain eggo waffles, 2 fake sausages and sugar free syrup.
3. MS Farms or other brand burger, lite bun, ff cheese and salad
4. Stir fry veggies in spray, 1/2 c. rice, 3/4 c. MS Farms veggie crumbles.

See...how's that?! :D

My soup turned out soo yummy!! Of course I had to open one of the boxes I packed to get out my tupperware bowls to store it in!! :D

LE- Thanks for the snow...I think!! :lol: Hope I can return the favor some day!! :lol: We ended up with almost a foot by the time it was totally gone!

Rabbit- Hurray for 5 days OP!!

[b]Dani-[b] Good for you, getting on track! It's good to hear you soo motivated! I saw that Jennifer and Amy were back also...I'm really glad they are, and that they realized that these horrible people that say nasty things shouldn't get in their way!!

I've got lots of food with me today, so I'm hoping I don't cave at bowling tonight! I have a banana, single serving cottage cheese and yogurt that I haven't eaten yet, and I have some snack wells in my desk too. If I can make it through bowling, I'll be OK!

Called the landlady today to tell her I put the lease in the mail. She said she's gonna call me back...we may be able to get in the apartment this weekend! :D I can't wait!! I just wanna do laundry and wash my dishes in the dishwasher!! :lol:

Have a great day all!!

Rabbit 01-08-2002 01:45 PM

HI ALL!

6 days op!! :D

RR - Yeah you're listening to the doctor!

Legal - Sounds like you used those snow day productively! hooray for not gaining over the holidays!!

Jul - what will you be doing on your business trip to Philly?

Nanci - 4 pt. dinners are tough! I'd go for soup & salad.:)

have a great day all -

Rabbit

happyface 01-08-2002 02:28 PM

Hello :)
Day 2 of my new and improved health. I give myself a "good" for yesterday. I am happy with how I did. Today, until 3 minutes ago I had not had any water and was craving candy. But I am now drinking the water and forgetting about the candy.

Rabbit, you are doing great! I hope you get the loss you deserve! :) You are helping inspire me!

RR, scrapbooking can be very theraputic (sp?). I hope it works for you. I am sure you will have ups and downs. That sounds natural to me. Glad you are taking it easy as per the dr.

Legal, good to see you here. Of course I am jealous of your snow... it should be the other way around... :) Sounds like you were very productive though.

Jul, cool that you will be in Philly. I am not far from there.

Nanci, doing this with dh sound like it is funny. That has to help. :)

Lauren... that is funny that you had to unpack your tupperware. I am very in the know about storage and unpacking needed items... I thought I'd be spending the summer in this "temporary" place but I've had to go back for Halloween decorations, warm clothes, Christmas decorations, and ski equipment... plus a few more dishes (we needed more than 2 plates after awhile) the toaster, and several other things. There are times when I just MISS MY THINGS! I will be very grateful when I have a place to put them all in a house. If I get a house and start complaining about too much space to clean and upkeep you all just yell at me and tell me to cut it out, ok?! Remind me how badly I wanted that space. (especially if I complain about having to clean out all the closets and cabinets!)

:) going to drink more water.

bye! :)
mileage ~ 7

Juldiet 01-08-2002 03:22 PM

Rabbit: Buyers Market of American Craft is held twice a year in Philly. Its at the Philly Convention Center and the huge hall is full of booths of artists....American made art. Thats where I get most of my orders for the year. We also were invited to the Mole Hole Convention in Naples FL in April. We're going to go. There are probably 75 Mole Hole stores across the US and they get together every april for a big convention. There are 150 artists invited to set up displays and take orders. We already sell to quite a few Mole Holes and think it will be worth the trip to pick up some more orders. We have to be in SC anyway in April and can just extend our trip by another week and a half.

Bad Girl Confession: I ate a Butterfinger Candy bar only because it was here. Some friends came over for a 'milkshake party' and someone brought a bunch of big butterfingers. I was good at the party and had fruit in my milkshake....but found the butterfingers today (getting rid of the rest).

Nanci: I went to that web-site for a few min. looks interesting. Will have to go back sometime and locate the videos. Then maybe see if I can find one on half.com . I just got Strength Training for Dummies with a Amazon gift. cert. I wanted to get back to using weights again and thought it might be good and basic and remind me the correct ways to hold/use the hand weights. Will report back on that later....if I ever get around to breaking it out of the packaging. :)

bye, jul

RoadRunner 01-08-2002 06:07 PM

Good EVening!!!
Much better today!!Great to be at work and out of the house!!!
Ok, I have to say ya'll have given me the giggles...
Jul---I have been a nurse too long cuz when U wrote your "VD" goals I laughed!!!:D :D

WE received a package from Belgium..Man..I know it is those darn dark chocolates!!!!!!:cool: I would be in a mess if I lived near Belgium!!!!!
Take it easy!!!!Slow treadmill day tomorrow for me!!~~~~
RR

Backfor 2002 01-08-2002 09:05 PM

Hi everyone,

Ok I had to walk right in the door and check in here. I am doing great op but I sure do not want to do that darn tape. I am so sore. I only have 6 more days to make it through the initial boot camp. I needed to come here and get the motivation. Ok I think I have it now. Thanks!

Lauren, Thanks for the 4 pt ideas. I have a few things that are that low. The problem was that the DH was in the know on how many points the dinner I had planned was. He just went over during the day.

Elisa, You are right it has been fun doing it with him. He is sure adding some comic relief to the whole thing.

RR, Glad you are feeling better. Just throw that package right out or give it to the girls. I am picturing the little one who likes to be the cat hyped on chocolate meowing.

Rabbit, Way to go on that 6 days op. We are there as well. I am getting concerned though, I leave for Vegas on Sunday. I am going for work and will be there until Wed. I just have to plan plan plan. I really need to do this.

Dani, It sounds like you are doing great!

Jul, The shows sound great! I get compliments all the time on the bowl we got from you. I would love to see some pictures of your christmas tree ornaments.

I pulled out a picture of me from when I was at my goal weight in Hawaii. I am hoping that it will continue to give me some inspiration and keep me on track. I have to look at it that way rather than why am I back to where I started from.

Everyone have a good night.

elisa822 01-09-2002 09:09 AM

Nanci - once again we seem to be on the same wave lenght since you mentioned my 2 favourite places in your last post - Las Vegas and Hawaii!!! I've been to Vegas about 5 times and Hawaii only once - on my honeymoon and I loved it - it's so beautiful. I was also at my goal weight there (or as close as I've ever been) so that's my motivation too!!

Have a great day everyone,
Elisa

Rabbit 01-09-2002 11:45 AM

HELLO!

Day 7 op!:) And I know it is so important for me to keep my environment set up right - if there had been chocolate in the house last night, I would have eaten it. Safe if you can stop at one serving, but I am no good at that.

Happy - yeah day 2! Hooray for mileage. I've been trying to drink water more to keep me filled up too - and to keep me from things like candy.

Jul - what fun! Sounds like a cool market to be involved in - hope you get lots of orders. ~ I really like strength training - there are so many benefits to it. Hope you like your tape.

RR - well, I was going to say enjoy the belgium chocolates, but others are saying to get rid of them . . .

Nanci - after your initial bootcamp, how often will you do the video? How long is it? ~ I am also going to be gone soon. I'm going to NY Fri-Mon and am worried about that. I figure if I can be smart at breakfast & lunch, that will really help.

Rabbit

LBH 01-09-2002 11:45 AM

UGH...

I am such a zoner today...must have a cold. :( It's all DH's fault...had I known I would be getting sick once I got married, I would've never gotten married!! :lol: I have no drugs with me, and it's miserable outside, so I'm not going out at lunch to get any. I hope they have some good soup in the caf. Brought my LC, but I really want some soup...shoulda brought a bowl from home!! It's not like I don't have enough...I made an entire 6 qt. crock pot full!! :lol:

I don't have the energy to respond to all right now...hope everyone's having a great day.

Juldiet 01-09-2002 12:59 PM

Nanci: do you still have the same email addy as a few years ago? I can send a few photos of ornaments.

I did the Strength Training for Dummies tape. Its a little slow because it does go over all the proper 'how to stand' how to hold the weight', 'how not to...'. But it was really good to have the reminder. The instructor was very nice. I just walked in place between each exercise while she was going over all the 'how to/how not to' parts. I've still got some more certificates so I may order another Dummie tape. I just can never keep up with the Cindy Crawford type tapes, and Denise really turns me off with her breathy 'come on, you can do, keep going, let it burn, yeah' stuff. My Tae-Bo tapes need replaced so I'll order those again too.

LBH: feel better soon!!!

Nanci: good idea to pull out a few photos of when you were last at goal. I've got a whole little mini-album of favorite 'me' photos. It helps!

I have a very dry throat today so thats helping me drink more water.

Bad Girl Confession: Boys wanted waffles so I made the real good from scratch kind (with 1/2c. butter). I only ate one!
The rest went in the freezer for another day.

- jul

TechAlum 01-09-2002 06:59 PM

Belated Happy New Year Everyone

Hello All,

It's been really busy around here the last couple of weeks, it took me forever to catch up on the posts. I am so tired, I'm taking a training class and it runs from 8am - 5pm all week. It's been a while since I've gotten up early enough to leave the house by 7:15 and even longer since I had to sit thru 8 hours of class :lol:.

Anyway we went back to WW last night and it was even worse than I'd thought, not only had I gained back what I lost last winter (after staying the same most of the summer) but I'm over two pounds higher than my starting weight :eek:. Oh well, I'm not gonna start crying over spilled milk. Here's to getting back on track!!!!!

I can't remember all the posts, but:

Vicki - I am so sorry to hear about the baby. Hang in there and give your mind enough time to heal as well as your body before you start trying again O.K.

Nanci - Welcome back and thanks for the congratulations :D.

LBH - I was excited to see the snow on Sunday too. K was making fun of me. Today the high was almost 50 and all the snow's gone :(, we're back to the ugly mud phase.

Well, gotta go see how dinners coming K's cooking tonight :).

- Tech :spin:

RoadRunner 01-09-2002 08:11 PM

Hello!!!Just checking in!!!Take care all!!!
RR

BigFatBooty 01-09-2002 08:14 PM

Totally off topic, but.....

I've just watched MTV Jackass and seen a guy get his butt cheeks pierced :eek:

Hope everyone is doing okay - will read and catch up posts later on today - 1.12am here Wednesday morning. Off to bed - nite all.

Backfor 2002 01-09-2002 09:01 PM

Hi all,

Just a quick check in here.

BFB, I giggle so much at your posts. Why in the world would someone get their butt cheeks pierced?! I once saw a picture of someone that had their hooha pierced. OUCH

Lauren, I am sorry that I you are feeling ichy.

Tech, Just get on the band wagon. I am in the same place you are.

Jul, My email is now [email protected]

Rabbit, I am not sure how many times a week I am going to do the video. I am thinking 3 with the treadmill on alternate days. I can tell a difference already so I am excited to take the measurments. Ok Rabbit, Maybe we need to challenge each other for our out of town trips.

I was VERY GOOD and got up this morning to exercise as I have to go do something tonight. That was a major victory for me. I am one of those ppl that stay in bed until the last moment (on work days) even if I am awake.

LBH 01-11-2002 10:22 AM

Hi All,

Well, I was starting to get stressed that the site wasn't back up!! :eek: Here's the post I wrote yesterday, but the site went down just as I was waiting for it to go through. Luckily I was able to copy and paste it somewhere else until the site came back up...

Feeling slightly better today, not soo spacey! Just had some of my soup and a grilled cheese for lunch. Forgot to put some seasoning in the soup when I made it though, so it was kind of blah.

Nanci- You're really kickin' butt with that video!! I need to get back into that...I want to feel the loosness in my pants.

BFB- :lol: Hmm...butt cheek piercing, huh? I've seen that show advertised on the TV Guide channel, but had no idea what it was. Remember not soo many years ago they wouldn't even think of saying something like that on TV...it was a crime that Archie Bunker said ****, or something?! :lol:

RR- Hi!!

Tech- Good to see you!! WI can be a real eyeopener, can't it?! Welcome back on the wagon with the rest of us!! UGH...nothing worse than sitting in a class all day...think that's why I never liked school!! :lol: And the snow...you know it's all gonna melt today and freeze overnight so we have black ice to deal with!! :rolleyes: Sounds like our weather reports are the same today.

Jul- Strength Training for Dummies?! Cool, I didn't know they have that...didn't know there were Dummies videos! Where did you get it, like B&N or Amazon? I'm thinking that might be a good thing for me, a slower pace.

Yesterday, the 10th, was one year since I had to put my beloved dog, Niki, out of her misery. I was fine all day, until I went to the pet shop in the mall last night. They had 2 German Shepard puppies in separate cages. One was really playful...younger than the other. The other was laying there, trying to stay awake. Finally it just put it's head down and closed it's eyes. I almost lost it, because I just had that picture in my head of Niki laying on the table and she just closed her eyes and went to sleep... :cry: Then this AM on the way to work, I saw a guy walking two dogs - a Samoyed and a white Shepard...just like Niki. I lost it...this was after my AM started out bad cause I wiped out on the ice outside on my walkway. :(

Anyway, I'm pulling myself out of it...hoping to hear for the landlady today to tell us we can move in this weekend! Have a great day all!

BigFatBooty 01-11-2002 10:59 AM

Just so you all know......

I have managed to convince myself that I posted something that was mature, sensible, practically a revelation, a once in a lifetime awe inspiring, thought provoking post .......

but now you will never know :lol: I blame the site being down :s: What's the betting that my post which highlights my 2.5lbs gain is still on the system.

Have a great weekend all.

Juldiet 01-11-2002 12:23 PM

Lauren: hang in there. Its so tough seeing dogs of the same breed. I have a really hard time at the outdoor art shows because I always see a lot of Goldens. I do like my 'dummy' tape and I did order it off Amazon (with a g.c.) I'm going to get another one too. I did the weight training one on Wed. and yesterday I felt it. Did it again today - did a lot of walking in place between the twelve exercises.

Kenny and I had a date yesterday afternoon - went to Springfield (30 min. away - the 'big town') had lunch at a fav. italian place, went to Barns and Nobel and a few other places. I wore a pair of jeans that had previously been tight!!! - jul

215/172 current/169 VD goal

exercise for the year: 6