Old 08-28-2007, 07:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Default 30 something chat: Tues Aug 28

Morning all..nothing exciting to report...i am a bit sore from the walk/run and the evening toning episode...but nothing i cant handle...it feels good to know i worked out hard enough to make my muscle sore. Got to go to work today.

Christina - good luck on the job....glad to see you back

Nothing new to report...off to work i go
GatorgalstuckinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:09 AM   #2  

Well, my grandmother took the whole fmily out to dinner last night and I didnt do so good. I had fried clams, onion rings and a mudslide made with icecream. I by far didnt finish my plate and shared my drink with DH. Soooo, I did see a gain of 1 lb this morning. Not too impress with my so-called will power. I had examined the menu, had a good food choice picked out but with everyone ordering bad stuff, I just went along with it. My DH was good with broiled haddock (I hate fish though). So he lost a pound.

Well, I got up and got back on track. I did an extra half hour worrkout and will work a little harder throughout the day. I hope it makes up for it.

So, how was the weekend for eveyone? Mine was good. Pretty uneventful. Went to dinner at my moms. Hung out with the fam. Nothing too exciting.

Ohh, I did get a little shocker this morning. My baby girl Isabelle (now 6) has her first LOOSE TOOTH!!! Is it bad that it makes me kind of sad? I just dont want her to grow up.
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:18 AM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Mornin'!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 08:50 AM   #4  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

hey everyone
Lauren you need coffee

I am draggin butt today

MO where the heck are ya?
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 237/237/175

Height: 5'8"

Hey there ~ mornin'.

GG (alias: Patricia) ~ Sounds like you're living in a beautiful area. By the way, excellent willpower with resisting the cookies! How is DH doing with watching his ... cholesterol (?). I think that is what you said that he has to watch.

Laurie ~ Good for you for moving more today in light of last night. How much have you lost now? I hear ya' about feeling a little bit sad about losing baby teeth. My two oldest have already lost a bunch and when I look at them I get sad as they look *so* tiny. They're just too cute.

Hey there Lauren ~ are you sleeping at the new house yet? Again, you guys are soooo fortunate to be able to spread the move out.

Sheila ~ DH will be making some seriously sweeeeeetttt cash. I admire you for standing up and telling DH that you want to move away from mil. It is time to cut the apron strings and move away from mama.

Kerry ~ you mentioned a birthday treat. Was yesterday your birthday or your sisters?

Michelle ~ I'm thinking of you and hoping that all works out. How are your kids taking the news?

I thank you for all so much for the words of encouragement, "get off your fat *** and get moving" that I got the other day. So often, when I've fallen off the wagon in the past, I tend to withdraw. This time I wanted you guys to beat me up about it, so, um THANKS! I love you guys! I took three days off but was back on track by Saturday. DH brought me some hazelnut chocolates on Saturday and I've only eaten one small piece each day. It's the good stuff so that one little piece is enough to satisfy me. Plus, my two girls love it and keep asking me for a piece. I had to laugh yesterday as my first grader asked if I could send a piece in her lunchbox. This kid has "adult" tastebuds as she loves coffee, dark chocolate, cinnamon and ginger.

Happy Tuesday to everyone. Make it a good one ~ Joan
IrishJoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:31 AM   #6  

Oh Christina, I forgot to mention.... I HOPE THAT YOU GET THIS JOB! Sounds like an awesome place.

Lisa ~ same goes for you. Fingers are crossed (toes too;-).
Old 08-28-2007, 10:53 AM   #7  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone!!

Thought I would check in. First day of school today so my step son started 4th grade. He was so excited when we got up at 6:30 to get him up he was already at the table eating his cereal, apparently he woke up at 6:10 and just couldn't wait to start the day. Leslie's day started off bad, my friend Jill is up visiting with her little boy (same age as Leslie) and she bit him twice today, hard enough to leave a mark. Any ideas? I think she's just frusterated that he is always in "her stuff". She needs to learn to share, preferably without leaving a dental record in his arm.

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

Good morning!

Sean was picked up at 7:15! I thought I was going to go back to bed, but I can't I just have to much energy this morning. I am heading to the gym.
My girlfriend called yesterday to see if I wanted to go meet her for lunch, we are going to try a Peruvian restaurant, I am looking forward to it! today is a girl day!!! there is a very neat yarn shop around the corner from the restaurant yeah!!! I have been having knitting a lot, I find it relaxing! and I love it!

My little dude (the dog) needs to go to the vet, when I gave a haircut cause i couldn't wait for the groomer to have an opening we found a "bold" spot right above his tight, so we thought it was just that a bold spot, well it has been I thing over a month and we have been monitoring it, just watching and making sure he is OK, well yesterday we looked at it and there is a little bit of broken skin there, so off I go to the vet. It is not that bad going to the vet anymore by that I mean we were smart with him and we got him pet insurance, so we will be reimbursed some of the money we pay the vet.

Joan I wander what Melinda would say about letting us beat you up, LOL! but I am glad we were able to motivate you!

GG have a nice day at work, you are doing great! I love to have that exersice pain pain, that is good pain!

Christina I will keep my fingers crossed for the new job!

Laurie you did great to exercise after that meal! good for you!!! don't beat yourself up, you are doing great!

Sheila

Every one else have you started looking at the ML's on line? I would? do you know what area you want to move to? :Hug:

Have a great day!!!

I will chat later!
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 138/106

Height: 5'2

hi Angy!
we were posting at the same time!

good luck with the little ones! I don't have any suggestions for the bitting sorry!

Hanna
happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:06 PM   #10  
aka Anne Marie

S/C/G: 232/222/145

Hi all,
I hope everyone had a great weekend and start to their week! I just got back from Canada late last night, and since I was at a workshop Sat-Mon, I didn't get a chance to work out, and had very little control over what I ate. But... I am down another pound, anyway. I guess I also didn't have time to eat very much! I had a GREAT time at my workshop and learned a ton, so that was fabulous.

I am going to head to the gym later this afternoon and am back on the wagon in terms of my diet, so hopefully no real harm was done.

Christina, good luck on the job!

Laurie, don't feel bad. We all have days like that, right? Good for you that you worked out and got yourself back on track. And I hear you about the tooth. My little girl is 5, and I'm dreading the day she has her first loose tooth. I'm worried enough about Kindergarten this year!

Joan, good for you for getting back on track! Hazelnut chocolate sounds awesome, so you're amazing for limiting yourself to one piece!

Angie, how old is Leslie? I remember the biting phase. I hope she has a better afternoon!

Hanna, I hope your little doggy is okay! I used to knit, and found it very relaxing as well. I miss it, but I have NO time for it anymore!

Have a great day, everyone!
principessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:35 PM   #11  
Finally Taking Care of ME

S/C/G: 283/ticker/183

Height: 5'9"

Leslie will be 16 months on the 1st. She's quite advanced for her age and big also. She walked at 9 months and never slowed down. She doesn't seem to have these issues at the normal babysitters (yet), as she's the youngest there. The little boy she bit is a little younger than her and he gets frusterated easily that he wants what to her is "her stuff". Hopefully it gets better.

Angie
LesliesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 02:51 PM   #12  
sheila

S/C/G: 198/164/125

Height: 5 ft even

<A href="http://"get off your fat *** and get moving">http://"get off your fat *** and get moving

Joan I love it!! Right back at ya i know you would tell me and thanks!
sheila1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:00 PM   #13  
Can't wait 2 be a goddess

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/165

Height: 5'8

im trying to find options on the home i dont wanna foreclose so im doing some research
Lisa~ no im not living on base cause the size of my family but i will be right out side of it
I'll check in later
Michelle
707Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 03:42 PM   #14  

Well, Im bored and writing. No customers today I had to go get plastic wine glasses for a thing I am doing tonight with a prospective mayor of our city. He is meeting many of the cities educators and looking for support. So, Ill be there hawking wine and checking him out at the same time. Im interested in what he plans on doing to promote downtown more. Too many people shop in the mall and not here. We pay for a group that is supposed to help promote businesses in the downtown area but they spend more time trying to promote themselves.

I went to Bella's school and requested a transfer. I would love for her to go to the school closer to my business. Last year I was running her back and forth and closing while I was gone. This year I am hoping that they will let me put her in this "new" school so that I dont have to be closed so much. It also doesnt hurt that its a MUCH nicer looking school in my opinion.

So far I have been back to dieting (after vacation) for 3 weeks and lost 10 lbs. I am happy with that. I have to keep thinking that the lifestyle change or whatever is not about the numbers but about just not getting in a funk and giving up. I think that yo-yo of losing and gaining can be soo tough that its easy to throw in the towel cuz one bad weekend can ruin good behavior for 2 weeks. Stinks but as long as we can get over it and keep going no matter what the scale says, in the long run we will lose the weight. Though maybe not as fast as we all would like.

Michelle, I am soooo bummed for you. I am thinking of you at this tough time. Financial problems are the worst because we have no control over how much money we have coming in sometimes. I hope you are able to get out of the house OK and that the move goes OK.

Angie, Leslie is sooooo cute. I really love that picture.

Anne Marie, Sooo awesome that you still lost after traveling. That is a real accomplishment. I dont know that I have ever done that.

Hanna, have fun today! You deserve it!! You know my mom has a lil Yorkie too. Her name is Bitsy.

Joan, So glad to hear you overcame your funk. Its hard to do sometimes, I know. I have a question for you. How long from when they notice that the tooth is lose until it comes out. I know Bella is scared and she says it hurts. I just hate to see her in pain. Poor kiddo.

Well, I guess I outta get back to work for the last 50 mins.
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 04:02 PM   #15  

Laurie ~ Just depends on how loose the tooth is. I wiggle it as much as possible and encourage the kids to do so also. Our dentist told me to do this as the permanent teeth are already there and need the space to grow. Make a big deal out of what a big girl she is and before you know it she'll be wiggling it as much as she can.

Time for our afternoon walk to school...