Old 09-11-2007, 07:11 AM   #1  
KAR

Default 30 Somethings Daily Chat Tues. Sept.11th

Morning,
Just a quick note to say hi to everyone before I head out the door for work. I decided to sleep in a half hour this morning. So now playing catch up to get everything done for leaving for school. Hope you all have a great day!
Michelle, sending big hugs for you right now! Wish there was something else I could do for you.
Alicia the afterschool program is for the whole school. I only have one student who stays for it out of my classroom. So I get a change for the last 2.5 hours of my day.
Hi to everyone else! Have a great day!
Take care,
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

morning all. well its quite pretty out here today. took my coffee and laptop out to the patio to enjoy the pretty weather before work. i'm exhausted today but that's life. well another week gone and another 2 lbs lost. woohooo. i'm officially 10 lbs lighter from my original start weight (however i started at 184 when i move to alt). So very happy this am. guess all the hard work is paying off

michelle- hang in there. just be supportive of dh. its going to be rough for both you and him for a bit...but it should get better.
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:43 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin' All!

I really need to go make coffee.

BIG HUGS for Michelle

Interview at 9...see ya'!

Last edited by LBH; 09-11-2007 at 07:43 AM.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:07 AM   #4  

Michelle, Just really thinking about you. Must be awful. I can imagine. How long until you will see DH again? It will be hard but I know you can get through this. Find some good support with other wives and make sure he leaves knowing you will be ok.
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:10 AM   #5  

GG, taking your advice and weighing in once a week. Pains me to pass the scale in the morning. I want results now, dammit!! hehehe. Worked out a half hour today. Took it easy.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:35 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

good morning!

Michelle I agree you need to find wives in the military, they are pretty well organized (from what I've heard), of course we are here for you and we will give you all the support we can, the military wives are going through the same thing you are and have been there them selfs. I know they organize lots of meetings and gatherings among them, be a part of it, you will have some comfort knowing others that are close to those who are going to be close to DH.

GG you are great! I wish I could find the motivation like you did last night. I am pretty tired myself. Have a great day today at work.

Lauren I hope your quest for a job ends soon and w/a nice offer! Good luck to you

Kerry have great day at work today, sorry you have to stay late at school for just one student, but on the other side since you do have to stay it is nice it is so easy with just one kid!

Sheila how was your volleyball?

Laurie I know what you mean by walking pass the scale. did you get all the insurance thing worked out?

I am so tired today I don't know why thought. Last night I went out for dinner with my neighbor, oh my G-d I thought we were going to be kicked out of the restaurant, I was laughing to much and to loud, she is amazingly funny she works at the 4 seasons in Laguna Nigel and the stories she has are to die laughing I needed a good laugh like that too! I came home and dh and I had a very nice evening together we had a drink and watch tv. Did you guys watch dateline, the story about the dr. that lost his family (murdered in their home) what is wrong with our system, I can't believe all this liberal judges, if they weren't so liberal those to people would've been in prison and not done what they did to that family. GRRRRRRRR.... I'm going to the gym for a little while, we are going to an IEP meeting at 10, wish me luck!

Have a great day everyone!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:46 AM   #7  

good morning!

this is a quick one...very busy here...lots going on everyday...tons of stuff with dominic..as far as his daily groups, family counselling and all that...keeps me busy to say the least...i am getting at least 1/2 hour of running in every night...

hanna: i am so glad things are working out...i think of you often

lauren: i believe i read yesterday you have an interview coming up for a possible perm position...good luck, if this is the position you want...hows the house coming along?

joan: hi

sheila: glad you and dh got out together...sounds like you had a lot of fun

kerry: hows this school year going so far for you...are you enjoying your class?

tamara: where are you???

alicia: hey you....hope things are going well for you

michele: hang in there...i agree with the others, go to the meetings with the other wives...im sure they will support you greatly...and come here too..we are here for you!

gg: sounds like you were busy girl at work!...you are so great to get your exercise in...keep up the wonderful work

laurie: that wonderful that you have a little gym at your house...what fun stuff do you have??...im jealous, we just have a treadmill...a weight bench...and i also use a jump rope and a 3lb hula hoop...oh we have a mini trampoline and some videos...i guess now that i list all this im not that bad off...i really would like an eliptical at my house though

well for anyone i may have forgotten...i miss you guys!...i will do my best to come everyday...have a great day!
Christina S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:46 AM   #8  

OK ladies. This morning I was checking my fitday (which I record everything religiously -every day). I did the report for exercise and here goes:

In the past month I have:

Biked 79 miles
Done Conditioning exercises : 553 Mins
Walked:75.5 miles

THATS CRAZY!!! I cant believe it. I am really proud of myself. Well, Ill keep going. Hoping to increase next month as this is just my first month working out straight for a long time.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:01 PM   #9  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

THANK YOU LADIES i need all the support i can and laurie he hasnt left yet its next tuesday and he'll be gone for 9 months i did sign up for an army wives forum and they have helped my ALOT but i feel at home HERE so yeah im gonna be a downer but im sure no i KNOW i will pull through this
thank you ladies again
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/220/160

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone!
Michelle
I am really sorry you are so down! It must be hard. We are always here to listen.... Just get your feelings out however you need to. When you are sad you should just cry and get it out and when you are mad you should go beat up a punching bag or something and get your frustrations out! Ha!

Hanna
It would take me about one and half hours to get to Dana Point - not too bad! But I would have to venture out that way on a weekend day! We should do it!

GG
I was so tired last night I didn't get out with the dog and I feel bad that I didn't but I did play with him out back and gave him a really good bath!

Laurie
Congrats on the exercise accomplishments! Good for you!

Sheila
Was volleyball fun? Are ya sore?

Hi Alicia, Lisa, Kerry, Alicia, John, Bluey, and everyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SlimPossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:17 PM   #11  

Sheila,

I love that you are playing volleyball. My DH and I belong to a sports and social club and during the winter we do dodgeball and v-ball. I like Dodgeball (makes me feel like a kid again) but people get sooo aggresive. They swear at you and yell "I HIT YOU!!! YOU ARE OUT!" When you know you didnt get it. It sometimes gets so rowdy the ref has to make us play with the opposite hand in order to calm down. I like V-ball so much better. Everyone has a nice easy game. The only bad thing is that the social part includes going to a bar after and having a few beers (sometimes wings-eeek!). So all the exercise is more than cancelled out. It is fun though. I hope you are having fun with it.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:18 PM   #12  
KAR

Hi everyone,
Sounds like everyone is having a great day so far. Got stuck in a major rain shower this morning. Guess I got a second shower. LOL I finally dried around 12.
Lauren how was your interview today? I hope it went well. Is today the day you had to take a test too?
Laurie keep up the great work on getting your workouts in! You will see great results soon.
Hanna hope your IEP meeting went well this morning. Sounds like you had a great time last night at dinner. You needed that after all the stress you have been under lately.
Christina, glad you popped in. Sounds like things are very busy for you. My school year is going well so far. I just am very tired every night when I come home but this is only the second week of school. So I guess I just need to get into a routine.
Well I have to go for now. I have 3.75 hours left to go. Then I am off to TOPS for this evening. Then I think I will go home and eat dinner and relax a little bit.
Chat with you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:10 PM   #13  
Alicia

S/C/G: 259/259/195

Height: 5'6"

Kerry, it has been raining on and off here today also. Son didn't want to got to school in the rain. I'm like hello, you'll have plenty of snow days this winter, but rain days? Come on. The dogs didn't want to go out in the rain either, had to push/pull them out the front door. BTW, what is TOPS? I know what is stands for. Is it like WW?

Michelle, I'm sorry I am not sure what all is going on with you, I think I missed some stuff when I was on vacation. I hope it all works out.

Hello everyone else! I have to go get my son off the bus. I hate to say it but some days I just dread the afternoon routine. I have back pain today and would rather just lay here than do homework and stuff. OH well.

Talk to ya later.
Alicia
lois lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 03:54 PM   #14  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

GG~ in Savanah is there a SAFE town to live in ?
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 04:13 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/197.8/140

Height: 65 inches

Gator- congrats on the weight loss- that's awesome!

Lauren good luck with the interview- what are you interviewing for; I am still trying to catch up on some old threads so I can' "know" you ladies.

Michelle- the sacrifice that you and other military families make is incredible. I hope you get all of the support that you deserve and need. Big hugs.

Alicia, I hope your back feels better.

I am more motivated to work out. I went to go see a friend who had a baby three months ago and she looks amazing! I think she is already at her pre-pregnancy weight. I asked her what she did-- nothing! How are some people so lucky? While I am still stuck with 30+lbs of baby weight.
So now I am going to the gym.
shoegal4 is offline   Reply With Quote